Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 181. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 05, 2014, 02:08:49 PM
Tried doing a taint analysis on a successful 2 days' old BTC transfer from MtGox, and found the source which is a kind of a big pool or channel of BTCs probably belonging to MtGox:
https://blockchain.info/address/1Facb8QnikfPUoo8WVFnyai3e1Hcov9y8T

Edit: Some people have spoken about 'dust' in MtGox's common BTC pool, others about how new TX are formed on previous TX's.
It seems like they have a big stock of BTC and a chaotic system with many failed transactions and few ways of isolating all the failed TX coins and pushing them through.
Hence, new failed TX continue to emergence and so on and so on.
MAYBE, they have stopped processing withdrawals ALTOGETHER, to recreate a big pool of BTC and push forward the failed TX. That would permit them to start 'the withdrawal engine' (trading works just fine) all over again in which successfull transactions will be built on top of other successful transactions (= no more failed TX).
Otherwise I cannot see why BTC withdrawal would be disabled for everyone?
Activity: 42
February 05, 2014, 12:45:24 PM
my guess is SEPA queue must be somewhere end of December now, my withdrawal from Jan 2nd is still in confirmed status. will post again when it is pending/processed (hopefully next week).

I'll be really curious then, when they're going to reach the 2nd of Jan... Keep us updated!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
February 05, 2014, 11:44:18 AM
my guess is SEPA queue must be somewhere end of December now, my withdrawal from Jan 2nd is still in confirmed status. will post again when it is pending/processed (hopefully next week).
Activity: 42
February 05, 2014, 11:34:29 AM
SEPA withdrawal 27-01-14: status confirmed, but actually nothing is happening. According to what I read here I'll have to wait at least 3 more weeks, but chances are I'll have to wait to hell freezing over.

Just be patient. We have yet to see a case where a SEPA was lost completely. They do take a ridiculous amount of time, because of daily limits (plus they're handling the backlog, AFAIK they're doing transactions from the beginning of January nowdays), but eventually, they do arrive.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
February 05, 2014, 11:30:08 AM
Total speculation follows:

If MTGox is compromised and under coercion, they would not be able to say that they have a gun to their head.  The failure and bad service may be their final gift to the bitcoin community.  If they were operating efficiently, it would be a sweet honeypot.  By operating poorly, it is a sour honeypot.  Folks are fleeing and not so much under fire.

FBAR and FATCA compliance to follow.
Activity: 2
February 05, 2014, 11:11:55 AM
My first contribution to this board. Have been reading about Scamgox a lot, just thought to give some input now.
SEPA withdrawal 27-01-14: status confirmed, but actually nothing is happening. According to what I read here I'll have to wait at least 3 more weeks, but chances are I'll have to wait to hell freezing over.
BTC withdrawals: 2 withdrawals came through (oh wow, felt like winning the lottery), 3d. (4 days ago) is still in a wormhole, 4th. can't even get processed because of invalid BTC-address. WTF, I've used this address before, it's in their database. Another address also not working.

So first they prevent us from withdrawing cash, now it's coins also. For a couple of weeks I thought (hoped actually) that Gox was "only" facing major logistic problems, that would take some time to solve. Now I actually think a final meltdown of Gox is ahead of us.

What I do know is that at least one staff member has been let off (or he was smart enough to count his blessings and fled from the evil Gox). At this moment I am not in the position to disclose the proof of this, but I know it is the truth. On their defence I have to say that the departed staff member has been replaced. I do not know if the new one already was part of the team or that they employed someone from outside.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 05, 2014, 11:04:35 AM
Your BTC and your $ are most likely gone.

I agree. Sad but true.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 05, 2014, 10:48:04 AM
FONZIE TROLL thats like the third time you have trolled the same thing placed you on ignore please gtf out you low life ty.
February 05, 2014, 10:41:17 AM
Any bitcoin withdrawal address entered now is considered invalid address, brilliant  Grin

Problem with failed TX solved. If there is no TX, it can´t go wrong. Easy. Cool
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
February 05, 2014, 10:37:28 AM
Any bitcoin withdrawal address entered now is considered invalid address, brilliant  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 05, 2014, 08:38:34 AM
My 10BTC have been stuck for 3 days (one of the over 3000 transactions).
So as mine it is only 2 1/2 days but they lie in their support page mentionning that all have been refunded!!
The support page does not mention for how long a transaction must have been waiting until it is considered stuck.  I think it is a week currently, but have asked someone at MtGox support to specify it in the support page to avoid confusion and the spread of panic.
February 05, 2014, 08:27:40 AM
Your BTC and your $ are most likely gone.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2027
February 05, 2014, 07:54:12 AM
Looks like the broken transactions have been increasing through the day and their statement that they have "returned all the BTC to accounts" has turned out to be a lie.

Here is where the claim to have returned all coins: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/26128504-Update-Statement-Regarding-BTC-Withdrawal-Delays

Here is the list of broken transactions: http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

Hi,
I'm trying to track a failed transaction I requested yesterday, but the skanner.net site is not working to me: on the upper left corner I read "Access denied for user ''@'10.X.X.X' (using password: NO)" and the transactions list is empty. What does that mean? How can I check my transaction status?

Thank you
copper member
Activity: 80
February 05, 2014, 07:01:02 AM
Looks like the broken transactions have been increasing through the day and their statement that they have "returned all the BTC to accounts" has turned out to be a lie.

Here is where the claim to have returned all coins: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/26128504-Update-Statement-Regarding-BTC-Withdrawal-Delays

So as mine it is only 2 1/2 days but they lie in their support page mentionning that all have been refunded!!
Activity: 56
February 05, 2014, 06:53:11 AM
Hi everyone,
I did also a withdrawal couple of days ago, for 58 btc's and still nothing
what can I do Please?
What do you suggest?
Help needed please
thank you

we are preparing a law suit, PM me if interested, we will share expenses
copper member
Activity: 80
February 05, 2014, 06:49:01 AM
Hi everyone,
I did also a withdrawal couple of days ago, for 58 btc's and still nothing
what can I do Please?
What do you suggest?
Help needed please
thank you
Activity: 40
February 05, 2014, 06:30:36 AM

Activity: 700
February 05, 2014, 02:37:42 AM
Got my USD refunded back to my account. Bought some BTC and now going to try and withdraw again for the last time.

Edit: Darn looks like my luck ran out. This one wasn't instant and it was my smallest withdrawal so far. Oh well. 9/10 instants  Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 05, 2014, 01:07:36 AM
I've been able to withdraw to a previously used address but failed sending to a new one, probably just coincidence but throwing it out there.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
February 04, 2014, 11:46:44 PM
So their support posted today that they were cancelling the failed withdraws and putting money back into accounts. But they totally lied! They might have cancelled SOME but I still see almost 2000 failed withdraws including my own for 10BTC

Me too... still waiting for my BTC 4

Seems like they are running Fractional Reserve Bitcoin Banking. They return your bitcoin and tell you that you still have your bitcoin but the fact they lend or sold your bitcoin. And now they caught into bank run.
Jump to: