Pages:
Author

Topic: New Bitsumo.com - Buy Online With Bitcoins - page 2. (Read 26138 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250
A fast question, the service is only usa-usa or it can be also usa-eu eu-eu?
I do not want bad surprises you know  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Just placed an order last night, waiting on the payment address (:

Pretty excited to see how this works out.

Hi Dev Smiley,
   We were having some connectivity issues and I am just now catching up with orders, please expect your pricing within 24 hours and please accept my apologies for the delay Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Just placed an order last night, waiting on the payment address (:

Pretty excited to see how this works out.
legendary
February 14, 2014, 02:19:36 PM
Ordered some snowboarding stuff from amazon using Bitsumo, excellent service, would use again!

Only issue I had was: the first store I attempted to use wouldn't accept foreign payment (from bitsumo) to my UK address. Can't do much about that right now I guess...

just thought though, maybe the customer could phone the store in advance and give them a heads-up on the transaction, let them know the payments coming from a payment processor and items being delivered elsewhere?

Some foreign stores refuse to take U.S. payment methods and to ship those products anywhere other than the U.S., others take the payment method and freeze the orders for weeks on end so we have a list of stores where we know transactions will fail and go through internationally. We generally encourage customers abroad to stick with regional Amazon stores as those are never a problem but we have ordered stuff from a bunch of foreign stores for shipping abroad as well.
Activity: 406
February 13, 2014, 11:29:37 PM
Can't bitsumo just mark it as a gift and provide the ship to address?
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
February 13, 2014, 07:47:21 PM
Ordered some snowboarding stuff from amazon using Bitsumo, excellent service, would use again!

Only issue I had was: the first store I attempted to use wouldn't accept foreign payment (from bitsumo) to my UK address. Can't do much about that right now I guess...

just thought though, maybe the customer could phone the store in advance and give them a heads-up on the transaction, let them know the payments coming from a payment processor and items being delivered elsewhere?
February 10, 2014, 06:33:04 PM
Announcement

PayPal seems to haven taken issue with our business model so we will no longer be processing orders for items that require PayPal as the sole payment method; the biggest issue here being Ebay. Stores that have PayPal but allow us to pay via an alternative payment method, such as credit card through a different processor are not a problem.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Why can't you just use a new completely unrelated paypal account under the identity of a trusted employee or co-owner? Or something. No paypal is really a deal-breaker.

Hey Recat,
   Because from the way PayPal operates, they will eventually just freeze that account and all funds associated for as long as they feel like it. It's not worth the aggravation and will present net losses to our operating reserves.

It was a tough decision but it is the best way to safeguard our operating capital. As you know, we do not rely on customer funds to place orders; if we had an account frozen by PayPal with significant funds in it that would present us with the option of shutting down or operating with customer funds which is very risky and I suspect one of the core reason for the Bitspend fiasco.

It's a decision designed to both safeguard us and our customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Okay, another question, then.

What prevents you from using arbitrary funded credit cards through paypal, but as paypal guest (hence unassociated to an eBay or paypal account) to order all items that require paypal?

This question cuts more into operations matters than I am allowed to get into, but let me say that it's not that easy to get new cards on accounts. Prepaids do not exist in Bolivia (where we are based). We will be exploring all options to get over this issue.

JFYI only about 10% of our transactions are PayPal so this should not be a big deal for most customers.

Pablo.

Oh, alright.

I just have noticed that I've had success ordering on eBay as a PayPal guest, even if my eBay account is linked to the PayPal that is linked to the credit card that I used.

So, It seems to me that just logging out and using it as a guest, even if it's the same credit card, works just fine. It's just that you can't track items as good as you could otherwise. (you can't check the Purchased Items list since there's no account to look at)
legendary
February 10, 2014, 05:27:07 PM
Announcement

PayPal seems to haven taken issue with our business model so we will no longer be processing orders for items that require PayPal as the sole payment method; the biggest issue here being Ebay. Stores that have PayPal but allow us to pay via an alternative payment method, such as credit card through a different processor are not a problem.

Pablo.

Why can't you just use a new completely unrelated paypal account under the identity of a trusted employee or co-owner? Or something. No paypal is really a deal-breaker.

Hey Recat,
   Because from the way PayPal operates, they will eventually just freeze that account and all funds associated for as long as they feel like it. It's not worth the aggravation and will present net losses to our operating reserves.

It was a tough decision but it is the best way to safeguard our operating capital. As you know, we do not rely on customer funds to place orders; if we had an account frozen by PayPal with significant funds in it that would present us with the option of shutting down or operating with customer funds which is very risky and I suspect one of the core reason for the Bitspend fiasco.

Pablo.

What prevents you from using arbitrary funded credit cards through paypal, but as paypal guest (hence unassociated to an eBay or paypal account) to order all items that require paypal?

This question cuts more into operations matters than I am allowed to get into, but let me say that it's not that easy to get new cards on accounts. Prepaids do not exist in Bolivia (where we are based). We will be exploring all options to get over this issue.

JFYI only about 10% of our transactions are PayPal so this should not be a big deal for most customers.

Pablo.
February 10, 2014, 05:16:52 PM
Announcement

Pablo.

Hey Recat,

Pablo.

legendary
February 10, 2014, 04:23:54 PM
Announcement

Pablo.

Hey Recat,

Pablo.
February 10, 2014, 04:18:01 PM
Announcement

Pablo.

legendary
February 10, 2014, 03:42:08 PM
Announcement

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 353
February 04, 2014, 10:24:39 AM
The service is still active?
Activity: 266
Ordered a phone off ebay with bitsumo. I have to say, I'm impressed. He is extremely fast in forwarding me the information as soon as he gets it. Had no problems on my end.

I do wish, however, that the fee was a little lower. It starts to get expensive for higher priced items. Snapcard just lowered theirs to 1% this month, but I understand that bitsumo is newer and will take some time. Great service Pablo!
legendary
All Set!

Our new card just arrived so we are good to start taking orders again as normal; feel free to submit your new orders and we will take care of them same day as usual Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Hasn't been any replies for a while. Is this service still running and performing well?

Hi Smiley,
  We are working full steam ahead :=).

We did run into a small inconvenience last week when one of our main credit cards was cloned, so until early next week when we receive our replacement card, we can only place PayPal orders. After we receive our new card we will be placing credit card orders as normal again :=).

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.
Cloned? Wow. ouch.

Good to see you're still up, didn't get bitspend'd!

I maintain that what happened with Bitspend was a long con. We got whacked for 10k in fraud on our card but the bank reverses all fraudulent transactions and returns the money within 72 hours. The only reason we are not doing CC orders right now is not lack of funds but rather that we have to wait for the physical card to be issued.

Also, we do not use customer funds to place orders, we have a high daily operating reserve so even if the 10k were not returned to us, we would take a hit but we could return all customer monies.

I hope that makes sense, please let me know if you need anything at all :=).

Pablo.
Hasn't been any replies for a while. Is this service still running and performing well?

Hi Smiley,

We did run into a small inconvenience last week when one of our main credit cards was cloned, so until early next week when we receive our replacement card, we can only place PayPal orders. After we receive our new card we will be placing credit card orders as normal again :=).

Pablo.
Cloned? Wow. ouch.

Good to see you're still up, didn't get bitspend'd!
legendary

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.
Activity: 266
Pages:
Jump to: