Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox account in the USA has been seized by the DHS? - page 6. (Read 25844 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I think this is good news! Let's get this party started! I hope they close all legal ways to trade for fiat.
Maybe then we'll finally be rid of speculators who are only in bitcoin to make fiat and cash out.
Maybe it will bring more people who are willing to buy and sell goods and services for Bitcoin, rather than converting it to fiat as soon as they get it.
Maybe not; it's time we find out though.

There are plenty other ways for us to value bitcoin, such as against gold and silver, other cryptocurrencies, digital gold currencies, or any other commodity and real asset. I think this is the way to finally make bitcoin a currency, rather than just use it as a fiat payment system.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
wait a fucking moment. I must be insane.
So, Dwolla tells you they can't transfer your money to mtgox, but if you want your money back you should ask mtgox for it, when mtgox didn't even got the funds in the first place? Really? Huh
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Seems to me that one of the CoinLab investors has some serious pull with DHS.

Now that would be cutting off your nose to spite your face ^2...

Something doesn't make sense here. Wonder what the real story is...
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Hello!
Seems to me that one of the CoinLab investors has some serious pull with DHS.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
This is just an annoyance.  There are so many other ways to move money in and out of MtGox. 

...until "they" stop them all with a few court orders.
And just the day I sent some BTC to Gox for sale for the first time in my life...  Sad

We are freaking doomed (TM The Mogambo Guru)
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
At 5:12 PM EST, I called Dwolla customer support. The young woman who answered the phone was very polite but said that there was a court order and she was not able to provide any further information.

I wonder if this is DHS wanting to file charges against MtGox, or wanting to collect info and file charges against specific bitcoiners?  Embarrassed

The words "U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland" are in there. I'm from Maryland. Just want to say I had nothing to do with this, and there are a couple of other bitcoiners living here, though none that could spark this that I could think of.'
God, I hope they're not after my Prius  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
I don't know, I'm more concerned with Angelina Jolie's breasts at the moment.
+1 Grin

This is just an annoyance.  There are so many other ways to move money in and out of MtGox.  Let's focus on more important news.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
At 5:12 PM EST, I called Dwolla customer support. The young woman who answered the phone was very polite but said that there was a court order and she was not able to provide any further information.

The question is how will this affect trading? If it becomes harder to fund an online trading account, it will mean that prices will either drop, or will just become very stagnant.

I guess, for me, this means using CampBX.

Activity: 252
Not a top story
Activity: 308
Activity: 294
http://coin.furuknap.net/
This.... is frightening.

Why? Bitcoin is bound to get some kind of government response before it can truly take over the world and this may very well be the start of something like that. This is about as frightening as losing your first teeth; nothing but growing pains that will go away after a while.

.b

I'm sure others thought that same thing right before the U.S. government crushed them.  Wink

I don't know, I'm more concerned with Angelina Jolie's breasts at the moment. This will blow over. The world as we know it will be here tomorrow.

.b
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Wow yeah I see a dip, looked again, and we're back up.

Glad I pulled my coins off Gox but they + Dwolla had been my preferred method for transfer since it was so easy and fast.
Activity: 252
I'm actually quite impressed at the price recovery.  We're already back up to $115.40 after a massive 50k sell off.  2 weeks ago this would have dipped the price of BTC under $90.

Thank you panic sellers, I've been waiting for a good time to pick up some more coins.
you wouldnt buy at 119 but did at 115?

loléd
legendary
Activity: 994
I'm actually quite impressed at the price recovery.  We're already back up to $115.40 after a massive 50k sell off.  2 weeks ago this would have dipped the price of BTC under $90.

Thank you panic sellers, I've been waiting for a good time to pick up some more coins.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Did you add the "seizing" wording to your email or is everyone else getting a different email?

Only thing I did with the email is remove my name.
Activity: 341

Lets hope that Gox has been playing by the rules in all jurisdictions. It would really suck if it turns out that they haven't.

I doubt they've followed all of the DHS' Double Secret Probation rules.
Pages:
Jump to: