Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 127. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 03:21:16 AM
If you are an aggressive investor who really knows how to play the game and understand how altcoins work, tyen short term investments might be suitable for you. However, it needs your utmost attention in checking if yoy are on the winning or the losing end.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Cryptics
December 30, 2017, 02:46:29 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I choose coin with bigger marketcap like bitcoin neo and ethereum for long term gain and some other alts for short term gain, the percentage is about 70% for long term and 30% for short term. Long term is more than 1 year for me and short term is from 1 day until 6 month the longest.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
December 30, 2017, 02:44:22 AM
this is based on what I did
short term = day trading : can earn small amount in a matter of 10 buy and selling 6 of it had me failed and my earnings loose a little bit or sometimes even more, also time consuming

long term = holding for a month I think : can earn big if you got a good valueble have potenatial coin. much smaller risk of failure.
time consuming if you will think but if you will not be paranoid it will not.

after I do this I think long term is best. I am now holding ripple and stoped day trading because ripple are so hyped and I know ripple have future.
do your own research of course of those coins you want to hold or invest happy earning

That is a reasonable answer, I think both daily trading and long term holding are fine, daily trading will help you to learn more latest news about the market, while the long term holding will help you to get great profit instead of selling them too early.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 30, 2017, 02:43:55 AM
Well in my portfolio, I'm doing a medium term, I am holding for a month. But I have some for long term, maybe I'll hold it for a year, that asset is TRX or TRON. I believe in Justin Sun lol.
Activity: 518
December 30, 2017, 02:27:19 AM
Giving the uncertainty surrounding cryptocurrency, one might be tempted to always go on short term on your portfolio. For me, I have 20% long term holding and 80% short term holding. No medium term
Activity: 289
Merit: 103
December 30, 2017, 02:22:58 AM
I am new to trading and my first coin was TRX tron thought of holding it for a day trade makes profit but no. I loose some bitcoin but immediately take an action. I transferred my income to another altcoin which is the ripple XRP. and now still holding it. I earn much more in holding for long time and gain more now that TRX is trying to reach the 3$ market price heheheh. hopefully in 2018 ripple price will increase in 5$ and more . PROFIT for me heheheh
Activity: 210
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 30, 2017, 02:05:36 AM
It is not that much easy to describe about the returns about short term and long term its all about the requirement and the performance of the product only make us to take the decision and also most of the time market sentiments make big impact in the rates. Only advantage of the long term is no need to panic and we can give the enough time to perform and get better returns compare with short term.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 02:01:29 AM
When you understand that an asset is safe and growing continuously then you should investment for log time.
But when you seeing the assets value is unstable markets are dumping you should not invest for long
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
December 30, 2017, 01:55:22 AM
more visible results if used in investsai long term. therefore do not be responsibility in investing, direct of the course so that the results obtained are also great.
Activity: 392
December 30, 2017, 01:53:28 AM
Long term you can get much more profit of it it can double it price or maybe triple but on the short term you can get much more profit time to time if you are investing multiple investment and short time is good for hasty person
Activity: 210
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
December 30, 2017, 01:49:27 AM
I've risked almost everything I've got. I'm in it for the Long term.

I won't touch my portfolio until at least 1 year has passed.

If my portfolio is worth 0-100% of investment, fine. I will have lived, and tried, and failed. Wait another year.
If it's anything above 200% gain, I will have made more money than I've ever made in a single year.

Sometimes you gotta risk it. It's also fun. Am I addicted to gambling? maybe? But at least I've stopped drinking Cheesy
hhhh, so am I. I have spent all my money on ICO and some altcoin, and I hope to bring me great benefits in the short term (3 months).
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
December 30, 2017, 01:29:15 AM
Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

Good choice.
Ripples has raised a lot during the past few days.
I missed that opportunity.
Activity: 473
Merit: 11
December 30, 2017, 01:25:16 AM
Only long term. So you are usually more at risk, but you've earned a lot more money

No matter long-term or short-term, of course people will earn a lot of money, just if the price of the coin is getting higher.
but how if the price is just getting swimming into the abyss ?  Shocked

bad coins for short-term and good coins for long-term
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 01:21:06 AM
I've risked almost everything I've got. I'm in it for the Long term.

I won't touch my portfolio until at least 1 year has passed.

If my portfolio is worth 0-100% of investment, fine. I will have lived, and tried, and failed. Wait another year.
If it's anything above 200% gain, I will have made more money than I've ever made in a single year.

Sometimes you gotta risk it. It's also fun. Am I addicted to gambling? maybe? But at least I've stopped drinking Cheesy
Activity: 350
The Future Of Work
December 30, 2017, 01:17:03 AM
I adhere to the following rules when managing their portfolios tokens:
1. You must have a diverse portfolio. If part of the token will drop, the other part will go up.
2. You must carefully select promising projects. Pay attention to the idea, the team, content and external resources.
3. To follow closely the developments of the project so as not to miss pump. To enable You time to sell tokens and make a profit.
If it is to follow these rules, you can very well earn.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
December 29, 2017, 07:34:43 PM
My portfolio is organised for Long-term investment. Does not follow general rules exact point by point, I think risk level is High/V. High
but I fell very well with that. I invested what I can lose and I am fine with that, 20 Tokens in portfolio.

<10% BTC
None Tokens from Top 100
I list few main just to justify my choice by the amount I have:
1. PRL (way above 10.000)
2. MTH (<10.000)
3. VEE/SNC (<10.000)
4. SONM/FLIXX/ENJ/QSP (<5.000)
5. COB/VIB/ENG  (<3000)

I don't invest short term - it requires daily more attention and time to follow price and buy/sell orders for profit. I have 3 coins in past, If I keep them and not sell in 2015 today will be more than 30BTC that why I am long-term and I am more patient now.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2017, 07:23:38 PM
For me long term investment is fits for those people who have huge amount of capital, they can hold good amount og value of altcoin unlile for users which the capital is limited that is why short term is good for limited budget that they can maximize their earning by doing short term trading. But of course much better if you have fund for long and short term investment.

I think you can also make short-term investments with large capital, usually it happens to investment with high adrenaline and with high fluctuation value, if we have a good ability in choosing an investment, we can get huge profits with the capital
Activity: 322
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 29, 2017, 07:18:25 PM
Only long term. So you are usually more at risk, but you've earned a lot more money
Activity: 130
December 29, 2017, 07:17:14 PM
Long term means you just hodl your token until the price increase so that you can get more profit.. While short term means you can day trade but you only get a little bit profit.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 29, 2017, 07:16:58 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I'm handling it the easiest way that I can and as much as possible I'm not going to panic. Most of my coins are in long term holding and I don't have any % on the gains that I'm planning to have. When I can see that there's enough profit, I'm taking it in and I don't calculate it since I don't want to bother myself computing those percentage.
Jump to: