Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 180. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
February 05, 2014, 08:44:04 PM
I hope after these events, whatever happens to our coins, MtGox will finally be out of business. The trust is lost completely.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 05, 2014, 08:34:19 PM
I just got Gox email,  they can't give a definite date for resolution:

-----------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the delay in reply. We merged the tickets for a better follow up. We can see that your withdrawal is yet to be processed. The transactions are being re-issued automatically.All BTC are safe ,the transaction will be processed and they are not lost or stolen.We are working to resolve the issue, but at this point we are unable to give a definite date of resolution.Please be advised that BTC on MtGox are not fractional.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

----------------

@MTGOX please prove the bolded statements.  Cheesy
Activity: 56
February 05, 2014, 08:32:54 PM
I just got Gox email,  they can't give a definite date for resolution:

-----------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the delay in reply. We merged the tickets for a better follow up. We can see that your withdrawal is yet to be processed. The transactions are being re-issued automatically.All BTC are safe ,the transaction will be processed and they are not lost or stolen.We are working to resolve the issue, but at this point we are unable to give a definite date of resolution.Please be advised that BTC on MtGox are not fractional.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

----------------
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 05, 2014, 08:31:50 PM
mtgox is healthy i withdrew 10.000 successfully a few days ago

lol new account?  Roll Eyes

Account registered Feb 5th, 2014 lol.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 05, 2014, 08:29:30 PM
And still in "New Year holiday"

"Important Reminder:  Due to the New Year holiday observed by Japanese financial institutions between December 29, 2013 and January 6, 2014, deposits and withdrawals are currently experiencing delays."
That's basic con artist operating procedure. Vary your excuses, pay the mark a little to keep him on the string, and use excuses tied to current events (weather, holidays, political events) when possible.

Mt. Gox has used almost all the classic excuses - government persecution, bank being uncooperative, attacks by others, too much business, technical problems, holidays... It amazes me that anybody is still believing them.

I'm still amazed that no one has sued them. (They don't owe me any money, so I don't have to.)

all con artists use same silent treatment during fall out ignoring their customers.

i cashed out 1.1 bitcoins is that too much to cashout? took mt gox 8 days to cancel the timed out procedure they put it back in mt gox wallet  i resent stuck again got same non snesical response from support working hard to correct procedure and no info of relevant value like will they sent it to wallet again after another 2 weeks so i will be right back were i started. THey made annoncement that this issue of withdrawls getting stuck was limited users and fixed freaking lying bastards.
Activity: 28
February 05, 2014, 08:28:30 PM
mtgox is healthy i withdrew 10.000 successfully a few days ago
Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
February 05, 2014, 08:21:29 PM
This continuing delay for what is most likely a majority of users based on success rates of those who have withdrawn funds in multiple smaller amounts, can in my limited technical understanding only indicates on thing, MtGox is insolvent.  Every technical analysis I have read is extrapolated from past fiascos that hurt bitcoin values short to medium term.  So with that all being the case again now, how much fallout in value and time will the offical statements or information getting out equal.  Also what approach is the best one under the circumstances,  the track they are on of silence or an offical reveal and a plan B scenario usful to the position of the sites users.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
February 05, 2014, 06:58:37 PM

"Important Reminder:  Due to the New Year holiday observed by Japanese financial institutions between December 29, 2013 and January 6, 2014, deposits and withdrawals are currently experiencing delays."
That's basic con artist operating procedure. Vary your excuses, pay the mark a little to keep him on the string, and use excuses tied to current events (weather, holidays, political events) when possible.

Mt. Gox has used almost all the classic excuses - government persecution, bank being uncooperative, attacks by others, too much business, technical problems, holidays... It amazes me that anybody is still believing them.

I'm still amazed that no one has sued them. (They don't owe me any money, so I don't have to.)
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
February 05, 2014, 06:12:29 PM
I had tried to withdraw small sum of BTC 10 minutes ago.

6 withdraw attempts, 0.11 BTC  each

5 got stuck, 1 got through and is confirming

No more: "Invalid bitcoin address, please confirm your input" alert

Light in the tunnel? Hopefully it isn't a choo-choo.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
February 05, 2014, 05:33:05 PM

What are these guys doing to miss this ! Hello any body home !

Humm  Roll Eyes this doesn't look good !  Shocked
Activity: 4
February 05, 2014, 05:13:52 PM

I'm somewhat confident right now that this is a big technical snafu based on old bugs that MtGox hasn't bothered fixing in a while (such as the known coinbase bug and the known duplicate spend bug), but which snowballed now that many people have panicked (like I have) and tried to withdraw.

um.... yeah.... that would be panic that never in a million billion years would have occurred with the teeniest tiniest amount of transparency or explanation as to what was actually going on.... an explanation which we continue to wait for.  Perhaps the secrecy was to avoid looking incompetent and thereby losing the trust of the customers, but the secrecy itself has had the effect of.... yep, you guessed it.  Technical incompetence + customer service incompetence = sinking ship.
Activity: 531
Merit: 505
February 05, 2014, 05:01:41 PM
This doesn't explain why they do not fund fresh new hot wallet with 30k BTC from cold storage and let the withdrawals go.

Unless there is no 30k BTC storage left ...
Elo
Activity: 14
February 05, 2014, 04:51:22 PM
I was able to find my missing transactions in MtGox's feed, and from a cursory investigation, it seems like the sky might not yet be falling. (I.e., the cause might not be MtGox's insolvency, but rather incompetence, which means we might eventually see our Bitcoins.)

It turns out that one of the outputs that MtGox tried to use to produce my transaction was a recently generated coinbase output which is not yet 100 blocks old - not even at this point, let alone hours earlier, when MtGox tried to spend it. Apparently, people are mining to MtGox addresses associated with their accounts, and MtGox tries to spend them after a handful of confirmations rather than 100, which coinbase outputs require.

There might be problems with other previous outputs, but this would definitely cause a transaction to stall.

I'm somewhat confident right now that this is a big technical snafu based on old bugs that MtGox hasn't bothered fixing in a while (such as the known coinbase bug and the known duplicate spend bug), but which snowballed now that many people have panicked (like I have) and tried to withdraw.

Hopefully, I'm right about this, and we'll eventually see our Bitcoins.

It's still gross incompetence and unimaginable customer service, of course.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 05, 2014, 04:40:36 PM
My several btc withdrawals made on Jan. 26 have all been returned to my Gox account so I guess they haven't disappeared entirely. (They didn't refund the withdrawal processing fee).

The skanner.net/mtgox/ site is down pending new API's from Gox.

thegoxreport.com is also down with a notice that it too is being rebuilt awaiting new api's from Gox.

My recent btc withdrawal attempts cannot proceed as Gox appears to be blocking all addresses whether valid or not.

In sum, it appears they are stopping all transfers and trying to start from ground zero which can't be bad since everything attempted previously, failed. A new approach was necessary. However, given their apparent competence levels, I don't think I'll hold my breath awaiting positive results from this latest gambit.

It took since jan 27 until yesterday for mt gox to stop my withdrawl to online wallet . INstead of routing money to my withdrawl request it puts it back in mt gox wallet for 1.1 bitcoin i immediatley try and resend and it gets restuck. developmental team is on drugs and icompetent if not outright thieves. Am  I going to wait another 7 days for them to stop withdrawl transaction procedure as a timout and have them put back in my mt gox and keep rinsing and repeating?
Activity: 4
February 05, 2014, 02:46:30 PM
My several btc withdrawals made on Jan. 26 have all been returned to my Gox account so I guess they haven't disappeared entirely. (They didn't refund the withdrawal processing fee).

The skanner.net/mtgox/ site is down pending new API's from Gox.

thegoxreport.com is also down with a notice that it too is being rebuilt awaiting new api's from Gox.

My recent btc withdrawal attempts cannot proceed as Gox appears to be blocking all addresses whether valid or not.

In sum, it appears they are stopping all transfers and trying to start from ground zero which can't be bad since everything attempted previously, failed. A new approach was necessary. However, given their apparent competence levels, I don't think I'll hold my breath awaiting positive results from this latest gambit.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 05, 2014, 02:40:06 PM
I just did a test withdrawal of 0.1 BTC and I see a brand new bug in the system!

"Invalid bitcoin address, please confirm your input"

I tried this with two perfectly valid addresses, one of which I used successfully to withdraw bitcoin from MtGox in January!

Bug, or feature?  Perhaps an address-2-identity-registry feature flag was prematurely set?  Yifu Guo and the Bitcoin Foundation might know.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
February 05, 2014, 02:35:30 PM
I just did a test withdrawal of 0.1 BTC and I see a brand new bug in the system!

"Invalid bitcoin address, please confirm your input"

I tried this with two perfectly valid addresses, one of which I used successfully to withdraw bitcoin from MtGox in January!
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 05, 2014, 02:25:24 PM
Total speculation follows:

If MTGox is compromised and under coercion, they would not be able to say that they have a gun to their head.

I don't even consider it speculation.  Mark has said pretty plainly that he simply lacks the ability to say almost anything about almost anything, and he's been saying it for some time.  There are a limited number of reasons why this might be the case.

The failure and bad service may be their final gift to the bitcoin community.  If they were operating efficiently, it would be a sweet honeypot.  By operating poorly, it is a sour honeypot.  Folks are fleeing and not so much under fire.

True that.  Just like Lavabit was faced with a tough choice.  Scaring customers away with shitty service is a second-best to just shutting down and trying to make everyone whole.  Of course shutting down and keeping people's money is a different story.

One way or another, anyone entering into just about any Bitcoin related business since about the start of things should have been prepared with a plan of how to deal with significant coercion from any of a number of directions.  It should have been part of any realistic business plan.  If one cannot stand the heat, one should stay out of the kitchen, and that is exactly what I did (as much as possible.)  I've no interest in either being a martyr, snitch, or tool.

FBAR and FATCA compliance to follow.

- edit: slight.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
February 05, 2014, 02:12:52 PM
Tried doing a taint analysis on a successful 2 days' old BTC transfer from MtGox, and found the source which is a kind of a big pool of BTCs:
https://blockchain.info/address/1Facb8QnikfPUoo8WVFnyai3e1Hcov9y8T
Are you saying that 1Facb8QnikfPUoo8WVFnyai3e1Hcov9y8T is controlled by MtGox? There are currently 3274 BTC in that address.
Jump to: