Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 10. (Read 36191 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
Who will do it, I think the moderator is very observant in examining this case.
very fatal if this is done, because merit fraud will cause anyone to be banned and prohibited from joining forums.
This is really good when I see our moderators and watching the system being more safe for users, this forum is for everyone who want to earn money but we will have use fair way in this regard and not to use any illegal way to get higher merit for huge earning, I prefer using only my own knowledge to make good quality post so I have never been in bad book of moderator.

Not all do have the same mindset of yours when it comes to money making.Some of them would do sort of things neither legal or illegal ones as long
they can took advantage of it,it doesnt really matter at all.Earning merit is hard for those people who cant contribute well into this forum thats why
they do end up on having that option neither farming merit or just simply buying ones.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
very fatal if this is done, because merit fraud will cause anyone to be banned and prohibited from joining forums.
This is really good when I see our moderators and watching the system being more safe for users, this forum is for everyone who want to earn money but we will have use fair way in this regard and not to use any illegal way to get higher merit for huge earning, I prefer using only my own knowledge to make good quality post so I have never been in bad book of moderator.

Activity: 526
Merit: 100
markaccy.io
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
The merits is a good thing but I don't know the strategies put in place to control abuse. Has you have rightly said, people are trading merits for money and it does not augur well to those who are given much time in contributing to any possible questions that has been raised by novice and expert.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
For what so ever reason merit is not supposed to be sold or bought online. The original function of merit is to be given as a reward or appreciation for a good and intriguing and quality post. 
It is not only impossible but it is crime as well because when you don’t work but you expect reward by an unfair mean this is just no sense so we should avoid selling our merit. System should take action or they should block those people who try to take the advantage of other peoples effort, so everyone should work fairly and earn good money
Surely everyone works here and they get reward for it, some people are lazy and they don’t use their own mind, if we will work we will get good merit with quality of post, if we will get slowly it will be useful, but those who want to get higher rank in hurry will suffer lose at the end, so better work by yourself otherwise it is not acceptable in market.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
This is too difficult for me. As a new member, I can't post high quality posts, even I can't post pictures, I don't know how to upgrade.
Activity: 101
Any idea when will the 20% flash sale bonus start during MPCX's IEO?? They're already live for a couple of hours...
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
we also need to know it with sMerit created to determine the quality of someone's posts. I also really like the idea created because it gives users the option to thank other users for their posts.
Capabilities that were not previously available.
If someone buys and sells services, that means he is abusing the system 😊
For sure, if the use is buying and selling by himself in the system then what the system is doing, those who are trying to take advantage of other peoples hard work should be banned from the system, we are here to work and get paid, make valuable post get higher rank and your merit will increase but never think about to go on wrong path for money.
For some people we do have this kind of mindset but there are ones who do just solely thing on fastening things up and this is
why they do end up into this kind of solution which making such abuse just for the benefit on making money without even
realizing that they can be easily spot out.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
we also need to know it with sMerit created to determine the quality of someone's posts. I also really like the idea created because it gives users the option to thank other users for their posts.
For sure, if the use is buying and selling by himself in the system then what the system is doing, those who are trying to take advantage of other peoples hard work should be banned from the system, we are here to work and get paid, make valuable post get higher rank and your merit will increase but never think about to go on wrong path for money.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Actually if merit trading really exist means that thing like merit system is really hard for newcomers to do.
Well it is hard if you don't try your best. That's why it is advise for newbies to really learn first to get their merit before doing what they love doing here, joining bounties and earn some free token. However, if they want to participate in bitcoin signature campaign, then they really need to work hard for that because campaigns right now requires some merits to be accepted.
Actually if merit trading really exist means that thing like merit system is really hard for newcomers to do.
New comers should have gather information about this, we are here to share our knowledge and find better earning but for this we will have to make quality post and spend at least 4 hours a day so you will be able to increase your rank and will be able to get high merit so it is good to earn your own money and don’t think about buying merit as it is an unfair way.
Activity: 68
copper member
Activity: 157
Best solution for smart cities
Merit is some how hard to come by. Some people really hold on to smerit even when they don't need it. I will advise all the people that have smerit to always release it to any post that is worthy to receive it especially the newbie and Jr account
Activity: 466
Merit: 100
Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

I agree that merit is a good thing, due to reduction of low quality posts. And trading isn't an issue, because everything is checked and controlled by forum moderators (hopefully) and they'll cut off such actions. But there are some other problems: people give merits quite seldom, if we compare to "likes" on fb, and it would be great if people truly gave merits for what they like. But the thing is - lost of people barely even read others posts, or even if they do they don't feel like meriting someone due to rivalry. But I like the conception and I hope that it will go off well.
Merit system is good but it never suspend quality posts. Still, many posts here are useless and one liner. I do mot condemn merit system because it really helps a lot. Eventhough it is hard to create innovative posts, a lot of people try to make it. In fact, I also try myself to make quality posts so that, I earn merits someday.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
The way so many users on bitcointalk cherish this meriting system is so apauling , they can't even give you just 1Merit , they take it as something that's so special, you can pay for a Cooper membership which will help you to create a unique and attractive post, so I still wonder then what's the big deal in giving some one just 1 Merit.

And the most interesting thing Is that people with ranks & merits how many of them create unique & quality post ?

The Merit and Ranking system should be Reconsidered and Revaluated.

I do see a lot of good posters go unmerited.  Certain forum sections aren't merited all that much compared to the meta section.  Many people had the easy route before merit was implemented in and made their way to hero and legendary by spamming short responses. 
Why so and where do you saw it, I think when we work by ourselves we get the reward it is not good to depend on other, well as much as know buying or selling merit is not legal in this forum so the organizers should keep an eagle eyes on those merit purchasers and ban them as they come to spoil the market values of campaigns.
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
When merits are traded, it destroys the reason why it was introduced. If people buy merits with money, then people will not make constructive posts to help other people on the forum. It will be biased to those who cannot pay to afford it.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
The way so many users on bitcointalk cherish this meriting system is so apauling , they can't even give you just 1Merit , they take it as something that's so special, you can pay for a Cooper membership which will help you to create a unique and attractive post, so I still wonder then what's the big deal in giving some one just 1 Merit.

And the most interesting thing Is that people with ranks & merits how many of them create unique & quality post ?

I do see a lot of good posters go unmerited.  Certain forum sections aren't merited all that much compared to the meta section.  Many people had the easy route before merit was implemented in and made their way to hero and legendary by spamming short responses. 
copper member
Activity: 47

For what so ever reason merit is not supposed to be sold or bought online. The original function of merit is to be given as a reward or appreciation for a good and intriguing and quality post. 
It is not only impossible but it is crime as well because when you don’t work but you expect reward by an unfair mean this is just no sense so we should avoid selling our merit. System should take action or they should block those people who try to take the advantage of other peoples effort, so everyone should work fairly and earn good money
Pages:
Jump to: