Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 191. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
Tytanick,

Can you please update Nvidia driver to latest 390.42:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/131853/en-us

Your current one is 390.25
Activity: 600
Merit: 152
Been using SMOS for a few weeks now. Not bad at all and overall and I am making about 2-3 more a day on each of my 8 x rigs... The only drawback for me is that I really miss having CPU mining capabilities built in to a single system.

I need to touch up on my Ubuntu...
Activity: 5
http://
the log on the dashboard containing like 5 last reboot reasons would be great. As logging locally just corrupts usb flash memory within a week or two, already gone through that couple of times...

after claymore 11.0 , my rig are restarting every few hours, i am unable to understand the problem so till now i am using claymore 11.0, plz do some for your customers...

SSH into your rig. When it reboots the SSH session will end, but whatever happened to cause the crash will still be displayed. Very easy/fast way to troubleshoot. likely you have a card overclocked too high for the new Claymore improvements in 11.3+

"SSH session will end, but whatever happened to cause the crash will still be displayed" this means monitoring the rig like 24/7 with a display, this defeats the purpose of SMOS, the point of the log is to check what happened after several hours/days in operation because after a day or two my rig has restarted already a couple of hours ago.

would like also to ask (not so technical person), is the SSH in PuTTY any different from direct SSH?

If you want to dig through the log you can also do that. The log is there, just SSH into the miner and pull it up. The way I suggested is much more efficient use of your time. You don't need 24/7 monitoring. Just run it on your personal computer, and when the miner reboots you'll see the cause in PuTTY whenever you're back at your personal computer. Do this for a couple days until you eliminate the cause of your reboots.

As you said, the miner reboots a couple times and hours before you get to look into it. Digging through logs will take hours of your time to scroll back to try and find the crashes. My suggestion will put the cause of the crash immediately in front of you with minimal effort.

To answer your question, PuTTY works well as an SSH client on Windows. If you hover over your rig's name in SMOS you'll see the ip address of the rig. log into that address with PuTTY. username: "miner", password "miner". once you log into it type "screen -x miner" and you'll pull up the miner screen. let it run until the miner reboots/crashes. when it crashes you'll get a pop-up in PuTTY that the connection disconnected, but you'll be able to see what caused the drop.

i've been using putty "screen -x miner" since I use SMOS, it is also in the help section.

like just now, one of my rig stopped, and screen can only show the hash rate has dropped to 8Mhs across all 6GPUs..
"Digging through logs will take hours of your time" SMOS is designed for a farm setup, so it will be impractical to dig all of your rig.
having a log that show only what caused the crash will help, we are not asking for the whole log, we are only interested what caused the crash.

Activity: 30
undervolting on rx series still not working...
Activity: 55
the log on the dashboard containing like 5 last reboot reasons would be great. As logging locally just corrupts usb flash memory within a week or two, already gone through that couple of times...

after claymore 11.0 , my rig are restarting every few hours, i am unable to understand the problem so till now i am using claymore 11.0, plz do some for your customers...

SSH into your rig. When it reboots the SSH session will end, but whatever happened to cause the crash will still be displayed. Very easy/fast way to troubleshoot. likely you have a card overclocked too high for the new Claymore improvements in 11.3+

"SSH session will end, but whatever happened to cause the crash will still be displayed" this means monitoring the rig like 24/7 with a display, this defeats the purpose of SMOS, the point of the log is to check what happened after several hours/days in operation because after a day or two my rig has restarted already a couple of hours ago.

would like also to ask (not so technical person), is the SSH in PuTTY any different from direct SSH?

If you want to dig through the log you can also do that. The log is there, just SSH into the miner and pull it up. The way I suggested is much more efficient use of your time. You don't need 24/7 monitoring. Just run it on your personal computer, and when the miner reboots you'll see the cause in PuTTY whenever you're back at your personal computer. Do this for a couple days until you eliminate the cause of your reboots.

As you said, the miner reboots a couple times and hours before you get to look into it. Digging through logs will take hours of your time to scroll back to try and find the crashes. My suggestion will put the cause of the crash immediately in front of you with minimal effort.

To answer your question, PuTTY works well as an SSH client on Windows. If you hover over your rig's name in SMOS you'll see the ip address of the rig. log into that address with PuTTY. username: "miner", password "miner". once you log into it type "screen -x miner" and you'll pull up the miner screen. let it run until the miner reboots/crashes. when it crashes you'll get a pop-up in PuTTY that the connection disconnected, but you'll be able to see what caused the drop.
Activity: 5

Activity: 20
Disabled everything under ACPI settings in bios, only HPET is enabled (but did try both ways), what should I look into, to remove the below while booting?
It sometimes is rebuilding journal after these ACPI errors as well..

https://ibb.co/dx5jAH
Activity: 55

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Is SMOS chat down or something?  Huh

Yes it was down. I fixed it just now. The rocket chat script stopped working.
Activity: 2
Hello,
When simplemining add ccminer xevan algo?
Is SMOS chat down or something?  Huh
Activity: 14

Respected Admin,
that's really a good idea, by this way we will understand the problems with our rig. plz install a button in dash board where restart rig button is available for log in front of each rig.
that will be great,

thanks in advance.

Gaurav
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
I am really new to this GPU thing.
I have a bunch of EVGA 1070s, will it work with this? the nvidia/rx etc. throws me off? which os will support my EVGA 1070?

Thank you
Activity: 20
I have had no success in mining with RX550 cards - I have to use EthOS for this.

The cards are detected in lspci, but no opencl platforms found.

clinfo shows 0.

EthOS have updated the AMD driver to a later version that supports OpenCL on these cards, but I am unable to manually install it (believe me - I've tried!).

Can I ask if version 17.50+ can be rolled into an update of SMOS to allow me to run all my rigs?

The other alternative is *blech* Windows.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
I have exactly the same issue @tytanick any plans of fixing this?

Can you write again what is wrong ?
I cannot find exactly what do you mean guys Smiley
Do You mean undervolting that it is not working properly ?

I will be looking into newest kernel and newer undervolting tool.
Most changes can be done in gpu bios itself to take less wattage.
Also if undervolting doesnt work in your current rig, please try older image:
http://download.simplemining.net/simpleminer-RX-v1118-16.60-dagfix.img.zip (this is with compute rock kernel)
http://download.simplemining.net/simpleminer-NV-RX-v1146-smos.img.zip (this is custom kernel -smos which is on main website and it seems that undervolting in some  some GPUs does not work under this kernel)
So please hover on rig name and see which one you curently have and try other one.
Both have dagfix patch in it so eth speed should be more less the same.
Optiminer 2.2.0   https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerEquihash
SGMiner            https://github.com/aceneun/sgminer-gm-x16r/tree/x16r
lolminer             https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-lolminer-mnx-mining-minexcoinmnx-new-version-v04-july-22-2933939

Guys can You tell me which miner programms are you missing the most ?
Please tell me exactly the repository of miner or website link or something.
I saw few ccminers but they are 1-2 year old ...
[/quote]
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
I thought it didn't support WiFi.

Hi, yesterday I build some new rigs and firsts boots of simplemining (afterupdates ofc) screen stays on check simplemining conection for a long time and after that it starts very very slow to start miner and show text lines on screen. After some reboots didnt happened more, but is very weird, and I asked some friends and they said sometimes happens to them too.

WAN connection is not the problem. anyone happens the same? Thanks
Activity: 81
Hi, yesterday I build some new rigs and firsts boots of simplemining (afterupdates ofc) screen stays on check simplemining conection for a long time and after that it starts very very slow to start miner and show text lines on screen. After some reboots didnt happened more, but is very weird, and I asked some friends and they said sometimes happens to them too.

WAN connection is not the problem. anyone happens the same? Thanks
Activity: 37
Thank you for this OS, we've been able to test it with solid results!
Jump to: