Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 4. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 839
Merit: 500
May 17, 2018, 12:40:21 AM
If you have significant crypto assets, like a paycheck or more, I'd suggest using a hardware wallet to access MEW. Just make sure to buy from the manufacturer, too many stories going around of third-party retailers scamming people.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 12:23:21 AM
I believe the safest one is the keystore file. Though all of them are safe it's just their vulnerability to hackers have different levels of difficulty. Just be cautious on the websites you're visiting to avoid the risk og getting hacked.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
May 16, 2018, 05:07:01 AM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Actually all three of them I think safe even more so if you have instilled security in your browser. so, basically I think. security issues, we ourselves must create, be it prevention on the PC and the browser itself. always try to use a good antivirus and internet security.
Activity: 86
May 13, 2018, 07:51:28 AM
Myetherwallet is an open source web wallet. The application is convenient and simple. The only thing to note is that the computer browser you are using is safe, avoid being phished, get your key, and be stolen.
Activity: 137
May 12, 2018, 07:24:50 PM
I think if you are not using or dont have metamask, endeavour to triple check your URL link and see it is the correct one before inputting your private key so that you don't get phished by hackers or scammers. Stay safe.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 07:19:38 PM
My etherwallet has a  wide range of security options to offer. Users have a great deal of flexibility when it comes to how they can access their wallets.your account is secured with a password and a private key, which is generated upon opening an account. It’s highly recommended that you make a backup of your private key. Whatever you do, don’t store this sensitive information on your computer. Instead, consider paper or a secure external device.
Activity: 486
Merit: 100
May 12, 2018, 07:03:46 PM
Currently, logging into MEW via private keys and JSON files has not been recommended because many phishing sites use MEW to steal user information. For security reasons, you should connect with a hardware wallet or metamask to secure your login with MEW wallet. Do bookmark websites to avoid visiting counterfeit websites.
Activity: 209
May 12, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Bitcoin is a crypto currency and well known as digital money, which many hackers are interesting into, instead for them to work, rather stilling and we need extremely careful in the sense that, we need to applied strong password.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
May 12, 2018, 06:59:12 PM
if we use myetherwallet to store eth we should we avoid the use of passkey directly because it could be known by others if we get the phishing so better use metamask to go to mew
Activity: 238
May 12, 2018, 06:54:57 PM
The MyetherWallet private key are only generate once, and it can not be change after it has been created private key login, and that is more reason why it most been saved at a good place.

Activity: 476
May 12, 2018, 12:55:54 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Whatever key you are using is it really need for you to be careful enough not to misplace and put your key on somewhere else. Never give it to anyone as it is your life. All the coins you have invested are all there. You have to be careful at all times as there are scammers everywhere.
Activity: 173
May 12, 2018, 07:04:24 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
initially, I login to MEW using private key, to prevent things that are not desirable, i switch to using metamask. because this is the simplest and safest way to log in and use MEW, by integrating MEW with MetaMask with just one click; Connect to MetaMask
Activity: 137
Merit: 11
May 12, 2018, 06:58:26 AM
Logging in using keystore/json file is not a recommended action to access your MyEtherWallet,using json file is the same as entering your private key, if you want only to view your token balances and recent transaction use
ETH (https://etherscan.io)
Tokens (Ethplorer.io)

Use metamask and transfer all your balance in that browser extension. Here's how
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/migration/moving-from-private-key-to-metamask.html. Logging in using metamask allows you to access your wallet quickly, safely & easily. It is more secure because you never enter your private key on a website. It protects you from phishing & malicious websites.

Also install MyEtherWallet to easily browse you eth Addresses.
Activity: 22
May 12, 2018, 06:41:35 AM
While most of people recommend using Metamask , I always use Keystore File I am just comfortable using it .
Activity: 26
May 08, 2018, 12:30:30 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

private key. i usually use private key, thats doing for lone time. but the thing is you have to keep that private key is a safe place. if its stolen your funds will lost. print the paper and keep
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
May 06, 2018, 06:09:11 PM
I think the safest way to use MEW is through Keystore / JSON file, or MetaMask / Mist. I really hope that very soon this wallet will make the most secure, although this wallet will still be a tidbit for hackers and scammers.
Activity: 472
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
May 06, 2018, 05:55:41 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

The best think you can do is store the coins in a hardware wallet like Nano S.
About MEW, the best is Metamask, of course and the worst is private key.
Activity: 1586
Merit: 271
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
May 06, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I think using metamask is the safest way, because login with metamask does not keep our private key disturbed. Keystone File is also safe for us to enter in MEW, but it is possible to be deleted. It would be nice to backup all the data.
Activity: 2184
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 06, 2018, 05:21:49 PM
The best and safest way to login MyEtherWallet is to use Keystore File/Json file to login. Keystore file is very highly encrypted and its very hard to decrypt it requires password to decrypt and always check the url before putting any key and login through private key is  the most dangerous way to login MEW.
Activity: 107
May 06, 2018, 03:24:35 PM
based on experience, open MEW more securely on the web and official websites. if you can recommend using Metamask because not every MEW is safe, as long as we are careful and always cautious with using good security in my opinion will avoid piracy
Pages:
Jump to: