Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 182. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
February 04, 2014, 11:22:47 PM
So their support posted today that they were cancelling the failed withdraws and putting money back into accounts. But they totally lied! They might have cancelled SOME but I still see almost 2000 failed withdraws including my own for 10BTC
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 04, 2014, 08:39:14 PM
i mean this is fucking insanity. 8 days to get it back to my wallet so i can get it right back into stuck mode fuck you gox. WHy didn' they manualy send or resend to address . I paid fees on top of the markup just fuck you to hell gox. I mean its 1.1 bitcoin i paid 1100 for a 900 1.1 coin they charge me for markup don't ship get me stuck for 8 days and restick me after all that.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 04, 2014, 08:13:24 PM
thats really hugely amazing Cool...there are still people (suckerfools who need to be parted from their money??) who are bidding hard earned dollars for  double spent bitcoins at Mt. Helena

wanting to pay  a 120 dollar surcharge for coins they can´t even withdraw Huh?    it can´t get better then that Cheesy
zyk
February 04, 2014, 07:02:26 PM
come on guys now !!!...its futile to withdraw better to sell the Sturle - spread down to negative !

already spent Gox BTC are worthless ! the dollar balance serves at least to pay the laywers fees....ready steady go !

but don´t forget to buy em back at bitstamp Wink
Activity: 10
February 04, 2014, 06:24:57 PM
Still waiting on my ~100 BTC withdrawal.  Their news update says that failed transactions should now be refunded, definitely not the case.
I have the same problem.
I did a withdraw of exact 100 Bitcoins on 28.01.14 and they are still missing. Sad

I got my 100 Bitcoins refunded! (and the fee)

2014/02/04 23:04:23 Cancelled transfer because of timeout: Bitcoin withdraw to ...
Activity: 54
February 04, 2014, 06:20:26 PM
totally panic in Gox right now,thousends withdrawls right now

I think it's more likely that it's everyone who got their accounts credited trying to withdraw again in multiple small amounts.
zyk
February 04, 2014, 06:19:21 PM
yep..mine are not either...not one of six made from the 27 th onwards....but they left the scanner....lost in space now?

the first one crefited back now......the 000.1 fee as well !!! cause I complained here !

OMG thank you Mt. Helena ...everything is going to be alright again !

praising you to get the biggest bitcoin volcano  on earth again m erupting millions of already spent bitcoins out of Marks pocket

Cheesy Wink
legendary
February 04, 2014, 05:36:57 PM
Just now tried to make 4 more BTC withdrawals (less then 1 BTC each).  Two succeeded and two failed.  Success shows up in the blockchain immediately, so you know right away if you are screwed

ty for the pm answer and help much appreciated.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 04, 2014, 04:57:52 PM
Everyone will get scammed

BTC RxIxP 2014
legendary
February 04, 2014, 04:41:23 PM
wtf i looked in mtgox blockchain put in transaction number showed percentage and status not there is nothing did drop again anyone? i sent 3 hours ago i am screwed again ? sen jan 27 got imeou message today and return of 1.1 bicoins sent again 3 hours ago nothing put in transaction number in mt gox scan comes back with nothing had percentages before.

got following

Click

No Info

don' know how to read it anyone help anyone?

progress 19% 444 of 2338 no idea what this means thanks for all the help lolz
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 04, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

What I believe was the root cause of the BTC withdrawal problems has been removed.  It can only get better from here.  But MtGox have a lot of cleaning up to do, because their database of unspent coins contain a lot of coins which have been spent, and may lack a lot of coins (txid:txout references) which are unspent.  If I am right, this is a very complex issue and not easy to clean up.  I'd guess a couple days more of problems until everything is sorted out and accounted for.  I will leave it up to MtGox to disclose the details.

No, it is not a database problem.

What a difference a day few hours makes!  Hehe.

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 04, 2014, 04:31:09 PM
Ah!  So Mt. Gox was doing their accounting from a proprietary database and someone was using said database to pilfer BTC, eh?  No wonder a lot of their staff was let go.
How on earth did you make that up?
It's just a hypothesis.
And a really bad one based on what we already know.

Including the part about letting people go.  MtGox has hired dozens of people lately just to keep up with support.
From here:
  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/did-mt-gox-let-go-of-a-lot-of-staff-today-435864
Why do people make up stuff like that?  Ah, to make even more money on arbitrage, of course.  I forgot.

I thought that just earlier today you said their database was all fucked up and they are working on sorting it out?
Ah, right, you were speculating wildly from there.  I think we should wait for an announcement.  It will be clearer to you then, if you bother to read it.  But I know you well enough to know you aren't going to pay much attention to it, because the truth will be much less interesting than the stories you can make of it. :-)
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 04, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
Just now tried to make 4 more BTC withdrawals (less then 1 BTC each).  Two succeeded and two failed.  Success shows up in the blockchain immediately, so you know right away if you are screwed
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
February 04, 2014, 04:06:06 PM
totally panic in Gox right now,thousends withdrawls right now
Activity: 69
February 04, 2014, 03:53:42 PM
I've just been watching my trade profit at http://tradeli.st/market/mtgox/btc_usd while I sit and wait for MtGox to fix their issues.
Activity: 24
February 04, 2014, 03:53:25 PM
Gox has cost me thousands of dollars (5 digits) in losses over the last year.

All withdrawal attempts have been stalled indefinitely (2-3 months - I eventually gave up and cancelled)

To summarize Gox:

- The only way to withdraw is by buying coin at a $100+ premium and then withdrawing the coin.

- They don's speak the truth.

- They should be prosecuted for fraud.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 04, 2014, 03:50:10 PM
Ah!  So Mt. Gox was doing their accounting from a proprietary database and someone was using said database to pilfer BTC, eh?  No wonder a lot of their staff was let go.
How on earth did you make that up?

It's just a hypothesis, but I forgot to state it as so as is my normal nature.  Here's how it would work:

- Gox keeps their 'hot wallet' as in-house code backed by a database.  It contains spendable outputs and a function which computes the total balance.

- Someone figures out that a lot of the outputs are going to sit in a dusty corner for a long time.  Some purmutation of FILO.  If they were spent covertly and the database not updated, no one would be the wiser...at least for a while.  Since Gox would be expected to maintain a reasonable hot-wallet balance, the dusty outputs could be expected to go unmolested for long periods.  And again, the hot wallet balance would look just fine.

- Occasionally there is a hicup when a missing output is incorporated into a pay-out, but for a long time it is written off to a harmless bug.  The alternative is to actually do work (investigating the code, verifying the database against the source of truth which they probably don't even have code for, etc.)

Including the part about letting people go.  MtGox has hired dozens of people lately just to keep up with support.

From here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/did-mt-gox-let-go-of-a-lot-of-staff-today-435864

I thought that just earlier today you said their database was all fucked up and they are working on sorting it out?

Activity: 10
February 04, 2014, 03:39:35 PM
Still waiting on my ~100 BTC withdrawal.  Their news update says that failed transactions should now be refunded, definitely not the case.
I have the same problem.
I did a withdraw of exact 100 Bitcoins on 28.01.14 and they are still missing. Sad
legendary
February 04, 2014, 03:38:15 PM

my condolences that is truly awful. I never used the mt gox scan before saying 83 of 2500 and the percentage does that mean im 83d in que to get processed?

mine said the same when got the 1.1 bitcoins back due to timeout
Activity: 71
February 04, 2014, 03:33:41 PM
My transaction of 1/26 was refunded to my Gox account last night.  My account shows an "In" transaction dated 2/3 "Cancelled transfer because of timeout: Bitcoin withdraw to 1DQq...."

Three other failed transactions from 1/27 and later are still MIA.   Overall 8 out of twelve transactions of less then 1 BTC succeeded.  4 failed, and 1 returned
Jump to: