Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 411. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
The miner wont start. (suspect issue with fifth card so disconnect one of the 470 and run with 4 card including the 560, still wont start)
https://s12.postimg.org/490qdflm5/20170620_102535.jpg

Miner is finding 5 cards so you are few steps further than most users that have problem with boot. I see you already start playing with over clocking options and changed power stage to 0! :

- powerstage - lower value = lower wattage, 7 is max power, 0 is minimum power but it will almost for sure freeze your rig.
Try lowering until it becomes unstable, but be around rig to reboot it if it will freeze Smiley. 4-6 are optimal values

You also started claymore 8.1 that is not happy with your custom OC settings...

Delete this rig add it again don't change anything beside choosing miner and try it again.

What kind of PSU you have because setup like this will take 950-1100W from the wall without modifications, my 5 cards rigs are drawing 1050W and I`m using two 750W PSU for each rig.

with 4 cards and powerstage 0, no problem arise. so its out of the equation. PSU? non issue, i use more than adequate with power meter too.

Why claymore 8.1? because it give more hash speed compare to 9.4 and 9.5

Ive further tested the card on windows environment with either claymore 8.1/9.4 and 9.5 all no issue (12++ mhs)

then i create new Smos account and tested only 2 card of the 560, cant run too. 
this setup i left the powerstage to 7 and stock clock.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
yes the atiflash dir is the utils dir
I transferred the custom roms by hosting the file somewhere, then navigating to your home dir and typing
> wget http://mysite.com/custom_bios.rom
then type in the miner home dir:
> ~/utils/atiflash -p 0 custom_bios.rom
Can't make it work  Sad
Log:
Code:
root@simpleminer:/home/miner# ls
config.json  G1625.rom
root@simpleminer:/home/miner# > ~/utils/atiflash -p 4 G1625.rom
-p: command not found

if you just did the following, does it call the atiflash program?
root@simpleminer:/home/miner# > ~/utils/atiflash

see sample below:

sudo su
dmesg -c
/root/utils/atiflash -p -f 0 /home/miner/470_elpida_oc.rom
/root/utils/atiflash -p -f 1 /home/miner/470_elpida_oc.rom
sudo reboot
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
I have problems with one of my rigs... why do I keep loosing hashrate on this rig??

My rig starts normally then 2 GPUs ( GPU0 and GPU1 ) falls down after 10 minutes and I loose 10MH/s overall... any help would be appreciated..

Activity: 15
I transferred the custom roms by hosting the file somewhere, then navigating to your home dir and typing
Can't make it work  Sad
Log:
Code:
config.json  G1625.rom

if you just did the following, does it call the atiflash program?
root@simpleminer:/home/miner# > ~/utils/atiflash
Activity: 3
Can't make it work  Sad
Log:
Code:
config.json  G1625.rom
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE
Guys, i made official realtime chat.
I am counting on help from you guys to take those "easy" questions off me Cheesy
http://chat.simplemining.net/
Activity: 4
The miner wont start. (suspect issue with fifth card so disconnect one of the 470 and run with 4 card including the 560, still wont start)

Miner is finding 5 cards so you are few steps further than most users that have problem with boot. I see you already start playing with over clocking options and changed power stage to 0! :

- powerstage - lower value = lower wattage, 7 is max power, 0 is minimum power but it will almost for sure freeze your rig.
Try lowering until it becomes unstable, but be around rig to reboot it if it will freeze Smiley. 4-6 are optimal values

You also started claymore 8.1 that is not happy with your custom OC settings...

Delete this rig add it again don't change anything beside choosing miner and try it again.

What kind of PSU you have because setup like this will take 950-1100W from the wall without modifications, my 5 cards rigs are drawing 1050W and I`m using two 750W PSU for each rig.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
if you support NVIDIA Cards, if it is possible to change the Bios on these cards or change the settings to get mor hashpower and lower the power like AMD cards?
Activity: 1
Good morning everyone,

I am looking for ideas and help. I was debugging one of my unstable rigs running 7 RX580s.
Suddenly, I've seen one of the fans set to 0%. Whatever I have tried I was unable to start it again. To me, it looked like the driver has decided to refuse fan speed modification.

Here is what fanspeed.sh reports when trying to adjust the speed:

cat: /sys/class/drm/card3/device/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1: Invalid argument
/root/utils/fanspeed_RX.sh: line 84: echo: write error: Invalid argument

The wolframd reports the following (--set-fanspeed):
Failed to read a fan sysfs entry for GPU 3.

The card is completely operational, and it responds to every other command. Of course, it will overheat in a matter of seconds.

Can someone offer an advice?

And at the end a note to tytanick: I hope you are aware of the fact that the GPU orders are not always sequential! On this particular system I have two different batches of RX580 and there is *a gap* in card numbering - there is no card with index 1 on this system. Cards start to enumerate with index 0, index 1 is not existent and then cards are indexed from 2 to 7. I am speaking, of course, about the system card index and not the GPU numbers given by the claymore driver which are sequential 0-6.

I wish everyone a nice day Wink

Problem happen when i plug in the 5th card - Rx560 4G

RX and R9 don't run well on the same board.  Different drivers.  You're gonna have to start a new rig for your RX cards.

i didnt run any r9 card.
Activity: 15
FLASHING TUTORIAL Tongue To flash its important to do following:
- ssh as user "miner" and execute: screen -x miner  .... and then press ctrl+c few times until whole screen exits.
- go to root writing sudo su
- execute command: dmesg -c - this will clear system log - this is where my syftoware watchdog is looking for some critical erros, if it finds them it execute reboot command.
- go to atiflash directory and
atiflash -p 0 custom_bios.rom
atiflash -p 1 custom_bios.rom
etc

By "atiflash directory" you mean "utils" directory?
How do i transfer my custom_bios.rom to utils folder?

RX and R9 don't run well on the same board.  Different drivers.  You're gonna have to start a new rig for your RX cards.
Help needed here,

Current setup

2x480, 1x470, 1x570
Asrock Btc Pro
8GB Ram
usb boot

So my rig run perfectly fine with this 4 cards

Activity: 49
Cant wait for Nvidia OC support! bring it on!!!
Activity: 21
Hopefully someone can help me.... My risers are working in windows both the ones connected to x16 and x1. However if i try to load into simple mining i get stuck in an amd loop timeout. I disconnected the risers going into the x1 and and can boot into simplemining with any gpus with risers plugged into x16. I am thinking this is a compatibility issue with simple mining and my motherboard msi 970a-g43 ( Latest bios ) Huh? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?  I'd hate to give simple mining the boot, its been good to me!

I had to load one gpu at a time to get the loop to
Not happen

How do i load one gpu at a time?

I did try a single gpu plugged into the x1 and it did not work.

Check the -di parameter (for Eth mining at least)

-di 0 will mine on the first GPU only. -di 02 will only mine on the first and third GPU.
Activity: 10
Hey Tytanick im a newbie miner and i really enjoy your work! I don't think it gets any easier  Grin Grin Grin

When do you think full nvidia support will happen?

Thanks  Cheesy
Activity: 1
Hi to all! I'm not able to start my miner with simpleminingOS.. I've flashed my USB drive, edited the config file and try to boot it several times.. It boot without any problem but at a certain point it appears on the screen:

simplemining Ubuntu...
simplemining login:
password:

And it stops (i don't know which login info I should use..), I can't see my rig in the dasboard..

I searchd among different forums, no one never had this issue before...
I don't know what to do.
I really hope someone here will give me an explanation.

Thanks in advance!!
Activity: 6
Hopefully someone can help me.... My risers are working in windows both the ones connected to x16 and x1. However if i try to load into simple mining i get stuck in an amd loop timeout. I disconnected the risers going into the x1 and and can boot into simplemining with any gpus with risers plugged into x16. I am thinking this is a compatibility issue with simple mining and my motherboard msi 970a-g43 ( Latest bios ) Huh? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?  I'd hate to give simple mining the boot, its been good to me!

Not happen

How do i load one gpu at a time?

I did try a single gpu plugged into the x1 and it did not work.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hopefully someone can help me.... My risers are working in windows both the ones connected to x16 and x1. However if i try to load into simple mining i get stuck in an amd loop timeout. I disconnected the risers going into the x1 and and can boot into simplemining with any gpus with risers plugged into x16. I am thinking this is a compatibility issue with simple mining and my motherboard msi 970a-g43 ( Latest bios ) Huh? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?  I'd hate to give simple mining the boot, its been good to me!

Not happen
Activity: 6
Hopefully someone can help me.... My risers are working in windows both the ones connected to x16 and x1. However if i try to load into simple mining i get stuck in an amd loop timeout. I disconnected the risers going into the x1 and and can boot into simplemining with any gpus with risers plugged into x16. I am thinking this is a compatibility issue with simple mining and my motherboard msi 970a-g43 ( Latest bios ) Huh? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?  I'd hate to give simple mining the boot, its been good to me!
Jump to: