Pages:
Author

Topic: Marketplace trust - page 17. (Read 82977 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
November 11, 2013, 11:14:15 AM
I was wondering about that too, monbux.  I would like to rewrite my article if anything has changed.

http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/06/bitcointalk-org-big-changes-in-community-reputation/
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
November 10, 2013, 09:51:28 PM
Has DefaultTrust been changed? I am using DefaultTrust with a depth of 3.

A few days ago, not many people would show up as Trusted Feedback. Now, many more people are under Trusted Feedback when I view someone's trust.

I'm wondering this too, I see a dramatic change in + and - trust in the past hour, what happened?
They they change the default trust system?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2013, 11:41:47 AM
Actually I strongly considered adding you to mine a couple times, since you are a pretty active trader and have been around for a long time, but some of your feedback seems based on personal problems. For example one of your feedback comment says just "sucks dick", and another is "bully troll".

I am a very trust worthy person. If I left negative feedback it was for a good reason. Gweedo got neg rated because he is a liar. Merchant miner was for a good reason but after looking over it again I think you are right. I removed the neg rating.   
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
November 10, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
Actually I strongly considered adding you to mine a couple times, since you are a pretty active trader and have been around for a long time, but some of your feedback seems based on personal problems. For example one of your feedback comment says just "sucks dick", and another is "bully troll".
legendary
November 10, 2013, 12:34:01 AM
You have unusual trust settings, or that was only temporary. sublime5447 is not in the default trust network.

Why is that, I might ask?  Grin No vip status?  Roll Eyes. I dont blame you for the TF incident but seriously default trust is BS.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
November 09, 2013, 04:08:39 AM
Has DefaultTrust been changed? I am using DefaultTrust with a depth of 3.

A few days ago, not many people would show up as Trusted Feedback. Now, many more people are under Trusted Feedback when I view someone's trust.
legendary
Activity: 1498
September 27, 2013, 06:39:57 PM
Seems to me that the trust system is too subject to abuse by powerful members of the forum.  I'm not sure what to do or how to resolve the attack on my reputation by a a powerful user here who even has my pms blocked.

No one of any real power pays any attention to TF... so yeah, I wouldn't worry about it.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
November 09, 2013, 02:19:14 AM
You have unusual trust settings, or that was only temporary. sublime5447 is not in the default trust network.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
November 08, 2013, 04:58:14 PM
I definitely suffered from his escapades.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:42:10 PM
Man you guys are f@#$%d... I didnt realize what was meant by default trust.... f!@# you I dont trust any off you insiders. Especially TradeFortress there are numerous scammer threads about him... He is a lender! I dont trust lenders of coin!  I trust who I trust not who you think I should trust. Shit is bullshit. 

Uhhhh.... told ya so.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
October 22, 2013, 10:58:37 AM
I think it would help new people if someone would sticky this thread.
legendary
September 28, 2013, 12:58:07 PM
- snip -
Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
- snip -

Nah, it won't keep people from trading with you.  They'll just require you to send first, or they'll require that the transaction use a trusted third party to hold the bitcoins in escrow.

Ok, that's encouraging too, I suppose that I don't mind using an escrow if I ever were to want to trade.  In any case, I'm hoping that the community will convince tf to drop his false allegations after discussion in the other thread.  We'll see.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
September 28, 2013, 12:11:28 PM
- snip -
Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
- snip -

Nah, it won't keep people from trading with you.  They'll just require you to send first, or they'll require that the transaction use a trusted third party to hold the bitcoins in escrow.
legendary
September 28, 2013, 12:06:38 PM
his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.

That's fraudulent. Make a thread about it.

I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
Garr255 came back fine from a negative rating. Also try bitcoin-otc.

We are discussing now in another thread, in a sense that's encouraging.

Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement about trading.  In fact, I'm not trying to trade at the moment, but I am trying to clear my reputation of false allegations should I ever wish to do so.
legendary
September 27, 2013, 06:42:51 PM
Tradefortress has recently come after me on this trust system.  He's apparently irked about something on coinchat.  He doesn't respond to pms but his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.  As I've never received any btc from him on this forum personally, and he has me blocked for pming him, I have no idea what to do about this accusation. 

Another point is that I've never bought or sold any bitcoins, ever.  Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.

Seems to me that the trust system is too subject to abuse by powerful members of the forum.  I'm not sure what to do or how to resolve the attack on my reputation by a a powerful user here who even has my pms blocked.

Seems like a mistake. TF is a a bit of a bully though. No worries just make a thread about it and the truth will come out. Ask for him to provide evidence.
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 27, 2013, 06:27:52 PM
his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.

That's fraudulent. Make a thread about it.

I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
Garr255 came back fine from a negative rating. Also try bitcoin-otc.
legendary
September 27, 2013, 06:24:05 PM
Tradefortress has recently come after me on this trust system.  He's apparently irked about something on coinchat.  He doesn't respond to pms but his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.  As I've never received any btc from him on this forum personally, and he has me blocked for pming him, I have no idea what to do about this accusation. 

Another point is that I've never bought or sold any bitcoins, ever.  Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
September 16, 2013, 01:21:30 PM
Best thing to do is empty your trust list, set trust depth to 0 and then add people one by one.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
September 04, 2013, 04:24:06 AM
It would be great if the trust rating of the person posting was displayed next to their thread post. So i dont have to click on the thread to see that it was posted by a scammer. That would be donation worthy to me  Smiley

It is visible where it's needed the most —  in the Marketplace board and its child boards and in the Trading discussion board and its child boards.

Someones character should always be important.

I want to see it in the "started by" and "most recent post" columns. That way I know if a scammer started the thread or if a scammer replied to it.. 

Really every time someones name appears so should their trust rating.   

The whole Trust thing is just STUPID.
legendary
September 03, 2013, 08:54:53 PM
It would be great if the trust rating of the person posting was displayed next to their thread post. So i dont have to click on the thread to see that it was posted by a scammer. That would be donation worthy to me  Smiley

It is visible where it's needed the most —  in the Marketplace board and its child boards and in the Trading discussion board and its child boards.

Someones character should always be important.

I want to see it in the "started by" and "most recent post" columns. That way I know if a scammer started the thread or if a scammer replied to it.. 

Really every time someones name appears so should their trust rating.   
Pages:
Jump to: