Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox account in the USA has been seized by the DHS? - page 5. (Read 25844 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
If only there were a way to move value around without the threat of it getting seized by a third party.  Somebody should invent something.
Activity: 408
Merit: 261
I just received an email from Dwolla, which is strange because I've had no MtGox<->Dwolla transfers pending or completed for quite some time:

An incoming money transfer has been cancelled

A pending incoming transfer from Mutum Sigillum LLC (Dwolla account ID # xxx-xxx-xxxx) was cancelled.

To view your latest account activity please log in at https://www.dwolla.com.

Thanks,
Team Dwolla

So I looked into this, and sure enough I have a withdrawal from Mt.Gox of $20 from April, 2012 that is now listed as "cancelled".

And my current Dwolla balance now shows $-19.75

The even stranger part is that I've had plenty of other Mt.Gox->Dwolla withdrawals for much more money and much more recent that haven't been altered.

So WTF Dwolla, are you now retroactively canceling our cleared payments from over 1 year ago (ala "Tradehill")??

Seriously?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
... I bought a fairly large sum and Coinbase decided I was all of a sudden a fraud risk for no raisin.

What does that have to do with currant affairs?

"Well that settles it, btbrae gets the award for the best off-the-cuff response"
Activity: 680
... I bought a fairly large sum and Coinbase decided I was all of a sudden a fraud risk for no raisin.

What does that have to do with currant affairs?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Has CoinBase gotten their act together to allow for larger purchases?

No-ish.

I was using them regularly and then, when the price crashed to 60 or whatever a month ago I bought a fairly large sum and Coinbase decided I was all of a sudden a fraud risk for no raisin.

Made me miss out on real cheap coins Sad

What some exchanges will do is gamble with the bitcoins of their customers, if the price would go down they would be more than willing to give you the coins.
Activity: 348
I do not really care much about getting dollars from MtGox. But I mainly use MtGox to transfer my government currency to bitcoins. They have been the cheapest, 25 cents for Dwolla plus .5% at MtGox.

Transferring $1 out of MtGox to Dwolla to test this out btw.

The max limit is still 50BTC per day.  It used to be 100BTC before the price rise.

send them to my account. I can withdraw 1000 BTC per day. Grin
It's wonderful not being an americunt. lol

I'm American (F U btw) and my BTC withdrawal limit has been set to 1000 BTC/day since my Gox account was verified 6 months ago.
Activity: 518

No-ish.

I was using them regularly and then, when the price crashed to 60 or whatever a month ago I bought a fairly large sum and Coinbase decided I was all of a sudden a fraud risk for no raisin.

Made me miss out on real cheap coins Sad
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I do not really care much about getting dollars from MtGox. But I mainly use MtGox to transfer my government currency to bitcoins. They have been the cheapest, 25 cents for Dwolla plus .5% at MtGox.

The max limit is still 50BTC per day.  It used to be 100BTC before the price rise.

send them to my account. I can withdraw 1000 BTC per day. Grin
It's wonderful not being an americunt. lol
I think this is good news! Let's get this party started! I hope they close all legal ways to trade for fiat.
Maybe then we'll finally be rid of speculators who are only in bitcoin to make fiat and cash out.
Maybe it will bring more people who are willing to buy and sell goods and services for Bitcoin, rather than converting it to fiat as soon as they get it.

Clearly you aren't an on-line merchant! No chance we'd support Bitcoin if we couldn't convert to fiat and the same will go for almost everyone out there.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
DHS mostly takes down sports streaming websites (terrorist hangout).  Roll Eyes
Activity: 672

I'm predicting that the official word will be that this is to stop terrorists.  That's the catchphrase everyone uses now to rally support.  Heck, even Syria's Assad calls his rebels terrorists for the same purpose.

Call me an aluminium hat wearing cray cray individual but just wait until a terrorist attack or kidnapping happens and they surprisingly find out a tie to BTC... Israel has already claimed that Bitcoin is related to terrorism and painted it in propoganda, guess some countries are getting a head start  Grin Business: Virtual terror finance
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

Activity: 518
You could buy Bitcoins with your MTGOXUSD and send to other exchanges with withdrawal methods to your liking.

That's what I did earlier.  I don't trust Gox at the moment with the lawsuit and this nonsense.  It is probably ok but just little downside to transferring cash out of there for now.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
first they ignore you...

we're on the fighting part now. shit just got real.
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
I'm predicting that the official word will be that this is to stop terrorists.  That's the catchphrase everyone uses now to rally support.  Heck, even Syria's Assad calls his rebels terrorists for the same purpose.
donator
Activity: 290
This is another assault on Bitcoin. The war has not yet started, if you aren't ready for it, get out the line of fire.
Seems that the only way to have a decentralized cryptocurrency is to have decentralized authority, one day you will be able to go down to the street and grab yourself a Bagel and some BTC. Of course by then transferring BTC will be a thousand times more convenient, the gullible masses are easily manipulated so they can make up more excuses to make the currency illegal, however I see no way of them winning in this in the end.

I remember the times that when they threatened that they will make guns illegal in the USA people claimed that the gov would have to take the guns out of their cold dead hands, some even said that it would happen. Today after a series of massacres by individuals completely blitzed out of their mind by psychiatric medication people seem to all oppose legal guns in a single voice, not only that but you are portrayed as a baby-killing-traitor if you want to protect your family.

Soon you will be labeled a terrorist-supporting-traitor if you want financial independence.

This much
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I think this is good news! Let's get this party started! I hope they close all legal ways to trade for fiat.
Maybe then we'll finally be rid of speculators who are only in bitcoin to make fiat and cash out.
Maybe it will bring more people who are willing to buy and sell goods and services for Bitcoin, rather than converting it to fiat as soon as they get it.
Maybe not; it's time we find out though.

There are plenty other ways for us to value bitcoin, such as against gold and silver, other cryptocurrencies, digital gold currencies, or any other commodity and real asset. I think this is the way to finally make bitcoin a currency, rather than just use it as a fiat payment system.
YEAH! Finally, we can move past Bitcoin as a fiat payment system and go back to our roots... Bitcoin as a drug payment system! No more online cash shit, just go to your local pusher and buy some online tokens to hit up SR for anything the dealer doesn't carry. Maybe the dealer can even get a referral bonus!

(I'm just mad that I've been increasing my long positions for the past couple weeks)
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I confirmed the email with Dwolla support:

Code:
Dwolla Support
MAY 14, 2013  |  04:17PM CDT
Jay,

Yes, we can confirm the context of the previous email. We don't have anything on our website as we aren't able to externally communicate this notice.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Dwolla Support
www.dwolla.com
www.trydwolla.com (Send someone free money on us to get them started)

---- Message Disclaimer -----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Jay
MAY 14, 2013  |  03:55PM CDT
Original message
I received an email that appears to come from Dwolla regarding Mutum Sigillum LLC and the fact that you are not able to do business with them any more. Can you please confirm the content of this email as I can't find anything on your sit backing this up.

Thanks,

-Jay
Pages:
Jump to: