Pages:
Author

Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine... Revolution. - page 93. (Read 227070 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
March 17, 2014, 06:44:58 AM
They are exploiting people`s ignorance and trying to hide the fact that principles of legitimacy and legality are not the same.

Power could be legal and legitimate (just an ideal case);
Power could be illegal but legitimate (people`s transitional government is the best example, it's empowered against constitution);
Power could be legal but illegitimate (dictatorship is the best example, it's legal according to law but has no support);
Power could be illegal and illegitimate (nazi coup is the best example, it's both illegal and unsupported).

The same is correct for the bills or voting procedures. Kosovo and Crimea referendums are illegal (denied by constitution) but legitimate (supported by people).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legitimacy_(political)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
March 17, 2014, 06:30:16 AM
But they don't give a fuck about EU or US... And that's annoying for Obama Cheesy

yea obviously, good for them, but as i live in one of those countries i'm just sick of all that propaganda and all the people around me buying that crap.
legendary
March 17, 2014, 06:28:28 AM
But they don't give a fuck about EU or US opinion... And that's annoying for Obama Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
March 17, 2014, 06:26:20 AM
Seems like the people have spoken. 90+ percent is really something

yet its still depicted as illegitimate by EU/US countries.. XDDD
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
March 17, 2014, 06:14:14 AM
Seems like the people have spoken. 90+ percent is really something
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
March 17, 2014, 04:25:12 AM
Crimea celebrates join Russia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQKyedLAsg
You can lie about the occupation. We do not mind. The truth is on our side  Cool

It would be more accurate to say that Crimea celebrates finally re-joining Russia after 60 years of illegal and illegitimate separation.

People who were born in Russia (and yes, I mean Russia, and not Soviet Union - Soviet leaders did much to eradicate the notion of Russia from the consciousness of people both inside the country and abroad) celebrate returning from the exile that was imposed on them.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
March 17, 2014, 03:27:56 AM
Crimea celebrates join Russia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQKyedLAsg
You can lie about the occupation. We do not mind. The truth is on our side  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
March 17, 2014, 12:18:01 AM
[EDITORIAL] Crimean referendum: Mr Putin and the threat of a new cold war

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/16/crimea-referendum-putin-threat-cold-war

"Through a series of interventions in civil liberties, Mr Putin is turning a soft autocracy into a highly repressive state."
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
March 16, 2014, 11:26:32 PM
A total of 82.71% of the registered voters participated in the polls.

Highest polling in Russian dominated raions such as Kerch (94.59%). Very high polling in mixed Russian-Ukrainian areas such as Chornomorske (93.7%).

Moderate polling in Muslim dominated areas such as Kirovske (57.64%) and Bakhchysarai (59.23%).
legendary
March 16, 2014, 05:45:41 PM
Of course he has, but he will wait for a support by the local authorities. Because it has no sense without having a centralized and strong opposition in the eastern territories... If you wish to create a stable republic, not some sort of another Iraq.

By authorities I mean structures like Crimean parliament and government. Currently there are a lot of people against the coup but they have no leadership. It seems that some sort of strong opposition forces will be formed in the future, but it's a matter of months.
Another pro-russian meeting happened in the Donetsk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wF_SNvgCmhs

100,000+ participants... Support it's good thing, but... C'mon guys, you need something more organized if you wish to take down the fake government.  Roll Eyes

P.S. My userpic would be fine as revolutionary symbol (the horizont, Sun and Venus). It could represent sunset or sunrise, depends on the point of view. Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 16, 2014, 05:30:50 PM

Who are those gangsters today in Ukraine?

http://kiev-necropol.narod.ru/RybalkoVI.html
Activity: 140
March 16, 2014, 05:08:01 PM
Not only are there a lot of people that don't give a damn, I also seriously underestimate the amount of people that are intellectually capable of making a well formed vote that would benefit the entire society and not only their private matters.
legendary
March 16, 2014, 05:05:53 PM
I'm sure there is another way , there is always another way.
I am interested to see this way to undo the evolution principle "the strong prey on the weak"

I don't think there is another way. Unions (Soviet, European, whatever) will form and dissolve as as natural resources and values shift.
The best way of government is by direct democracy (referendums). The problem with the majority of people is that they don't give a damn, until a proverbial shit hits the fan, by which time it's usually too late.
legendary
Activity: 938
chaos is fun...…damental :)
March 16, 2014, 05:00:08 PM
I am interested to see this way to undo the evolution principle "the strong prey on the weak"
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
March 16, 2014, 04:54:52 PM
Of course, the victor writes the history books. It seems that the Russian propaganda is so thorough that even the place names are altered to erase history. In Polish, Belarus means White "Rus", which refers to Ruthenia, not Russia... It seems that that word has Nordic roots, how interesting!

Well, you would not see me disputing it, especially since:

The word "Ruthenia" originated as a Latin rendering of the region and people known originally as "Rus'" – the same root word as Russia

The history of Slavic and Nordic people is tightly intertwined, and you would be hard-pressed telling were Slavic regions ended in the West and where Nordic regions ended in the East. Norwegian has for example many words with common roots as Russian, if you know where to look. The German town of Leipzig has the same root meaning as Липeтcк (Lipetsk - "Linden town"). The "rus" root in "Preußen" is all that remained of the Western-slavic folk of Prussians.

People who decry propaganda usually fall victims of anti-propaganda and end up losing their history. Look beyond propaganda on both sides and simply collect available historic data, cross-referenceing it.

Activity: 140
March 16, 2014, 04:48:36 PM
united european nation
no thankyou, millions did die to be independent they did fight a huge amount of wars, should some bureaucrats(parasites and other corrupt public figures) archive something that even Napoleon dint manage to archive ? nope, EU is a abomination, a Frankenstein and should be removed.

recently in history each time europe made its way to some super state level it was Russians density to stop it and destroy it I wonder if this time again Russians need to deal whit European super nation bullshit dreams

When I talk about an united European nation i'm talking about how we , normal people interact with the others not about a central government.
Let's forget those stupid differences we had , let's respect the other traditions and language , be united as a whole.

But this will have to wait , although I desire this , I'm not sure myself I can live that peacefully Wink

the only way to do get there is to have nukes on every country and basically have a mexican stand off  where nobody has the upper hand against others then we all can trade under gold standard and be happy

This will never work because each country would need a different amount of nukes, and it would be impossible to regulate this. Imagine a country like Luxemburg needing to have nukes to be able to destroy China..Not going to happen.
Also, you wouldn't be able to prevent the forming of alliances.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
March 16, 2014, 04:44:48 PM
united european nation
no thankyou, millions did die to be independent they did fight a huge amount of wars, should some bureaucrats(parasites and other corrupt public figures) archive something that even Napoleon dint manage to archive ? nope, EU is a abomination, a Frankenstein and should be removed.

recently in history each time europe made its way to some super state level it was Russians density to stop it and destroy it I wonder if this time again Russians need to deal whit European super nation bullshit dreams

When I talk about an united European nation i'm talking about how we , normal people interact with the others not about a central government.
Let's forget those stupid differences we had , let's respect the other traditions and language , be united as a whole.

But this will have to wait , although I desire this , I'm not sure myself I can live that peacefully Wink

the only way to do get there is to have nukes on every country and basically have a mexican stand off  where nobody has the upper hand against others then we all can trade under gold standard and be happy

legendary
Activity: 938
chaos is fun...…damental :)
March 16, 2014, 04:40:19 PM
united european nation

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
March 16, 2014, 04:35:33 PM
united european nation

Pages:
Jump to: