Pages:
Author

Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC - page 10. (Read 21866 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
February 02, 2013, 03:09:00 AM
Well if ths was real and my BTC refund money could be reapplied to getting one of these(for damn sure)... I would take that offer =)
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2013, 01:52:57 AM
Quote from: Boi qaaf
This is Bruno (will confirm in a sec by replying to post). I created this account mainly for the sole purpose as a character to interact in this game: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/game-bas-satoshi-121306

If I don't get out ASAP, I will fire up Nikki the Bitch and raise all kinds of hell provided, of course, theymos didn't permanently ban her (which I think he did).  

~Bruno~

Cute gimmick Phinn.

The Can Electric ToS lists NY as the relevant jurisdiction - which is kind of curious for a Canadian company based in Iraq.  It's not so curious if this is some bullshit move to try make people think someone new is in charge of bASIC, though.

Why isn't the Canadian phone number for the real Can Electric listed on the site?  Are they just hoping that no-one's going to phone the Iraq number?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 02, 2013, 01:50:49 AM
^ Finally! At least they now have somebody to maintain the sanity. You rock, Bo!
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
February 02, 2013, 01:46:48 AM
Hello, everybody. I'm Boi, but you can call me Bo. I'm am the new PR guy at Can Electric. We have graet things in th work, with a few serprices to bout. so Stay tuned!

regards,,

Bo

SP: To prove me reel, here an funy image of my cat slepping.

Activity: 234
Merit: 105
February 02, 2013, 01:28:39 AM
What the f*&$ Shocked this is the strangest thing I've ever been tangentially related to. Who has my ~250 BTC and who the h#$% is Can-Electric and if it is anywhere near for real, will my so-called "pre-order" be honored? I swear this is starting to feel like a strange novel with me as one of the characters.
February 02, 2013, 01:25:25 AM

They need to reveal who the parent company is...Lets hope it is real  Undecided

Technically they have.  But the only Can Electric people can find is a Canadian electricity company whose physical address is in Iraq.  I certainly can't find any "huge electronics corporation" by that name.  No-one's going to buy it without employee names and proper contact numbers.  Corporate employees are not anonymous.  You should be able to phone Can-Electric and ask to speak to Joe in the technology division.

They should be linking back to the parent company's website and doing everything possible to establish their bona fides.  So far, all they're doing is throwing up huge red flags of the kind which make people wonder if Tom himself is posting all this shit in an attempt to rebrand the project without people knowing he's involved.

Edit.  They are, indeed, claiming to be the Canadian electricity company (not "huge electronics corporation") based in Iraq.

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/contact

HardCopy is apparently a trademark of Altera and their fabrication is done by TSMC which does own TSMC Design Technology Canada but if you were associated with TSMC you'd be shouting it from the rooftops and not giving some obscure Iranian contact address and phone number.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 02, 2013, 01:24:30 AM
I am really hoping this is real.  Grammar and spelling aside the jist of the post rings true for me.  The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable for a newb like me!  Add to that the absolute trainwrek PR and customer service shown by the current players and I feel like this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

Hey man, I think you might have a viable lawsuit on your hands if you were forced to purchase something.  Did they use a gun or a knife or something?  Was your family being held hostage until you ordered?  If you were forced into ordering something, it's under duress and you aren't liable for any contract you signed.  You should definitely consult a lawyer, I think you have a case!

BTW - just out of curiosity, which vendor(s) forced you to order?

More PR Genius...hollow threats of lawsuits to your customers...priceless...lol

God i hope it is true...BFL and your style are yesterday's news... whether it is true or not at some stage a real company is going to get involved and you PR Insights will be heard no more... Cheesy

February 02, 2013, 01:00:09 AM
The only Can Electric I can find is this company, whose physical address is listed as Iraq.  

http://www.canelectric.ca/index.php/contact-us

It's going to take a lot more than a claim on the old bASIC website to convince me that a reputable company has bought Tom out and is offering new products.  Not buying it until they post the kind of contact details which would allow one to ring the main switchboard of the company on the number in the phone book and get put through to a specific person in a specific division.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
February 02, 2013, 12:57:59 AM
Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566
Is this a "Canadian" company?
legendary
February 02, 2013, 12:51:30 AM
Well that certainly got tidied up.

CAN-ELECTRIC is here to offer you the Ehasher the next generation Bitcoin mining hardware that offers significant improvements from GPU-based and traditional FPGA based mining rigs and leaves the competition far behind in terms of enterprise level FPGA Hard Copy, PCB fabrication, Device Assembly, Customer Support, as well as our own enterprise level shipping department with in house logistics center that no competitor can hope to match.

Our FPGA Hard Copy process, PCB fab and Electrical unit Assembly takes place ENTIRELY In-House, giving us an incredible advantage over our competitors.

100 Gh/s    50 Gh/s
          1899.99      $999.99

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/

I like their two products already:

I'm going get the one on the right.

Now let me ask you this. What possibly could bitconasic bring to the table that CAN-ELECTRIC couldn't do without? Surely it wasn't the dwindling customer base. They would have done a helluva lot better as a standalone entity. But no, they opted for the excess baggage.

At least they got half the new naming right--CAN.

Activity: 297
Merit: 250
February 02, 2013, 12:18:58 AM
I still hope Tom will come clean and describe what exactly happened over the past 4 months to have to the project end up like this in the end.  At this point, it seems bASIC is out of the game and talking about it likely won't preserve any competitive advantage anymore.
February 02, 2013, 12:18:18 AM
Well that certainly got tidied up.

CAN-ELECTRIC is here to offer you the Ehasher the next generation Bitcoin mining hardware that offers significant improvements from GPU-based and traditional FPGA based mining rigs and leaves the competition far behind in terms of enterprise level FPGA Hard Copy, PCB fabrication, Device Assembly, Customer Support, as well as our own enterprise level shipping department with in house logistics center that no competitor can hope to match.

Our FPGA Hard Copy process, PCB fab and Electrical unit Assembly takes place ENTIRELY In-House, giving us an incredible advantage over our competitors.

100 Gh/s    50 Gh/s
          1899.99      $999.99

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 02, 2013, 12:04:26 AM
You all knew the market was big enough that enough people would be willing to take any option given them, greed blinds after all.

Avalon made clear at the outset that they needed pre-orders for 300 units in order for the project to go ahead.  People were begging them to increase the amount of units available in Batch 1 and they refused, which is hardly the hallmark of a greedy company.  Batch 2 orders are only being opened now and those units will be available at $1499 rather than the $1999 which was originally planned for Batch 2.  They've openly stated that pre-order money will be used to build the units.

Tom was obviously dependent on pre-order money for the bASIC project, too - we know that he needed additional funds to complete it when things went wrong even though the project had some investors from the community.

BFL is the only company which has said it had sufficient funds to develop its ASICs without pre-order money.

I seriously doubt that any of the Bitcoin vendors are going to show any meaningful profit from their first runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-PVf0FqCx4
Maybe you should consider a career in politics....
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
February 01, 2013, 11:23:25 PM
Sorry.

As a Canadian, I would like to formally apologize for the unprofessionalism displayed by my apparent neighbours.

I assure you that there are many Canadians who know how to use features like spellcheck and understand the purpose of paragraphs.
One can never underestimate the power of proofreading a post before clicking POST.

In short, sorry.
eh.

Even in Texas, many of us can spell when we really try & make use of hired help and spell checkers.
February 01, 2013, 10:15:51 PM
You all knew the market was big enough that enough people would be willing to take any option given them, greed blinds after all.

Avalon made clear at the outset that they needed pre-orders for 300 units in order for the project to go ahead.  People were begging them to increase the amount of units available in Batch 1 and they refused, which is hardly the hallmark of a greedy company.  Batch 2 orders are only being opened now and those units will be available at $1499 rather than the $1999 which was originally planned for Batch 2.  They've openly stated that pre-order money will be used to build the units.

Tom was obviously dependent on pre-order money for the bASIC project, too - we know that he needed additional funds to complete it when things went wrong even though the project had some investors from the community.

BFL is the only company which has said it had sufficient funds to develop its ASICs without pre-order money.

I seriously doubt that any of the Bitcoin vendors are going to show any meaningful profit from their first runs.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 01, 2013, 10:14:00 PM
IF anyone thinks that FRAUD is a right for any company with a Pre-Order option, then you're either a plain stupid person or have other intentions. Customers take only the risks of product miss-representation and/or delaying the release date indefinitely(until the customer asks for a refund). Otherwise the company that falsely advertise a product which they don't have any intent to finalize or for unknown reasons decides to run off, then its called FRAUD.

This ain't gambling for us to throw up the money and have little expectation, so please stop spreading this stupid idea. Like I said the only risk we had taken was for getting a very different product from which we initially signed on, and/or to have the release date delayed. Sure, there was also the risk to get into some sort of FRAUD scheme but that doesn't make it right and any court from around the world has this kind of precedent in their penal laws. Of course if we'll loose our money remains to be seen, but don't spread stupidity around here saying we can't do anything about it, I mean legally.
legendary
February 01, 2013, 10:01:52 PM
My bad!

Want to get rid of these I don't drink liquor, bought them with a lot I purchased from an Auction

Each bottle sells for 5 BTC w/ $20 Shipping USA Only (sorry its just too expensive overseas)

These are all quart Bottles and considered high quality liquor

1 x Seagrams Blended Canadian Whiskey
1 x Southern Comfort 100 Proof
1 x Gordons Vodka

PM if interested - Ship the same day

thank you

And, as somebody duly noted in that same thread (still relevant today)...

Congratulations!
bitcoinbooze.com
is available. Snap it up before someone else does. Just $12.99*
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
February 01, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
You sir are a real gem, one of a kind (I can only hope).

Are you often ignorant simply for the sake of being ignorant (I think yes!)

First of all LOL at lawsuits I am not even sure how you managed to get there from my post but ah OK cool!

Perhaps in its literal definition forced was not the perfect word.  I guess me assuming that someone reading the post could get the "jist" of it without translating every word literally we're just slightly optimistic?

Would you prefer if I said something like The current ASIC vendors have decided to only accept full payment pre-orders thus shifting the burden of risk from themselves to the customer?

I feel weird saying this, but I agree with Jeff. Customers chose to bear risk, and they may be rewarded (or burnt) by that choice. However, you should make the argument that ASIC vendors misrepresented the risk by over-promising. The counter to that is that all vendors, accept BitcoinASIC, have either delivered products or are offering refunds to anyone at any time.

So in the end, the only argument you have is that ASIC vendors made things inconvenient for you (if you were someone that priced risk somewhere between the initial offering and the current state) or that BitcoinASIC took your money and ran.

"You all knew the market was big enough that enough people would be willing to take any option given them, greed blinds after all." - Something is in such demand people are willing to buy it at all costs, isn't that economics 101? Put it differently, given the choice of no pre-sale or pre-sale, the market overwhelming is calling for a presale (this is demonstrated by the fact that they still have orders even after the delay and the risk became evident).

Economics 101 teaches us that if we have a product that is such demand we can do what ever we like as the seller?  I know of one business model that uses this very very effectively, the drug trade.  Money is a lot like a drug man!

Given the choice of pre-order or no pre-order sure the market demands pre-orders.  Given the choice between full payment pre order and no pre order the market still demands full payment pre order but what if they were given the choice of deposit pre order and full payment pre order, I think the market would choose the deposit method.  Why again did they have to have full payment pre-orders even before a single solitary device was shown to exist working (that's a question for all 3 retail vendors...)?  I know we're past that stage now as Avalon has delivered but the question remains?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
February 01, 2013, 09:37:40 PM
Flying Hellfish - STFU

FTFY,

Feel free to ignore me.  

Lol, I actually don't know what to say to this.

Created account about the same time website content is changed - true.
Knows much about gambling and similar websites - true.
Focused on ASIC and especially this thread - true.

STFU, will ya?

Keep trying? Try harder? I don't know but you are pretty far off base my friend.

BTW why would you even think I am this Tom guy?  I haven't defend the old or new bASIC all I said was I hope this was real and that I would watch and wait.  If that makes me Tom then wow wow wow!  FWIW I think bASIC is worse than the other two BUT IF and that's a big if they are new players AND they can prove their claims then I will consider becoming a customer.  Don't mistake that for being a bASIC fan boy.  Hell if the other vendors changed to my personal satisfaction I would consider purchasing their product as well (although I'm sure BFL doesn't want me LOL).
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
February 01, 2013, 09:22:32 PM
You sir are a real gem, one of a kind (I can only hope).

Are you often ignorant simply for the sake of being ignorant (I think yes!)

First of all LOL at lawsuits I am not even sure how you managed to get there from my post but ah OK cool!

Perhaps in its literal definition forced was not the perfect word.  I guess me assuming that someone reading the post could get the "jist" of it without translating every word literally we're just slightly optimistic?

Would you prefer if I said something like The current ASIC vendors have decided to only accept full payment pre-orders thus shifting the burden of risk from themselves to the customer?

I feel weird saying this, but I agree with Jeff. Customers chose to bear risk, and they may be rewarded (or burnt) by that choice. However, you should make the argument that ASIC vendors misrepresented the risk by over-promising. The counter to that is that all vendors, accept BitcoinASIC, have either delivered products or are offering refunds to anyone at any time.

So in the end, the only argument you have is that ASIC vendors made things inconvenient for you (if you were someone that priced risk somewhere between the initial offering and the current state) or that BitcoinASIC took your money and ran.

"You all knew the market was big enough that enough people would be willing to take any option given them, greed blinds after all." - Something is in such demand people are willing to buy it at all costs, isn't that economics 101? Put it differently, given the choice of no pre-sale or pre-sale, the market overwhelming is calling for a presale (this is demonstrated by the fact that they still have orders even after the delay and the risk became evident).
Pages:
Jump to: