Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 5. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 12, 2018, 11:03:28 AM
its still depends the coin and where,
if you buying unlisted coin, or it still traded on not official exchange then you can hold for mid or long
but if the coin already popular and added anywhere you might just catch dip and sell for 10% or 25% profit

Great this is the way I usually use. I bought the altcoin in the top 100 and kept them and sold when I gained 10-15% profit. And I bought some tokens after the ICO ended and waited for them to be listed at the exchange. But this is quite risky because the tokens may fall after being listed and in 2018 most of the tokens I purchase fall 2-5 times after listing at the exchange.
Activity: 826
Merit: 10
September 12, 2018, 10:48:43 AM
With the market conditions being red like now I think short-term investment is better and profitable, many predictions say that it takes at least 3 years to be able to make the price of bitcoin through the highest position ever reached, that is $ 19200, so I prefer short-term investment (trading) .
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 10:00:42 AM
its still depends the coin and where,
if you buying unlisted coin, or it still traded on not official exchange then you can hold for mid or long
but if the coin already popular and added anywhere you might just catch dip and sell for 10% or 25% profit
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 09:46:48 AM
All these methods are good in their own way, and both can help, and the help will be very effective if everything goes well and will pass exactly as you have planned for the future.
Activity: 343
September 12, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
At the moment i think the short-term and long-term strategy with the coin and the top choices people think of on coinmarketcap and Bitcoin with ETH are the two names that are mentioned a lot. And Bitcoin and ETH will be chosen for short-term and long-term goals i think.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
September 12, 2018, 08:56:33 AM
In my opinion, we can divide funds into two parts, some of which are long-term investments, and short-term investments. But still, the majority of portfolios must be in Bitcoin, we will be crazy not to take profits but become a solid portfolio. This includes coins that we see as long-term and short-term.

Correct. This is also what I am doing. What I missed is over-holding some of my alts that are supposed to be sold already earlier. I just didn't expect a longer bear period.
Activity: 294
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 08:38:58 AM
In my opinion, we can divide funds into two parts, some of which are long-term investments, and short-term investments. But still, the majority of portfolios must be in Bitcoin, we will be crazy not to take profits but become a solid portfolio. This includes coins that we see as long-term and short-term.
Activity: 32
September 12, 2018, 08:26:23 AM
There is every risk, but we can say there are fewer pictures in the short vault.
Activity: 434
September 12, 2018, 08:14:55 AM
100% of my capital is a long-term investment. and now I regret it very much! now I just have to watch my balance melt.
I will choose a short-term strategy for the future.
Activity: 56
September 12, 2018, 04:57:53 AM
Long-term investments are certainly justified, but from my point of view profit-taking will be profit-taking by periods, a vivid example of 2017, those who did not leave the market and did not fix the income remained again waiting, while missing the chance to multiply the amount of the initial asset
Activity: 518
September 12, 2018, 04:10:25 AM
bitcoin and ethereum is good for long-terms because of their popularity they are one of the most possible coins to go up and down. most part of other altcoins is for short-term.

Sharing this point of view, I would like to add this thing as well - it is also cool to hold some of other the other altcoins. Pick, for example, Ontology, OmiseGO, and TRON.
Activity: 14
September 11, 2018, 03:01:43 PM
Very tight controls. In the short term, about 3% and in the long term not more than 7 %. I'm a risk-minimiser.
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
September 11, 2018, 10:32:31 AM
bitcoin and ethereum is good for long-terms because of their popularity they are one of the most possible coins to go up and down. most part of other altcoins is for short-term.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
September 11, 2018, 10:31:46 AM
it seems for the current market conditions that it is good to trade short terms because the volatile conditions are very high in the last few days. It is very profitable to trade just a short term.
Activity: 224
September 11, 2018, 10:04:38 AM
my portfolio has about this distribution ...: 80% hold for a long time and 20% for a short period. I think this is the correct distribution of the deposit
If I choose to hold a BTC or ETH, I will choose the long term, and if I hold the other coin, I will choose short term, because the short term will give us low profits, but long term will bring higher income
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
September 11, 2018, 03:44:11 AM
my portfolio has about this distribution ...: 80% hold for a long time and 20% for a short period. I think this is the correct distribution of the deposit
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
September 11, 2018, 03:30:04 AM
Definitely a long term investment , don't like to keep track of prices , to observe the exchange, and so on .
Activity: 126
September 04, 2018, 10:39:56 AM
short-term is the choice while the market is growing, long-term hold is the choice while the market is falling now, so depending on when we should make the right decision
Activity: 406
September 04, 2018, 10:29:02 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I choose projects that will bring good profits after a long time. It seems to me that such a strategy will suit most players. You just need to decide on the coins and forget about them for a long time. Sometimes it's hard to resist selling when the price rises. But if you have patience and wait, then the result will be much more good.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
September 04, 2018, 10:07:22 AM
Short term trading is profitable the time that market is alive. But now I dont think it is profitable now that price of cryptocurrency slowly moving downward.
So I now prefer long term holding, after market fully recover.

I think the market conditions that are red like now make us have to be patient, I prefer long-term investments, in my opinion it is difficult to get big profits if we rely on short term or daily trading.
Pages:
Jump to: