Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox account in the USA has been seized by the DHS? - page 9. (Read 25844 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Activity: 680
Merit: 500
The price will go down because people are either panicking and withdrawing via wire, or sitting on the fence expecting a big move. A few people will buy & move their coins out quickly.
Activity: 658
no point selling now if you can't cash out....
Activity: 742
Circle gets the Square
No offense to any of the posters so far, but can anyone with rep confirm the wording of the email received?
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
best advise, if you have dollar in mtgox don't cash it out.. instead to buy coin and transfer the coin to a different exchange.

many of us done this and never returned to mtgox as soon as the coinlab announcement came out ages back. you had plenty of warning.

i still can't believe people think with a milti million dollar lawsuit pending that business would continue to run as usual.

seriously. make this a life lesson, if you see a notification of a lawsuit get your coin out and move out. your coin and dollar are not protected so don't have the naive belief that because a login page still exists you are safe to continue unaffected.

they have enough hints over the last few days.

This

Not quite sure why the price is falling, surely you'd expect a rise if there is a mass exodus of BTC from Gox?

because the lemmings and sheep think its business as usual.. even now.

the other reason is instead of having a order on the list for lets say $100-$110 creating a buy wall, they are cancelling the orders (making a weak/no buy wall) and eating from the top of the sell wall..(guys trying to exit)

but there are still lemming and sheep trying to sell at top dollar. (keeping a sell wall in place) in the hope to buy coin in cheaper to make the price drop very easily due to lack of orders and trying to then buy coin at profit.

the flips side is the fight against the lemmings trying to continue trading... the people just trying to get coin to run.. either way the price can sky rocket or plunge. and then the other sheep on btc-e and other exchanges that follow gox as their Master which will also affect the pricing on the other exchanges..

long story short, the next 24 hours of trading will be wild!!!!
Activity: 742
Circle gets the Square
best advise, if you have dollar in mtgox don't cash it out.. instead to buy coin and transfer the coin to a different exchange.

many of us done this and never returned to mtgox as soon as the coinlab announcement came out ages back. you had plenty of warning.

i still can't believe people think with a milti million dollar lawsuit pending that business would continue to run as usual.

seriously. make this a life lesson, if you see a notification of a lawsuit get your coin out and move out. your coin and dollar are not protected so don't have the naive belief that because a login page still exists you are safe to continue unaffected.

This

Not quite sure why the price is falling, surely you'd expect a rise if there is a mass exodus of BTC from Gox?
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
So far we have two users with a handful of posts to their name posting the e-mail version with account seizure mentioned, and others posting different e-mails. I'm not convinced yet. Also, it's dwolla, not mt gox's bank accounts.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
best advise, if you have dollar in mtgox don't cash it out.. instead buy coin and transfer the coin to a different exchange.

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Wonder if they are starting to pull a wikileaks, poker type of financial starvation.

Also, am I the only one who everytime I hear Dept of HLS, I wonder how I got into the script of a bad sci-fi movie?
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
MtGox is outside the jurisdiction of the US government, they can't seize their accounts or anything of theirs at all.  Maybe the email is badly worded

Or maybe the OP has intentionally altered the email to make it appear worse than it actually is.  While the others who have quoted their emails have done so accurately.

The probably cannot seize MtGox' bank accounts, but they certainly can seize their Dwolla account, since Dwolla is American.
Fortunately I'm not in the US but I hope you manage to get your money sorted out guys.  I doubt that our UK government will be far behind yours if they get away with this.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Well, Gox does have a federal lawsuit pending against it where the damages are listed in the tens of millions. Not surprising they get their account seized. The fact that the department of homeland security is involved is probably due to the fact that it's international money transfers, which falls somewhat under their supposed jurisdiction.
Activity: 680
MtGox is outside the jurisdiction of the US government, they can't seize their accounts or anything of theirs at all.  Maybe the email is badly worded

It's possible they were waiting for an agreement with the Japanese. At this point we can only speculate... but don't think that governments are isolated from one another, especially when Bitcoin's market cap is small fry compared to any political sweetener.
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
BalkanBoy, with 36 posts, wants to buy coin at 1/2 a price Wink

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Or maybe the OP has intentionally altered the email to make it appear worse than it actually is.  While the others who have quoted their emails have done so accurately.
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
It was only a matter of time before the USG started closing the avenues for converting BTC between USD.
Activity: 924
Your headline is totally misleading.  All that it says is that you can't get your money out via Dwolla now.  There is no Mt Gox account in the USA

So how does it work on their end? Gox must have a Dwolla account. The email indicates they no longer have access to it.
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Well to be fair the bank system doesn't exactly like Dwolla either, so it's double whammy.

This will be interesting though.
Activity: 924
Mine doesn't say anything about "seizing".

I have money in limbo too. Isn't this just great.
Activity: 938
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Prices got real interesting after paypal stopped supporting MTGox,  I expect something similar here.
Pages:
Jump to: