Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread - page 13. (Read 50218 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
August 13, 2014, 06:20:32 PM
Just ignored BrilliantRocket. No particular reason other than I'm bored of his posts.

Oh I see. You're a Monero fanboy. Sorry to hear about your massive losses Sad .

Go ahead and troll my thread though, its fine with me. You're only making yourself look like an idiot.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
August 13, 2014, 06:07:39 PM
hi guys,i would like to invest 60btc in anoncoins.
can you tell my why i should prefer to buy monero instead of cloakcoin?
waht makes this coin better than cloak?
or it is advisable to buy both?
thanks
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 13, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

I did not see your question. And even if I did, I "pick my battles" (choose which questions to answer) by the following criterion:

Does the answering to the question give me an excuse to deliver a message or drive home a point, intended for the general audience?

If it does not, I make a new post or new thread. If it does, I reply to the previous one.

As you noticed, this is "avoidance of the question" but hey if your time was worth as much as mine, you also would not assume a responsibility of responding to Internet trolls for free, just because they so request.  Cheesy

Well if you say some shit on the internet you should be willing to back it up with demonstrable, tangible evidence unless you want people to think you're just another boring, generic liar.

I don't give a shit about your time. I'm telling you your opinion means nothing to me if you can't back it up with evidence. You're simply wrong about XMR being less volatile than BTC. Now deal with it.

Furthermore, people who look to you for advice or guidance will always lose money because you are admittedly full of shit. Shame on you for pretending you understand something about anything.

1. Volatility is the variance of price over time. Now, since Bitcoin has had 10,000%+ runs during its history along with -93% declines, and Monero has had neither, the burden of mathematical/statistical proof is on you. Please make your calculations.

2. I checked your post history and would like to ask why you so bitter against many people?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
August 13, 2014, 02:55:04 PM
When hash rate achieves 26,000,000 rise will begin to .016 .... all speculation of course
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2014, 01:32:14 PM
Re:shilltrolls. That is hard to avoid because monero is so good.

There are private forums, and one will probably be set up soon as part of some initiatives that I know of, but cannot tell of, but know of so much that am buying right now, perhaps the last week of cheap monero.
Last cheap week? It's overpriced as it stands. If you can't evangelize and convince more idiots to buy your coins, the price will stagnate and then decline. Gotta love that emission curve.

If we compare XMR and DRK fully emitted market price, XMR has a market cap 3 times cheaper than DRK. Lets that sink for a while.

I'm not convinced that's a very relevant statistic alone. I think current supply, total supply, and rate are all factors.

Total supplies: very similar, so ignoring

DRK current supply: 4,556,xxx
XMR current supply: 2,754,xxx
Difference: ~1.8m

DRK rate: ~2,880
XMR rate: ~21,500, constantly decaying
Difference: ~18,600

If the reward didn't decrease daily from here, XMR would catch up in current supply in less than 100 days (so in reality it'll be 110-120 days(?), haven't done the math).
It will continue on at its more rapid distribution, by April 2016 having ~9 million emitted (I think this is correct?).
DRK will have ~6.28 million or less (with 7% subsidy reduction yearly)

DRK market cap April 2016: ~$29 million
XMR market cap April 2016: ~$17 million

If your time span is thus the half-life of XMR (is that what it's called?), the market caps aren't nearly so different as now, with XMR at almost 60% of DRK.

This might all be meaningless, but take it FWIW.

In my opinion, Monero should save the marketing for later on(Octorber/November+). That's when the technical working should be on its way to endingor so I think and etc. We all know that Monero is a 10x superior coin to Darkcoin, with both it's fair launch, name, dev team, superior anonymity, specs, etc, it's just that I believe when the database/syncing/bloating issues are addressed, then Monero would probably be able to compete with even Bitcoin.

What do you mean by that? On price? Market cap? Transaction volume? Give me some context. Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
August 13, 2014, 12:11:47 PM
In my opinion, Monero should save the marketing for later on(Octorber/November+). That's when the technical working should be on its way to endingor so I think and etc. We all know that Monero is a 10x superior coin to Darkcoin, with both it's fair launch, name, dev team, superior anonymity, specs, etc, it's just that I believe when the database/syncing/bloating issues are addressed, then Monero would probably be able to compete with even Bitcoin.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
August 13, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

There are private forums, and one will probably be set up soon as part of some initiatives that I know of, but cannot tell of, but know of so much that am buying right now, perhaps the last week of cheap monero.
Last cheap week? It's overpriced as it stands. If you can't evangelize and convince more idiots to buy your coins, the price will stagnate and then decline. Gotta love that emission curve.

If we compare XMR and DRK fully emitted market price, XMR has a market cap 3 times cheaper than DRK. Lets that sink for a while.
legendary
August 13, 2014, 11:58:11 AM
relevant at this juncture (beyond the stigma for DRK)

"Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

The stigma is the point. Stigmas exist for a reason, which is to punish and deter socially harmful behavior. Fucking up coin launches is not something that can be excused. Even if (and this is a big if) there was nothing fraudulent in this case, merely incompetent, an atmosphere where such things are considered acceptable only opens the door to further fraud (which by its nature is almost always disguised as something, sometimes incompetence).

Coins with bad launches should be shunned and to the extent of their technical merit, if any, relaunched, cloned, learned from to do better, etc.

I respect your position (really, I do!  Cool). I guess what I was trying to say is that the facts are out for everyone to see, and the market will decide what matters or doesn't matter in the long run.

So far, it hasn't appeared that the market cares that much, but we (DRK and XMR, alts in general) are still in infancy, so that could absolutely change. Conversely, some market participants (such as yourself) care very much (so who knows what the cap would be given a better launch).

Back to XMR speculation! Smiley Do you like to speculate? Given that from your perspective DRK is irrevocably damaged, it is implied that XMR should replace it as the "anon" market cap leader (is this fair?). What are you thoughts on how long this will take, how it will happen, etc.? (understanding it's all speculation; consider it food for thought if you don't want to respond  Grin)
legendary
Activity: 1498
August 13, 2014, 11:53:40 AM
Just ignored BrilliantRocket. No particular reason other than I'm bored of his posts.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 13, 2014, 11:49:46 AM

Activity: 280
Who cares?
August 13, 2014, 11:45:27 AM

tell me more.  Grin
legendary
August 13, 2014, 11:01:45 AM

Please set up a private forum so we don't have to wade through a bunch of Monero posts to find what we want.

How exactly does that work on the Monero Speculation thread?

Looks like you made a wrong turn and ended up here by mistake. These things happen.

I'm talking about the Alternate Cryptocurrencies section in general. Monero Jesus felt the need to create a huge number of threads.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 13, 2014, 10:55:16 AM

Please set up a private forum so we don't have to wade through a bunch of Monero posts to find what we want.

How exactly does that work on the Monero Speculation thread?

Looks like you made a wrong turn and ended up here by mistake. These things happen.
August 13, 2014, 10:52:36 AM

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 13, 2014, 10:48:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
August 13, 2014, 10:44:17 AM
They're just troll/spam accounts that for some reason have now adopted a strategy of posts that are just as poorly written as the previous I-hate-XMR posts but are now I-love-XMR. Why they are doing this (other than increasing post count) I have no idea.

They start accounts, to post 14 posts every 2 weeks ad after few weeks when they become full members sell them. Because of signature campaigns where higher your rank is more you are paid for a post, accounts get nice prices. Easiest is to post in altcoins and speculations threads, where you can easily be at least tiny bit on topic.

So best is to not to take so serious accounts under 50 activities.
Activity: 471
August 13, 2014, 10:20:00 AM
I kindly and humbly suggest that all monero gentlemen present ignore troll accounts with great velocity so our community can focus on interesting matters. I don't know what their agenda is but one sure thing is they succeed to pollute barely all XMR threads. It spoils my morning coffee and probably repulse a few curious readers that struggle to find meaningful information in a sea of trollshit.
August 13, 2014, 10:11:15 AM
Right now the only reason I would buy into DRK is to take advantage of pumps and dumps. XMR seems long term, but the poster here (I for the name) had a point, we can't really know if Monero is extremely underrated as of now or it's near DRK levels given total supply. I still tho believe that it will go up a lot, but not when so im staying all BTC for now.
I'd say the same for XMR. When it gets pumped in the future, the massive daily emission will ensure that a dump will follow. I don't usually trade, but I have a feeling that XMR will be a gold mine in this respect.
Activity: 322
August 13, 2014, 10:07:44 AM
Right now the only reason I would buy into DRK is to take advantage of pumps and dumps. XMR seems long term, but the poster here (I for the name) had a point, we can't really know if Monero is extremely underrated as of now or it's near DRK levels given total supply. I still tho believe that it will go up a lot, but not when so im staying all BTC for now.
Pages:
Jump to: