Pages:
Author

Topic: Marketplace trust - page 16. (Read 82977 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
February 19, 2014, 04:23:12 PM
Note the 21 million BTC risked ratings sent and received by CrazyRabbi. Anyone leaving those should be banned or their trust ratings deleted at least, as long as that many BTC don't yet exist.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 01:10:06 PM
I think it would help new people if someone would sticky this thread.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 21, 2014, 03:48:44 PM
Yeah I suppose it would have good points and bad points, perhaps only being allowed to leave trust if you have actually done business with someone may be a good solution.

How would you define that? This is a forum and not a fully focused marketplace, it would be very hard to determine if person A has dealt with person B. Also, a lot of people deal other places such a bitmit (when it was open) and have left good/bad feedback here.

OK, I'll stand corrected - lets leave it as it is  Smiley
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
January 21, 2014, 03:45:07 PM
Yeah I suppose it would have good points and bad points, perhaps only being allowed to leave trust if you have actually done business with someone may be a good solution.

How would you define that? This is a forum and not a fully focused marketplace, it would be very hard to determine if person A has dealt with person B. Also, a lot of people deal other places such a bitmit (when it was open) and have left good/bad feedback here.
January 21, 2014, 03:41:36 PM
The trust system needs some serious looking at, an eBay style feedback policy would be ideal where untrue feedbacks can be removed. You should get a +1 for every good feedback score you get.

The trust system is not moderated which is a better way than having staff getting overwhelmed with the amount of requests they would have for removing false feedback. Also, the reason why staff don't get involved is because how are they suppose to know that the feedback was false? It would cause a lot of problems.

Going on to the second idea involving the "+1 for every good feedback score you get" comment. This could be very easily abused with sock puppets. There's a reason why we have untrusted feedback and trusted feedback.

staff
January 21, 2014, 03:37:37 PM
The trust system needs some serious looking at, an eBay style feedback policy would be ideal where untrue feedbacks can be removed. You should get a +1 for every good feedback score you get.

The trust system is not moderated which is a better way than having staff getting overwhelmed with the amount of requests they would have for removing false feedback. Also, the reason why staff don't get involved is because how are they suppose to know that the feedback was false? It would cause a lot of problems.

Going on to the second idea involving the "+1 for every good feedback score you get" comment. This could be very easily abused with sock puppets. There's a reason why we have untrusted feedback and trusted feedback.
January 21, 2014, 03:34:06 PM
staff
January 21, 2014, 01:43:34 PM
That really should be checked by default.

I agree. I have it checked by default, and I think the site should have it checked by default because I see this all the time that no one checks untrusted feedback because it's hidden.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
January 20, 2014, 10:07:59 PM
Yeah, the default trust system has blemished me too because I got on the wrong side of TradeFortress before he got on the wrong side of nearly everyone.  Because his opinion was by default golden, I was shamed.  However because I'm not a trader it hasn't really cost me anything.

Anyway, I'm just attesting to the complexities and difficulties of the trust system.
Activity: 182
January 06, 2014, 04:40:58 PM
Thank you very much!
staff
January 06, 2014, 04:32:22 PM
Is it possible to expand this
Code:
Untrusted feedback

These ratings are from people who are not in your trust network. They may be totally inaccurate.

Not manually but automatically every time when you open smb's Trust?

Sometimes I forget to click on "Show ratings". Any checkbox in account settings for this?

Yes you can. Take a look at the settings in your profile under forum profile information there is check box which you can check.
Activity: 182
January 06, 2014, 04:21:25 PM
Is it possible to expand this
Code:
Untrusted feedback

These ratings are from people who are not in your trust network. They may be totally inaccurate.

Not manually but automatically every time when you open smb's Trust?

Sometimes I forget to click on "Show ratings". Any checkbox in account settings for this?
Activity: 411
Merit: 101
November 29, 2013, 09:39:43 AM
Odi, thanks for answer, mate. So, basically, if you want a green +1 rating you need to either make a deal with someone from the Default Trust list or wait until someone who you've dealth with in the past gets included in that Default Trust list, in case this list gets expanded at some point.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2013, 04:50:23 AM
Has DefaultTrust been changed? I am using DefaultTrust with a depth of 3.

A few days ago, not many people would show up as Trusted Feedback. Now, many more people are under Trusted Feedback when I view someone's trust.

Samething happened to me and other people I know on the forum. Change it to 2 and you should be back to the regular trust.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
November 28, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
I think it's funny TF made the second post.  Makes you question the 'trust system' when someone can exploit it, acting as a Trojan horse.
Odi
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
November 28, 2013, 06:57:08 PM
Hey,
I don't really understand how does this trust system work. What i really care is the fact that, no matter how many transactions i do, seems i'll ever get a +1. They are relativelly small transactions ( min $30, max $100, in BTC ), but i already have 8 oh them, i'm here for more than half year and still no +1 at least. It goes without saying i don't have any negative feedback, everything is 100% positive. Will i ever get at least +1 if i keep doing transactions with regular members ? I usually sell stuff, so it's not like I can chose who to deal with or if the member i'm dealing with is in the default trust list.
Thanks in advance for answers Smiley

I think I figured it out.

You only get +1 if the person who left you feedback is in your trust circle.  So for example, I gave you positive feedback, and now I see you as +1 (because I trust myself).  But you still view yourself as +0 because all the feedback are from untrusted sources.

So you can see in "Trust settings" that you need to get positive feedback from someone in this 2 depth network of trust in order for most people to see your "+1"
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
November 28, 2013, 09:32:12 AM
The system itself is nice,but some of the people in the list might be re-considered and some "report" ability should be included in it to report non-related feedbacks,and if this can't be done then the automatic first default list should be disabled and everyone adding only people they personally trust.

You can change your trust list if you don't like the default one.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2013, 02:14:38 AM
Revsolved
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 28, 2013, 09:28:58 AM
The system itself is nice,but some of the people in the list might be re-considered and some "report" ability should be included in it to report non-related feedbacks,and if this can't be done then the automatic first default list should be disabled and everyone adding only people they personally trust.
Activity: 411
Merit: 101
November 27, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Hey,
I don't really understand how does this trust system work. What i really care is the fact that, no matter how many transactions i do, seems i'll ever get a +1. They are relativelly small transactions ( min $30, max $100, in BTC ), but i already have 8 oh them, i'm here for more than half year and still no +1 at least. It goes without saying i don't have any negative feedback, everything is 100% positive. Will i ever get at least +1 if i keep doing transactions with regular members ? I usually sell stuff, so it's not like I can chose who to deal with or if the member i'm dealing with is in the default trust list.
Thanks in advance for answers Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: