Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 7. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 11:11:03 AM
Honestly these past few months I ignored my portfolio and focus working on bounty campaigns, trying to get and save coins as much as I can before the Bullish season takes over. Well at first I monitor it momentarily and then I realized that it only stresses me out. So i followed this motto "work now, sell later" and I hope it will work fine for me.
Activity: 186
Merit: 2
August 24, 2018, 06:57:16 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Most of my coins are from the bounties which I participated in and my strategy is to hold them depending on it's price so basically I really prefer long term instead of short term.
Activity: 523
Merit: 500
August 24, 2018, 06:17:16 AM
It is quite difficult to predict the movement of the crypto currency and catch the difference between "short" and "long". But I think that one rule works. We need to prepare to wait and in parallel to engage in fundamental analysis, carefully study the behavior of well-established crypto currencies and pay attention to the indicators of past periods.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
August 24, 2018, 06:10:19 AM
I felt tired making some short term trades in a market like this. I did some few good trades already but it is more stressful to do short trades in a bearish market unless you are more on margin trades.
Activity: 392
Merit: 114
August 23, 2018, 05:36:33 PM
When market conditions like this , i think short term is more potential to get more profit
but you must know technical analysis  , read the carts , and know the best time to sell and buy.
for long term i think bitcoin and ethereum is good enough to hold
for short term, ripple , stellar, tron / coin with low price but have a big demand on binance, yobit, its worth too.
Activity: 574
Merit: 260
August 23, 2018, 04:41:34 PM
At the moment, you can start buying coins for long-term storage. I think that many alternative coins have already reached the lowest points and now it will start moving up.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
August 23, 2018, 04:27:28 PM
Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

awesome,  you got it right,  most of the altcoins now are not worthy of holding for so long,  or else it's gonna be rekt for the holders,  I know of someone who bought ripple at  $1.5 still holding up till now that's not a good idea
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
August 23, 2018, 10:28:34 AM
Judging by the current market trend, it is extremely difficult to expect short-term profit. Because the market keeps falling and falling. And in a falling market is very difficult to trade. Therefore, only long-term trading.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 03:24:00 AM
Now the market is not stable.The price of bitcoin and altcoins is declining.So I think it's good to invest in a long term.Bitcoin, ethereum, nano and waves can be used for long term investments.In the future, the price of Bitcoin will increase.
Activity: 616
Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc
August 23, 2018, 01:14:35 AM
If I'm going to try it with both strategies. I also tried to trade with this due to my daily per day can benefit. And I just keep the coin has great potential in the market for long-term investment.
Activity: 168
August 23, 2018, 12:49:56 AM
Bitcoin's price is now down.So it is good to invest in a short term.In the short term you get good profit.Long term investment in ripple  waves  nano  and cardano.10-20 times profit will increase when the price increases.
Activity: 196
August 23, 2018, 12:27:45 AM
i think long terms trading didn't gonna effective these days, in the current market situation daily trading is much better option. while long terms is need some bullrun to got profits
Activity: 266
August 23, 2018, 12:20:40 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I actually never made a long-term investment, I always make short-term investments in daily trading, because I think it will be more profitable than long-term investments.
Activity: 826
August 23, 2018, 12:16:16 AM
When market conditions are dropping like now, the most important thing is to be patient, by being patient and waiting for a long time then we will get a big profit and no need to doubt the future of Altcoins because it will recover soon.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
August 22, 2018, 11:30:13 PM
For long term I will go with altcoins like electroneum ,litecoin cash etc
Short term I'd go for btc ,ethereum.but always be prepare to sell when market surge in price and buy back when its down low.
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
August 22, 2018, 10:17:02 PM
Short-term investment is chosen because it has the potential to reward maximum yields a maximum of one year while long-term investments are chosen to utilize compounding, minimize risk, and to realize various financial goals in the long term usually more than a year or even decades. If you ask to select some large investors, it is very difficult to choose, but if you plan to invest regularly in the short term in meeting the latest financial goals, at least one long-term investment is needed to keep the valuation of money consistent over time.
Activity: 70
August 22, 2018, 06:37:58 PM
depend on what coin i hold. i hold good coin then choose long term
i hold PnD coin then i choose short term to take small profit
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
August 22, 2018, 05:26:20 PM
Altcoin I sell quickly, and all the other coins I hold for a long time.
This gives me a constant profit even in a falling market, I'm sure that everyone is doing so now
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
August 22, 2018, 05:00:20 PM
There are projects that have a good future in the long term prospect and they will be able to make a revolution in the sphere of blockchains. There are many such coins. For me it's dash, lisk, stellar, aelf, cnd, omg and others. In total, I have allocated about 20 such altcoins, which I'm going to keep for at least a year (if there is not any bad news). 
There are short-term projects that have positive events in the near future and can make profit on these news. Among such news can be the release of the product, entering exchanges, signing an agreement with a new partner, fork (look at the ETC charts before the fork). 

So, I recommend using both strategies.
Activity: 207
August 18, 2018, 11:42:45 AM
Long-term is losing favor, compared with short-term (trade) this year. Each type has its own characteristics. At a time when the market is uncertain about the trend. Short term will give preference to my choice. However, I will not forget, how bitcoin has brought success to the people who trust and care about it. (Long-term)
Pages:
Jump to: