Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 3. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 05:00:41 PM
As of this moment its better to have a long term situation than a short them.As we can observe the situation in the market value price was not increasing we can gain profit if we do short term.What we are trying to do is hold it for in a long term because maybe someday the market value price will recover so that we can earn big profit in the future.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 20, 2018, 04:56:02 PM
Long term trade has a higher chance to earn a huge profit,
While on the other hand short term trade could earn daily with compounding profit so you could also use it to earn a huge amount but it is too risky.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 04:43:23 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
In my opinion, we choose short-term campaign for ETH and Bitcoin is reasonable because when Bitcoin price increases, ETH will jump and we keep it short and sell it. Long-term strategy i will apply for Altcoins on the coinmarket because i do not have much money to buy Bitcoin even though i know it will be very profitable.
and nevertheless there are some projects, Whose tokens, too, should be kept for a long time in their wallets and not sold. Projects are developing and their real value can be increased after several years.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
September 20, 2018, 03:45:43 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
In my opinion, we choose short-term campaign for ETH and Bitcoin is reasonable because when Bitcoin price increases, ETH will jump and we keep it short and sell it. Long-term strategy i will apply for Altcoins on the coinmarket because i do not have much money to buy Bitcoin even though i know it will be very profitable.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
September 20, 2018, 02:32:10 PM

Whether it be crypto or traditional stocks, investing for long term gain is usually more profitable.

At the market's current state i've already cashed out all my short term portfolio and am now just holding big blue chip coins (like Bitcoin and Ethereum) and holding them for the long haul. However, i am considering picking up some short-term altcoins again now that coin values have gone down so much.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
September 20, 2018, 02:03:30 PM
I  hold most of the coins as long term. Over time, if some coins are not performing well or see some negative developments, then get out of those making those short term.
Activity: 744
Merit: 266
September 20, 2018, 01:50:13 PM
Well it all depends on nature of your portfolio. According to me short term investments are less secured than long term investments. If you want sufficient returns on your investment i would suggest hold for at least 2-4 years. Risk tolerance is always on higher side in short term investments as we well know crypto market have high volatility. So long term investments are much more favorable than short term. If you want to invest in crypto for long term go for BTC and ETH for positive ROI in future. And if you want to invest for term go for ripple or NEO.
Activity: 245
September 20, 2018, 01:38:37 PM
To succeed and win in business and currency investing which i think we must have the right investment strategy. At this point i find that the best long term investment buy Bitcoin and ETH for long-term. Short- term strategy i think we should invest in Altcoin and ICOS campaigns is the most reasonable. Since the prices of crypto coins are so cheap that buying the stock now will be smart.
Activity: 868
Merit: 509
September 20, 2018, 01:34:56 PM
The long-term storage strategy is very profitable at a time when the market is moving up. At such a time it is not profitable to buy a coin for a short time. But with a bearish trend, the opposite is true.
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
September 20, 2018, 01:32:40 PM
At the moment i think the short-term and long-term strategy with the coin and the top choices people think of on coinmarketcap and Bitcoin with ETH are the two names that are mentioned a lot. And Bitcoin and ETH will be chosen for short-term and long-term goals i think.
Between bitcoin and ethereum it seems good to invest both short and long term,
but if you look at crypto conditions right now we better invest long term and that seems a safer way

If tomorrow the market devises something more technologically advanced, larger investors may lose faith in the ethereum - this will lead to a drop in the rate
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
September 20, 2018, 01:00:00 PM
It depends on the conversion trend and the situation of the market. At this stage, I focus only on day-to-day trading. And to limit becoming a barbecue, you need to self-aware it in a separate corner Smiley
Activity: 280
September 20, 2018, 12:43:16 PM
it should be evaluated with the whole option, or it is not only us to be limited to one, so it should be decided if it is beneficial to us.
Activity: 410
September 20, 2018, 12:38:39 PM
I think everything depends on what coin is being held.

if the coin fluctuations are high then the potential profit will be greater when we apply the short term.
and if the coin flutuation we hold has low fluctuations, it will be more efficient to apply the long term.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 20, 2018, 11:57:55 AM
im still a bad trader. i cant handle my portofolio, i trade using a bad pshycology
so, i cant know how much in %. But if a profit, i take 5-20% in one trading
Activity: 573
Merit: 251
September 20, 2018, 11:05:36 AM
for now it should be better if it is a long-term investment because when you see unstable prices, if you are in a hurry to sell it, you will experience a loss because all prices are unpredictable

Yes right, as long as there are teams working on the coin, there is no doubt that long-term investments are better than short-term investments, I am sure that the market will soon recover.
Activity: 308
September 20, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
I think there are projects more suitable for a long time, and there is just a flip. Therefore, it is impossible to choose any right strategy. But it is definitely more profitable to just hold the tokens than to try to speculate
Activity: 32
Merit: 2
September 18, 2018, 05:31:56 AM
Invest long term in solid projects and try to find some good POS projects, stake it and make a good passive income.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
September 18, 2018, 05:17:13 AM
long term is very good to invest in good coins but the short term is very good to do now because the conditions are volatile and it is profitable for traders. but all depends on your decision, each person has a different experience that is more profitable.
Activity: 378
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
September 18, 2018, 05:09:53 AM
Long-term option is one of our advantages, so I think the market will grow at times and we always wait for good opportunities, I think not to worry, patience will succeed.
1DC
Activity: 448
September 16, 2018, 07:21:11 PM

Since I much prefer long term than short term so most of my coin are in long term holding strategy , I dont do short term because like now the market is not constantly changing so short term investment is not applicable..
Pages:
Jump to: