Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 6. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
You can merit any post which you can like, even if it is a single word reply but if you are doing this for getting something in return which makes you as untrustworthy person but you won't get banned only will get negative trust ratings from DT members.
DT member has their own judgment...
if your post or the post of the person you want to give merit is high quality then doing a merit reply is not a bad thing. the bad thing is when you give more than 1 merit to posts that use short words like hi and how are you!
We had seen 50 merits for a single word reply or one liner reply in the past if it is from a reputed forum member but if the same thing happens with two random members then it may be look shady so its completely subjective.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
You can merit any post which you can like, even if it is a single word reply but if you are doing this for getting something in return which makes you as untrustworthy person but you won't get banned only will get negative trust ratings from DT members.
DT member has their own judgment...
if your post or the post of the person you want to give merit is high quality then doing a merit reply is not a bad thing. the bad thing is when you give more than 1 merit to posts that use short words like hi and how are you!
I feel like that the forum did merits to get quality post. And the main reason is to limit the amount of people on that rank. Without those merits people can easily become a Hero member in a few months. But because of merits they have to make quality post rather than making average post and getting the same out come. So I feel like trading merits is not ideal maybe even illegal. Because what's the point of selling merits if you will not earn it again?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
I feel like that the forum did merits to get quality post. And the main reason is to limit the amount of people on that rank. Without those merits people can easily become a Hero member in a few months. But because of merits they have to make quality post rather than making average post and getting the same out come. So I feel like trading merits is not ideal maybe even illegal. Because what's the point of selling merits if you will not earn it again?
It all goes on making even more money with those smerits that they do have and the fact that theres a demand to it since there are people who
do really like to fasten up their rank up rather than on focusing on making constructive post.They do love the fast way thats why they throw
up some bucks for it to be achieved and we know that higher rank would have higher pay in terms of sig campaigns which they do think
that they can break even it soon once they do able to join one so they do took the risk on buying.It isnt allowed since its a form of abuse
but stopping it is not really that simple.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
Introduction of "Merit" system is really a good idea and its proper implementation can ensure the  quality of post. But I think, in some cases this system is being abused. I have seen that a post got 184 merit and even only one person gave 50 merit but I cannot think how that post can be such a high quality post. You can visit the link for justification:  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stake-your-bitcoin-address-here-996318
Sometimes some qualitative post (according to me) were laying without merit. So, justification and proper implementation are very much important to success the objective of Merit system.  

There's no such thing automatic like if you just post some good you will be given a merit, its personal choice of the people who they want to spend their merits and if you didn't receive much from it just try to be more constructive since for sure the time will came you receive the merits you want if people will find you merit worthy. 
Introduction of "Merit" system is really a good idea and its proper implementation can ensure the  quality of post. But I think, in some cases this system is being abused. I have seen that a post got 184 merit and even only one person gave 50 merit but I cannot think how that post can be such a high quality post. You can visit the link for justification:  
Sometimes some qualitative post (according to me) were laying without merit. So, justification and proper implementation are very much important to success the objective of Merit system.  

Really? Do you feel that merit system was abused in the link you were provided?

Here is the thread which you have linked : Stake your Bitcoin address here

This thread is really important for everyone who is using bitcointalk for various reasons but mainly if your account got hacked and someone is impersonating you, you can sign in any message you wanted to tell to the community via the address so which will help the community to find who is the real person.
Activity: 224
Merit: 16
Activity: 784
Merit: 34
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
can you discuss to me what is merit all about? thankyou Smiley

In a short review I guess Merits tells that you really belong here on bitcointalk forum and you are ready and willing to contribute to the growth of the forum. And secondly Merits also enables you to take part in BOUNTY CAMPAIGN'S and make money from it from the comfort of your home or work place.
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
To prevent merit trading there is a possibility that you can verify from which source merit comes. That is a smart way how to detect newly ranked members and also it discourages potential scammers to do this because they lose money when they do this.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

[/hai may i know hat is merit?]
Activity: 308
Merit: 171
jalannya dipotong sama orang
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.
Keep contributing!

If merit is traded, I think it's a big mistake. Quality posts will determine whether you deserve merit. If you post poor quality, you must be without merit. If it gets too and repeats the suspicion will occur. Your account and the seller can be permanently blocked. To be sure, please try yourself by making a good post, useful for the forum.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
Hi friends, i just want to do some activity (ANN translation) but the problem is that i need to get at least 1 merit. is anybody can help me with this. i realyy do not want to cheat, as i explained i really need that for my future activities.
thanks

for what exactly you need 1 merit and Jr.member rank?
If you need to open ANN in local language and post some pictures, you always can to buy copper membership. You can find more here: Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images
give up part of the earnings and upgrade your rank. The copper membership has some privileges like "member" rank(posting pictures, signature space ...)

p.s. Don't beg for merit, your account can be tagged. ooooppss, it already is.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Hi friends, i just want to do some activity (ANN translation) but the problem is that i need to get at least 1 merit. is anybody can help me with this. i realyy do not want to cheat, as i explained i really need that for my future activities.
thanks

Don't beg for merits earn it with proper activities since if people will find your post very helpful then they will put a merit on your account without even asking them, just focus on building up like being constructive or be helpful to others so that you will be a merit worthy user.

I just found out about merit, I am learning for the future of this forum,
I rarely post on this forum, Grin

Merit is important for you to rank up so if you want to became higher do a good activities in this forum and once you rank up you will enjoy the benefits of what high ranking gets here.
Activity: 30
I just found out about merit, I am learning for the future of this forum,
I rarely post on this forum, Grin
Activity: 115
Merit: 7
thanks
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1592
hmph..
And I am very much against with those users who are trying to sell, or buy merit in order to rank up cause it is pretty much unfair for those users who made their ranks got through everything to get high.

That's good if you are trying to get your merit with your self. Cheating or buying/selling sMerit will cathed up by member. If not today it will be come in other days. This thread by @Coolcryptovator when member trying to cheating merit https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/disadvantage-of-quick-merit-earn-method-5220078 and detected by him. So the lesson for this case, of course you can be a good member and being ranked up quickly. But keep stay on the rules, @rikafip one of member who can be an example how he/she get 900+ merit within few months after he/she joined this forum with great contribution.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
Great Idea hat moderators implied with this kind of ruling to avoid spammy comments and users would only be allowed post quality contents in order to merited if only readers like it, satisfied or helpful to the community. And I am very much against with those users who are trying to sell, or buy merit in order to rank up cause it is pretty much unfair for those users who made their ranks got through everything to get high.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
Slowly this merit system makes the discussion forum healthier, although slowly this forum decreases active members not because of the merit system but crypto values cannot yet get out of the bear market.
Are you sure about that?

I think it wasn't about crypto prices but it was just merit system for sure. For those who makes this forum as source income either through bounty program or signature which pay in bitcoin they will hard to earn more as they can before the merit system came.

Have you consider, one people who have a bunch of alt account and he chooses one bounty campaign with his all account then how much money they will he get? (Let forget scam project) But since the merit system came they will focus to choose one account because he needs merit to make his account rank up. If he didn't do that and he still use all his account he will tired and will be useless moreover if the account is junior/member or even newbie.
You both make a good point but the reason why the forum decreased by active members was not because of crypto price but the holidays, vacations etc which usually take place in this month while the merit system and plagiarized rules/regulations penalties implemented by the forum moderators were the reason why the forum discussion reduced and healthier.

Roger that  Wink

I think the reason for the decrease has been said above. It is because in my view, the financial gains people get inform of signature campaign and other social and professional jobs (like graphics) have reduced or tied to merit number. The forum sigbature campaigbs has reduced or are very view and tied to merit. This is the issue I think.
Activity: 259
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.

Keep contributing!

I think this can be a bad thing for the forum and if this will happens then there will be no quality get maintained by the post maker all people can buy merit for there post then
Pages:
Jump to: