Pages:
Author

Topic: New Bitsumo.com - Buy Online With Bitcoins - page 6. (Read 26138 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Announcement

I have been debating whether posting about this on the main Bitsumo thread would be appropriate but I have come to the conclusion that the more participation we can gain from the community the better and that the best partners will be the people who know us best, our customers.

We are currently offering 25% real equity in Bitsumo in an effort to raise 15k USD to sustain our continued growth and constant inflow of new customers. When I originally acquired Bitsumo from the developer, I had no doubt that we could build a successful business around it, but it has taken me by surpirse, as well as others involved in the day to day operations of Bitsumo, how quickly our order volume and customer base has grown. During August alone our order volume increased by 225%. We have done this strictly by word of mouth and with 0 advertising.

We aim to recruit community investors who wish to become involved in the early days of what will likely be a cornerstone Bitcoin business in the years to come, the facilitation of Bitcoin commerce itself. As I just said, we are still in the early days, but Bitsumo growth has proven that a successful business can be quickly built through hard work, and a dedication to customer service.

We are working to raise funds through the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281692.0; 100% of funds will go to fund Bitsumo operations and to begin advertising now that the Beta phase is coming to an end. If anyone wishes to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pablo.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Used for the first time yesterday, great guy. Responded within 15 minutes to my order and it was all completed within 45. Incredible speed for this kind of thing.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Just wanted to issue praise again.  I ordered something worth ~$1900 and received it in 4 days.  Pablo is very attentive and willing to do whatever it takes to make an order. I will use again, it's a lot easier than getting $ out of MtGox  Cheesy

Thanks Pablo!
Activity: 267
I just want to note that this is a great service. I can always count on quick responses to my emails and get tracking numbers extremely quick. I'm impressed that all this can be done with so little fees.

Keep it up!
legendary
Announcement

Friends,
   Because of recent developments in the U.S., we will no longer be serving orders for gift cards of ANY amount. We will limit our sales to purchases of physical and digital items. We are happy to serve your orders for these items regardless of their complexity.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
I am glad BitSumo is located outside the US, otherwise they would have been taken down as well as with all other US based Bitcoin Businesses, because of the dumb "Money Laundering" laws.

Financial privacy should not be a crime.

I am glad BitSumo is located outside the US, otherwise they would have been taken down as well as with all other US based Bitcoin Businesses, because of the dumb "Money Laundering" laws.

To be fair, although we are an offshore corporation, we bank through the U.S. and we pay U.S. taxes on U.S. sales, because it's the cheapest way to move money, we couldn't do business if we had to wire money to Bolivia all the time. I know there is some hesitance about this given the Bitspend fiasco, but I think that at this point, the most likely scenario with them is that they just took the money and ran and that the whole "The bank froze our money" thing was a scam. The U.S. has pretty tight financial protection laws for banking customers and I have a hard time believing that story. If it had been PayPal, yes, then it would be totally believable as they are not under banking laws, but I really don't believe it about a bank doing that in that way. If we look at other businesses who have had issues with banks, their accounts are closed, but the monies are always returned. In my opinion, Bitspend just ran for it.

Pablo.

Although, how much would they really have in orders at any given time? Surely not enough to run with the money.

Um, I vehemently disagree. From our own experience and given Bitspends size, I estimate they had several hundred thousand in orders at all times. I'm guesstimating here but that seems perfectly reasonable to me from what I have seen. Now whether that is "run away with it money" for everyone, it certainly is not, but it sure is for most people.

I'll end my speculation on Bitspend here, we really don't have a corporate position regarding that issue and i have only been expressing my personal opinions on that subject here.

Smiley

Pablo.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
Nice to see the business is still thriving. Always good support & always eager to help with any issues with orders. Great service.
legendary

To be fair, although we are an offshore corporation, we bank through the U.S. and we pay U.S. taxes on U.S. sales, because it's the cheapest way to move money, we couldn't do business if we had to wire money to Bolivia all the time. I know there is some hesitance about this given the Bitspend fiasco, but I think that at this point, the most likely scenario with them is that they just took the money and ran and that the whole "The bank froze our money" thing was a scam. The U.S. has pretty tight financial protection laws for banking customers and I have a hard time believing that story. If it had been PayPal, yes, then it would be totally believable as they are not under banking laws, but I really don't believe it about a bank doing that in that way. If we look at other businesses who have had issues with banks, their accounts are closed, but the monies are always returned. In my opinion, Bitspend just ran for it.

Pablo.
Activity: 406
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Don't be hesitant to make business with Pablo (Bitsumo.com)!!!! I was hesitant about it being located out of the USA, but I'm glad I tried it out! The customer support I received was phenomenal (20 minutes later ON A SUNDAY, I got a response, and we resolved an issue with my order!), and after I submitted my order (ON A SUNDAY MORNING, AGAIN!!!!), it was completed within half an hour! I was very impressed! Even when Bitspend was up (where I used to take my business), they would only process orders Monday-Friday, and I wouldn't get tracking information either! I'm glad I took the chance ($75 in Bitcoins for an Amazon giftcard.) Fee's are great ($70 order + $4.50 in fees), and speed was awesome, again, especially on Sunday! WILL CERTAINLY buy from again, even if Bitspend comes back online, because of how satisfied I am! Smiley
legendary
Do you have a maximum limit for orders?

Thanks-

Hi Smiley,
  No we don't, our record so far for a single order is around 10k but if you plan on making a large order it may take us a few days to process it while money cycles through our accounts.

Please let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Just ordered again from Bitsumo, this guy must never sleep!

One thing I would like to gripe about is the fee. I ordered just some thermal paste, and the fee was half the price of the paste itself.  Undecided

Hey Smiley,
    It's an issue of volume. We normally use international cards and these cards have set fees plus a percentage when used outside of the country where they have been issued (Not the U.S.). When ordering very small items, like a few dollars worth, yes, the 3 USD fee can seem like a lot; but in the end it's the only way we can be a dollar ahead of break even. We are working to move our account over to a Bitcoin friendly bank and hopefully their cards won't have these fees.

Please don't think we are profiteering or taking advantage of the Bitspend fiasco, this is really a boutique business, we don't even run advertising; we are trying to scale up slowly and focus on customer service Smiley.

Please let me know if I may be of any service Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks for the explanation. I probably should have ordered the Arctic Cooling MX-4 thermal paste with my previous order, but I hadn't thought of it.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Do you have a maximum limit for orders?

Thanks-
legendary
Announcement

Our new card has arrived!

We are catching up with back orders now, feel free to submit new orders, same day processing Smiley.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Pablo.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Just ordered again from Bitsumo, this guy must never sleep!

One thing I would like to gripe about is the fee. I ordered just some thermal paste, and the fee was half the price of the paste itself.  Undecided
Thanks. Feel free to post it here as to inform others of the option, be it available.
legendary
I do not have the money right now. I was just asking to know if it can be done in the future.

It's just a regular T-Mobile Cellphone plan. Since that is my favourite carrier in the US.

I'll have to look into it, I've never signed up for a prepay plan in the U.S. so I'm not sure what's involved. Most likely not because it's a subscription. I'll drop you an email if it's possible after I have looked into it; I would be very happy to make that work for you Smiley.

Pablo.
I do not have the money right now. I was just asking to know if it can be done in the future.

It's just a regular T-Mobile Cellphone plan. Since that is my favourite carrier in the US.
legendary
I have a question.

Is it possible by any means for me to pay in BTC, and have you get a T-Mobile Account in the US and send me the SIM-CARD for that account, where I pay you the bill monthly in BTC and you pay the account?

Hey Recat Smiley,
    We generally don't do subscriptions. Email me the link to the service you want to do and I'll look into it.

Pablo.
I have a question.

Is it possible by any means for me to pay in BTC, and have you get a T-Mobile Account in the US and send me the SIM-CARD for that account, where I pay you the bill monthly in BTC and you pay the account?
Pages:
Jump to: