Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 5. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
May 06, 2018, 02:46:06 PM
I will start with the fact that today there are no 100% safe systems and in general it is not good, but the person is not perfect, although from which side to look at it, because nature has very much tried to make us live today. Therefore, MEW can not be protected 100%
in the first place problems with this etherium purse appear due to the user's inattention. But this is no longer the fault of the entire ethery of the wallet. Although safety must be taken care of all the time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
May 06, 2018, 02:36:06 PM
I will start with the fact that today there are no 100% safe systems and in general it is not good, but the person is not perfect, although from which side to look at it, because nature has very much tried to make us live today. Therefore, MEW can not be protected 100%
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 06, 2018, 02:31:57 PM
The user interface of MyEtherWallet is fairly simple in design and is easy enough for beginners to get to the hang of. Creating an account is quick and easy, and the user is reminded to save his or her keystore file before opening the wallet.
Activity: 252
Merit: 22
Marketplace for sensor data
May 06, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
1 vote from me for Metamask. For now it seem like the safest way to access to your MEW while MEW DNS is being hacked and a lot of MEW users lost their token because of hacker.
If you still use your private key to access to your MEW, I think you should ready to see your wallet will empty very soon
Activity: 132
May 06, 2018, 02:21:12 PM
Each and every of these listed methods are security measures that work, but if choosing how to guard your investment then you'd better settle for the best and in this case the best is through meta-mask. with meta mask you don't have to directly log into your account  hence reducing the chances of getting hacked. Meta mask provides an extra layer of security to your wallet helping hide your private details and making it impossible for hackers to obtain them,, Using Keystone file is just as effective, just that you still need the physical Password click ins to access your wallet. which exposes your wallet in the process.
Activity: 114
May 06, 2018, 02:03:53 PM
which I know when I'm in the world of crypto for the first time, I can use my private key to get into MEW. so far i do not know what is a keystone file and connect metamask. i want someone help explain to me about this problem.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
Activity: 283
April 30, 2018, 09:30:35 PM
tips for keeping myetherwallet account safe:
1. Do not give the private key to someone else.
2. Do not store Private key or your wallet account information in google drive, dropbox or other online storage media.
3. Never insert a private key into a website other than MEW.
4. Always check authenticity MEW web address, it could be a web phishing that has a web look similar to mew.
5. Copy your Private Key to Multiple Flashdiscks in different locations, for example 1 flashdisck you keep at home, 1 again in the closet, 1 again in your house and place different places but still safe from the bad guys.
Activity: 65
April 28, 2018, 08:56:20 AM
I seen many member here suggesting to use MetaMask.
Using MetaMask are more secure yes, if you are not familiar with it, there is any instruction about how to connect your MEW to MetaMask https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/migration/moving-from-private-key-to-metamask.html
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"
April 26, 2018, 03:51:47 PM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

of these three options, the best metamask, and in General it is better to think about purchasing a hardware wallet, it is much more reliable of all options.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
April 26, 2018, 10:31:17 AM
After Ian Balina was hacked I really start thinking of reviewing my security settings. I've found a good article which describes the best tips how to secure your ctypro savings:
https://hackernoon.com/ten-hacker-proof-steps-to-secure-your-crypto-assets-b564fe938e8
So now I'm thinkg of buying a Ledger, as it's the best way of storing coins.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 26, 2018, 10:24:02 AM
the safest is MetaMask my friend.
but if you have much money, i recommendly buy Nano S, it's very good to safe your balance
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
April 26, 2018, 10:21:59 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Keystone file + metamask will be much better,as the hacker will need to get your keystone to open your wallet,plus the metamask extension encrypts your private keys whenever you are doing transaction in some DEX or decentralized exchanges like etherdelta,forkedelta,idex so forth and so on,but it will be much better if you are using these two powerful things together with a hardwallet so that there will be no reason for your wallet to get hack.
Activity: 238
April 26, 2018, 10:15:14 AM
Most of the time I use the private key to login to my account and till now I have not faced any difficulty with My Ether Wallet as I have bookmarked the website and I never type and open it and because of that I am safe. I have listened that many people accounts are getting hacked so it's better to have security with your accounts.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
April 26, 2018, 10:05:07 AM
For a long time the project MyEtherWallet did not give up its positions and still does not pass because the hacking of DNS servers does not belong to the hacking of the project itself, it seems to me impossible to say that the substitution of DNS services as it was reflected in the project itself, still users are a big vulnerability, so there's no need to talk about hacking MEW.
Activity: 616
Merit: 23
April 26, 2018, 10:02:41 AM
The safest among this 3 is the metamask it can secured all your token and also detect malicious website by that you can ensure better security of your funds. Metamask is a user friendly interface also you can download a plugin on google store for easy use to safe login.

Hi, I read your post buy a my friend said me that the issue is also for who uses Metamask, because of it depends by a redirect at the moment of uploading keystore file or digit password... I hope it's not real and you are right!
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
April 26, 2018, 10:00:49 AM
Out of the three options:
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Metamask

... private key is less secure, if your machine is infected with a trojan virus - it most likely steal your private key. I prefer keeping the "Keystore Json File" on a separate USB flash card and encrypt it with a password. Also I understand, that Ledger Nano S may be somewhat expensive - but it gives you an extra layer of security.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 03:49:25 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
I've been using the private key for a long time to manage my wallets. I have not experienced any problems with this, but I store private keys in an encrypted file. In my opinion, you can use any method of entering your wallet, if you observe the necessary security measures.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
April 08, 2018, 03:11:13 PM
I'l recommend you use keystone and metamask. Private key can be unsafe, I lost my first coins from wallet coz of stolen private key. So be safe and good luck.

Wow. such a good advice dont you think so? Came on, why dont you invest $100 and buy a ledger wallet? it is the most safest thing that you can do. Metamask is just an interface, it is not a good way to store all your wealth. Just buy a hardware wallet if you want to protect your money.
Activity: 627
Merit: 250
The Pope Of Dope
April 08, 2018, 03:08:51 PM
I'l recommend you use keystone and metamask. Private key can be unsafe, I lost my first coins from wallet coz of stolen private key. So be safe and good luck.
Pages:
Jump to: