Pages:
Author

Topic: Major benefit of Ethereum? - page 18. (Read 2664 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
May 14, 2018, 06:37:08 AM
Ethereum is getting popular day by day. People participating in ICOs they use ETH a lot. Ethereum is a smart contract.

But what does Ethereum do better that any other alt?

Ethereum was probably the first coin to really separate itself from bitcoin, and that made all the difference for them. They had a completely different objective, and didn't really wanted to become a currency. Instead they became an ICO platform, that is good for investments in emerging "blockhain companies", and they also want to run daps.

Just like bitcoin, they also have a decent team behind them, where it's Vitalik Buterin is of course the main figure. They have their problems, just like any other crypto, including bitcoin, but they are doing well and continue quite promising.

Of course that now that bitcoin will be able to run smart contracts as well, I don't know how good they will continue. I also don't know if bitcoin having smart contracts is a good thing or not, since I would prefer that it continued it's path as a currency, but let's wait and see.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
May 14, 2018, 05:50:37 AM
Ethereum is getting popular day by day. People participating in ICOs they use ETH a lot. Ethereum is a smart contract.

The major benefit of ETH over any other alt, I would say is that adoption is higher than most other alts. Even though it's not really used other than ICO purposes at all, almost all ICOs do still use the ETH platform to host their tokens, which is huge.

That doesn't mean that ETH is the best bet over the long run at all, I think that there are plenty of better options out there.

However, ETH is simply serving way too many ICOs right now to be out of the top 3 altcoins, in my opinion. As long as ICOs are still a thing, ETH will be used on a wide scale and value won't tank.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
May 14, 2018, 03:10:12 AM
From what I am seeing the major benefit of ethereum is its value and transactions, though there are a lot of ERC20 tokens out there, it is still much better if you invest in ethereum itself, since it is a trading pair as well, you can buy coins from exchanges using ethereum, still there will be fees, but if your goal is for capital growth, you can bet on ethereum. As of now, we are seeing that bitcoin's price is becoming more unstable due to the release of coins of Mt. Gox, and ethereum's value is still stable, there is a high chance that a huge percentage of people would also be investing ethereum since, bitcoin had also came a long way before getting its value today, and ethereum seems to be going there as well.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 02:35:13 AM
 Ethereum is the major platform for smart contracts. Solidity (the programming language of Ethereum) is complete Turing language. There are some other platform with smart contracts, but not all of them are complete Turing language. The growing popularity of Ethereum is of course because of ICOs, which choose to issue ERC20 tokens. But here there is also a risk. If another platform will attract significant number of ICOs the value of ETH can go down. The major problems of Ethereum now are a low speed and relatively high price to use it.
Activity: 147
May 14, 2018, 02:19:51 AM
According to this, Ethereum is the first cryptocurrency with a smart contract so ETH is now becoming more popular.
And ETH is a safe place for investigators and traders. But all coins also have some risks. So you should be more careful.

Activity: 168
May 14, 2018, 12:41:35 AM

yes I agree with you because from day to day Ethereum continues to increase and hold so many people investing in bitcoin for the long term and invest in the short term for quick profits, but with the increase in price Ethereum little impact to the current Altcoin up and down
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 14, 2018, 12:36:19 AM

Ethereum has the main benefit of being a coin that produces more benefits. this is in the eyes of many people from every coin in the market. so Ethereum who has this benefit is very fortunate for his future with many enthusiasts who want it.
Activity: 151
May 14, 2018, 12:26:36 AM
Etherum has exceeded its expectations and it seems to have a brighter future. This is the second most popular coin after Bitcoin. It's cheap and fast, and it adds unique smart contract features.
Activity: 308
May 14, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
I think there is no significant benefit of ETH. But it is getting popular because of its nature and acceptancy. People can get a good value here rather than other altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 14, 2018, 12:09:06 AM
It is decentralized, relatively more than it's competitor.
Has a large and dedicated community and is constantly evolving to solve problems.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
May 14, 2018, 12:07:45 AM
Eth weapon lies in the smart contract, within the ico booming a lot of people using it for smart contract so eth become very famous within the ico developers, eth offer a very simple interface but with a powerful feature, and eth also already around for quite long and as long as ICO still coming out, eth will be triumph
Activity: 114
Merit: 2
May 13, 2018, 11:49:45 PM
can be seen now a stable etherum prices and very many benefits for those who want to invest long-term in terms of price is also not inferior to the appeal with other coins could be someday etherum prices can compete with BTC prices are still very high prices
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
May 13, 2018, 11:43:45 PM
A startup project that will produce tokens, certainly has the hope that their tokens will get optimal support from the community. And one of the details is probably the selection of platforms to adopt in their project. I think for that reason many ico are using ethereum as a platform, with the aim of optimizing support, as all markets recognize and accept ethereum.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
May 13, 2018, 11:42:29 PM

Nothing else aside from the stereotypic support from the Russians. ETH is really helping the blockchain technology and it simplifies the tasks for the developer's sake. ETH is also a good alternative for fund transferring and I also believe that it could be treated as an electronic cash.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
May 13, 2018, 11:36:29 PM
I think people are choosing ethereum because it may be easier to apply, and more popular. Some altcoin like neo, not inferior to ethereum, but of course it is easier for an ico to use ethereum than any other platform.
copper member
Activity: 251
Merit: 11
May 13, 2018, 11:01:16 PM
The major benefit of Ethereum is the smart contract. Ethereum made a revolution in the crypto industry by their smart contract system. So, after bitcoin etherem is the most popular and stable platform. And, your all point is right, and it proves etherem is the best after bitcoin.
Activity: 35
Merit: 3
May 13, 2018, 10:46:24 PM
A ton of the top projects are built upon the ERC-20 platform. The Ethereum team, along with Vitalik, are top notch. They're constantly improving (read: sharding).
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 10:33:26 PM
In fact, I don't know what the merits of ETH. There are a lot of tokens that are more excellent than ETH.
So I think the rise of ETH price is only related to ICO,
Activity: 210
May 13, 2018, 10:33:16 PM
We all have different vissions in ethereum but for me, this is my best buddy in crypto, because the coin price is just less but a huge profit that I can get in return.And this token has already proven that it will not be vanished in crypto world for a long time.
Activity: 132
May 13, 2018, 10:20:59 PM
Simply put, blockchain (data structure) + smart contract (algorithm) = Ethereum. The advantage of Ethereum over other blockchains is that it can very easily implement almost any type of smart contract,
Pages:
Jump to: