Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 123. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
January 02, 2018, 03:40:01 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I am here for a longterm investment. I failed once before and sold my crypto too early despite I had it for almost 2 years.
Personally, I think the longterm investment is way better than day trading. Short term is riskier for me, too much hype around some projects may lead you to make the wrong choice and became bagholder like XVG recently with anonym feature "Wraith" that doesn't work, or be more specific doesn't mask your IP address.

My Blockfolio 100% long term

Activity: 668
Merit: 500
January 02, 2018, 03:35:30 AM
I think long term is good.its risk is low,but short term is not sure.its risk is high.

it's depend type of people. but I personally it's depend on the market if I get a profit for the short term.
I prefer to choose for the shorterm to traded
but if I want to invest I choose for the longterm.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 03:32:25 AM
Short term is more risky and harder to do but you can make more imo if you know what you're doing. One thing that makes it easier is groups such as this, that PnD coins to 2x or 3x profit. Keep in mind though its still riskier than long term.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
January 02, 2018, 03:25:58 AM
Long term is the best for those coin who are not yet pumped in the market because that is the only key for me to have a great income from long term but short term is the best for those coin who are already pumped in the market and that will give you profit for short term because you can take advantage of the volatility of the market of that coin.
Activity: 172
January 02, 2018, 03:15:41 AM
I think long term is good.its risk is low,but short term is not sure.its risk is high.
Activity: 43
January 02, 2018, 03:09:47 AM
The worstt thing you can do in crypto is to panic. You need to stay calm and look in the long term or you will lose everything.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
January 02, 2018, 03:09:02 AM
Both had advantages and disadvantages. For my opinion, it is better to choose long term because it will gain more than the short term. Many risk takers choosing long term period because they know that it can benefit them bigger. You are having investment not to sell it immediately instead of holding it and earn from it.

Yes both are good ways of ripping some profits but I also prefer long term especially for a cheaper and promising coins. For such futuristic coins, they usually benefit the investors only if patience can be implored.
Activity: 8
January 02, 2018, 02:50:54 AM
Bitcoin is definitely for long term investment. For short terms, can try DBC, ELA, etc...
Activity: 54
January 02, 2018, 02:50:38 AM
Long term investment are good for bitcoin, buy at a low price first. In short-term investment it is good to invest in new ICO's that has become successful in their project, i know some new ICO's that have been in a success recently and the value of their tokens are amazing.
Activity: 477
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 02:46:33 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I only hold bitcoin as longterm investment, altcoin is only for short term investment. Some altcoin which has no good fundamental and developer is have no future, the price will fall to zero. We must considers the developer before investing.
Activity: 462
January 02, 2018, 02:44:54 AM
Majority is long term and about 15% short term plays with profits going to long term HODL
Definitely choosing long term over short term is more good to do, because if we will choose long term it will be more nice for us because i am sure that we can make more money with that, and just like holding our bitcoin for long term that is very great because i am sure that the value of bitcoin is we will rise very high and we can make many profit by long term.
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
January 02, 2018, 02:37:48 AM
 I prefer long term that's why im holding my bitcoin because I know someday its going to be worth it. Im also holding some coins temporarily for profits but most of the time these coins are only for short term. The best coins for long term hold are Ethereum and Bitcoin.
Activity: 222
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 11:59:02 PM
for the long term then invest only in coins that cost is high, so then the profit obtained will be much greater. However, if the short term investment then invested in coins that cost is small because it changes very quickly.
Activity: 150
January 01, 2018, 11:11:45 PM
Always long term for sure. Currently planning on getting in on the bee token's sale this month. Decentralized airbnb which will take some time to hit all major cities, but going in for the strong team and impressive partnerships.  https://www.thebeetoken.com/

Other than that, hodling the big 3.
Activity: 159
January 01, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
Easy - BTC Core, ICX, Wanchain (when it comes out) AVT, 0x Protocol, Stealth, Ruby, Ethos (Wallet), Presearch, Tierion, District 0x.
I also like XMR for privacy, ZenCash, Pillar.
Activity: 170
January 01, 2018, 10:46:18 PM
sometime the longer you hold your coin is good for your investment because i believe that the price of every single coin will climb up. just be patience. but if you feel enough with the price you can sell it as well. it depends on you.
Activity: 124
January 01, 2018, 10:44:34 PM
Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

Yes thats the best combination of short and long term investment, but theres other people that they have their own idea about long and short term, but me thats the best way of investing or hold.
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
CV proof..best project 2018
January 01, 2018, 10:24:58 PM
very difficult question to answer.its depends on the project and your money urgency.but overall genaral answer is long time holding is the best.specially for solid currencies like bitcoin,etherium , ripple,sia,monero, lite coin and etc you better hold them for long time untill u want some money.if you have some airdroped projects or coins without much reputation or much detais you better sell them once you got enough profit(airdrops are always profit .i mean once you noticed a significant bull run..sell it as soon as possible).because majority of airdrops coins are not well established solid projects.so you can sell them and invest money you got for another good project.this is just a idea.any body cant force you to sell or hold your coins.because you are the owner of your your coins and you can do anything to your coins at any time.mainly its depend on your money urgency.i  shared just my experiance.(keep in mind im a newbie to field and heard about cryptocurrency just 4 months ago )
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 01, 2018, 10:17:19 PM
I am not at all investing for short term after experiencing lots of bad movements now I am focusing on long term and fixing my maximum profit now my 100% investment goes towards long term investment.
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
January 01, 2018, 10:14:15 PM
I think that "long term" is a nonsense word in crypto world. Anything is moving so fast that it's crazy to make prediction day by day.
I have a good experiencd in forex, and movement that you usually see in a year, in crypto happen in a week or less.
So, gain what you can today, and don't think "long term".
Jump to: