Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 14. (Read 36206 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I can't add pictures on my topics right now, how much merit i need the take for that please help
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
I think merit system is very good thinking by admin of bitcointalk.org. By merit system anybody can know his posting quality when another person give merit for his quality post.

But if anybody misuse this merit and sell it by money its fully opposite of forum rules and regulation and i think it should be punishment for that.

There's already a punishment as tagging the account of merit abusers. It's not easy to spot it however, if its blatantly obviously at some point, DT members will not be hesitant to give that account a red paint. However, I'm not really sure about the red trust is effective though, because if you go around bounties, there are still campaigns accepting participants even though they have a red trust.

Merit abusers will always be here as most of them are after for what they will earn if they will rank up
. If you are not greedy, you will just do your job and use the community to your advantage. Learn more about the world of crypto and maybe, contribute to this community if you already have something that you can share with.

This is the very reason why merit was put into place in the beginning, to really deter newbies from joining bounty campaigns because they are notorious for their shit posting which the mods and admins doesn't like.

Red trust might help but I'm still seeing a lot of members with red trust still carrying signatures and are in a bounty campaign. So this abuse of merit trading/selling will continue, so we need to be very vigilant. And if we noticed something fishy then I urge everyone to report it as well.

Merrit system did help but i can still see newbies that constantly spamming around the forum and not exactly on bounty altcoin section  . anyway    , the merrit selling/trading cant also be terminated permenenty because even if some reported it on this forum   they can still sell merits on other external sites and groups  . 

Good thing that merrits history can now be seen because this tool can help detect if a user is an merrit abuser or legit .
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
I think merit system is very good thinking by admin of bitcointalk.org. By merit system anybody can know his posting quality when another person give merit for his quality post.

But if anybody misuse this merit and sell it by money its fully opposite of forum rules and regulation and i think it should be punishment for that.

There's already a punishment as tagging the account of merit abusers. It's not easy to spot it however, if its blatantly obviously at some point, DT members will not be hesitant to give that account a red paint. However, I'm not really sure about the red trust is effective though, because if you go around bounties, there are still campaigns accepting participants even though they have a red trust.

Merit abusers will always be here as most of them are after for what they will earn if they will rank up
. If you are not greedy, you will just do your job and use the community to your advantage. Learn more about the world of crypto and maybe, contribute to this community if you already have something that you can share with.

This is the very reason why merit was put into place in the beginning, to really deter newbies from joining bounty campaigns because they are notorious for their shit posting which the mods and admins doesn't like.

Red trust might help but I'm still seeing a lot of members with red trust still carrying signatures and are in a bounty campaign. So this abuse of merit trading/selling will continue, so we need to be very vigilant. And if we noticed something fishy then I urge everyone to report it as well.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Merit abusers will always be here as most of them are after for what they will earn if they will rank up. If you are not greedy, you will just do your job and use the community to your advantage. Learn more about the world of crypto and maybe, contribute to this community if you already have something that you can share with.
Most of us here are after to the, as what we have the SMerit which I don't think it is very helpful, because we can't deny the fact that some of us here are trading their merits. But there's a good thing for this merit system brings to us, one of these is to control the population of new users in this thread and to avoid multiple accounts.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

Merit abusers will always be here as most of them are after for what they will earn if they will rank up. If you are not greedy, you will just do your job and use the community to your advantage. Learn more about the world of crypto and maybe, contribute to this community if you already have something that you can share with.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

I don’t support people selling their merits to others. I think everyone should be allowed to work for theirs and prove themselves. And another reason why I’m saying this is because if people keep selling their merits, scammers in the forum might take advantage of that and start buying merits to deceive people into thinking they are legit. People should keep their merits when they get it and find something good to do with it.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
I agree with you, merit is only owned by some people who have more experience.
Experience? So how about you?--A hero member which...uh except if it's not yours from the first place.

How about those newbies who have been made after the merit implemented and now a full member or even Sr member already.

whereas post quality is not the basis of giving merit.
So, what are the basis? merit trading? spam posts? alts?

although there are many challenges to making quality posts
There are many challenges of making quality posts and it's too hard of creating quality posts if people are literally spamming, bots, trolls, giving statements/opinions out of the context.

there are things that must be corrected in this system.
Too many improvements happened after merit has been implemented, it will not be changed for the sake of spammers, instead, it will be added improvements until spammers and bots reach its extinction.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
Merit is for sure a good system to avoid multiple accounts, spamming and so on. But! At the same time it is quite unfair especially for the new members of the forum because no one wants to give them Merit even if they make good qualitative posts. In my point of view this system must be reconsidered and improved for the common good!
I agree with you, merit is only owned by some people who have more experience. whereas post quality is not the basis of giving merit. although there are many challenges to making quality posts, but merit is a rare and frightening thing to give.
there are things that must be corrected in this system.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
Merit is for sure a good system to avoid multiple accounts, spamming and so on. But! At the same time it is quite unfair especially for the new members of the forum because no one wants to give them Merit even if they make good qualitative posts. In my point of view this system must be reconsidered and improved for the common good!

I disagree. Merit will always be given by others not just merit source if newbie will really take time and effort to make a decent post. You can go to Meta and see the stats that there are members really giving merits to a newbie. However, most of the newbies are just copy and paste their post from other source just to gain merit but that's easy to spot with. So I don't think that the merit system needs improvement because its really holding up and getting the job done.
brand new
Activity: 0
Provide all your family money. Invest in Elirtex. Our website
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
What is MERIT?
- Merit is a point that is given to a quality or creative post here in bitcointalk, if you do not create a quality or creative post then you will not gain or no one will give you a merit. It is not easy to get a merit point cause you need to create a post that will help there person who create the topic or other readers that will say that your post is helpful.

What is the Purpose of the MERIT?
- The Purpose of the Merit is to avoid people writing same idea with the other, also to avoid people from spamming. There are a lot of people who are spamming the thread, and they just want to add up their post and to upgrade their rank.

Why did the administrator required the Merit?
- The administrator required the Merit because there are many people who are creating a multiple accounts, spamming and posting a reply that is out of the topic.

Buying and Selling Bitcoin Merit
- Buying and selling of bitcoin merit is unfair to the other members of the bitcoin because the merit should be given to the one who creates a quality and useful post to others. It should not be send to the people who do not post useful or quality. Many people are trying to create a useful and quality post so that they will earn the merit or someone will give them a merit.
Activity: 92
If every player in the bitcointalk forum can do the same thing, the bitcointalk forum will be better developed, but the truth is that in the face of the temptation of money, all the languages and comments seem to be powerless!
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
Trade own merit received should be denied and forbidden because Merit system awards users that give value to forum community.
Who gives merit like who receives has big responsability because of some expert admin can discover fraudolent activities and give negative trust.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

I do understand the idea behind the merit system. I think it is a good idea to try to protect the quality of posts. Still for new members it is very restrictive even if they are active and posting quality content. What gives a forum rank value? It is the possibility to participate in signature bounties. It has become easier to build a following on twitter then to get to the next rank in the forum. This has triggered a shift of activity from bitcointalk to facebook or twitter and is also showing in the % that campaigns distribute to the different forms of bounties. Twitter or even translations are getting more favored opposite to signatures recently.

For that reason I hope a way will be found, to make the whole system a little more balanced, especially for completely new users. I am also wondering. With my full member account I am somewhere in the middle of the park. I saw some articles where I would have liked to send some merit for but was not able to do so? My initial impression was, that you get some sendable merit on a regular basis. What is the mechanism behind that?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Merit system a good concept to increase post quality and reducing spam.Proper use of merit will bring good result but trading merit will make useless the merit system.
For those (spammers) in this forum will justify any means to get merit so that their rank is fast to rise. So they will think that smerit is a system that will help this forum from negative things, when I was newbie I have a response that this forum is a source of information for people who want to find out about cryptocurrency in detail, this forum concept is very good because it gives every the user is to provide information that other people do not know the latest information about cryptocurrency one of them by way of discussion. I hope, for those who make merit as a place to trade will get the consequences.
Activity: 13
Merit system a good concept to increase post quality and reducing spam.Proper use of merit will bring good result but trading merit will make useless the merit system.
Activity: 24
selling and buying merit I think it's a cheat action.
because at the core of our knowledge level is really well established and our posts are more qualified and can be understood by moderators.
yeah i agree your opinion, so sad if i can buy a merit. like a play game... Sad Sad Sad
Pages:
Jump to: