Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox account in the USA has been seized by the DHS? - page 8. (Read 25844 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I call hoax. I think this is an organized attempt to seed panic. Until I see something posted officially from gox or dwolla on their official facebook or twitter account I call hoax.

If you have a Dwolla account try to transfer money to mt gox.  You will see that this is no hoax.

It says the ID is unavailable. I'm starting to believe.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018
Just got of the phone with Dwolla - no hoax people.  Call them yourselves.  I asked about a warrant number or court order number and the rep. told me she didn't have any of that info.  But she did say that Dwolla has been asked to not do business with Mt.Gox and for the moment they are complying.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Dwolla's Blog has nothing yet:

http://blog.dwolla.com/

And their twatter either:

https://twatter.com/dwolla

I guess they like to keep that kind of news under wraps, if it is indeed happening at all.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
I call hoax. I think this is an organized attempt to seed panic. Until I see something posted officially from gox or dwolla on their official facebook or twitter account I call hoax.

If you have a Dwolla account try to transfer money to mt gox.  You will see that this is no hoax.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Why don't you test it now by sending/withdrawing 1 dollar if you don't believe it
Activity: 23
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
Sorry for the trouble. Received an confirmation from Dwolla on request for myself.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
guys just transfer your btc to coinbase and it's in your US account in 3 days... i just did it last week, took like 3 minutes...

granted they have a 50 btc daily limit and 10 for unverified... but i' sure you high rollers have other methods anyway...
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
Is there any legitimate proof outside of bitcointalk.org about this announcement?

if you have a dwolla/mtgox account check your inbox, or find someone you do trust in the community that has not posted it on this forum and ask them
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
Is there any legitimate proof outside of bitcointalk.org about this announcement?
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
FYI:

You can use https://bitpay.com to cash out coins and have the USD sent you your bank account the next day for 0.99%.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
That is quite bad to hear. Mt.Gox have a US account through which they work with Dwolla. Apparently, that won't be an option anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
And that is why we need bitcoin, so random agencies can't wreak havoc in such way
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
No offence to any of the posters so far, but can anyone with rep confirm the wording of the email received?

i've had a long time Dwolla acct and i've not received any email...

Looks like they only send to people that have recently done a withdrawal/deposit or are currently trying to do a withdrawal/deposit.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I haven't received this email, and Dwolla withdrawl/despoit options are still available for me on Gox?
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
do you not have data protection or information governance laws in the US? are organisations in the US allowed to breach data protection laws by broadcasting account holders business to other users in such a manner as these emails.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
No offence to any of the posters so far, but can anyone with rep confirm the wording of the email received?

i've had a long time Dwolla acct and i've not received any email...
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
I guess this is the fallout from the Coinlab lawsuit?
What does Department of Homeland Security has in common with the Coinlab lawsuit?
Activity: 22
So far we have two users with a handful of posts to their name posting the e-mail version with account seizure mentioned, and others posting different e-mails. I'm not convinced yet. Also, it's dwolla, not mt gox's bank accounts.

I depends on what user was trying to doing.. I have gotten one of those emails too.. it's not Dwolla, it's certainly Mt. Gox. that got seized. My email was in responds to trying to get cash into Mt. Gox., thru Dwolla:

As of 12:13 PM on 5/14/2013:

Due to recent court orders by the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland seizing the account of Mutum Sigillum LLC (“Mt. Gox”), Dwolla will be unable to complete your recent bank transfer to Mutum Sigillum LLC and any future transactions.

Instead, this transaction will be routed to your Dwolla account on its scheduled arrival date and time. These funds will then be accessible to you.

Dwolla is not party to this matter nor does it have any information or further insight into the situation. We strongly encourages those with questions to contact Mutum Sigillum LLC

We will continue to assist our users to the fullest extent that the law and company resources will allow.

Note: Dwolla requires a court order before honoring requests such as seizing funds or revoking access to an account.

On behalf of Dwolla, we apologize for this inconvenience.
Pages:
Jump to: