Pages:
Author

Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC - page 9. (Read 21843 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 13
February 02, 2013, 06:08:59 PM

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's. 

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that HardCopy is trademarked by Altera and that they use TSMC for fabrication - and that TSMC doesn't even do 45nm. 

Interesting.  I know very little about Altera, the Xilinx version is called easypath. Don't BFL use stratix? (altera 45nm)... so could a single do 2+gh/s? 
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2013, 05:59:31 PM

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's. 

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that HardCopy is trademarked by Altera and that they use TSMC for fabrication - and that TSMC doesn't even do 45nm. 
February 02, 2013, 05:53:53 PM

The problem is that nothing about Can Electric indicates that they have any experience in the IT field - and the revised BitcoinASIC site claims that they do and that they can do all sorts of hardware stuff in-house.  Their claims are so outrageous that I doubt anyone's even going to make a phone call to Iraq, although someone might email the real Can Electric tomorrow.

Thats kinda what I was hinting at, the bloke seems to have no experience with micro electronics, but is quite accountable and seems to publicly know about hivolt (not that it has that much to do with bitcoin) - He has a reputation I would imagine he would want to protect.  So I assume he did not know what he was getting into, or Tom approached him back in November.

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's.  I have no problem phoning Iraq.  I will probably try Canada first though, he doesn't look like he would be a hard man to track down.

I really want to know what this bloke has or thinks he has bought...  Why is Toms licensed ASIC SHA core any better than Bitfury (V. from birfury is a genius...) esp. when bitfury can provide an excellent FPGA core, rather than having to reshovel an ip asic design. it makes no sense.
February 02, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
It seems the bloke was immigrant of the year 2011, or something.  google his name, he seems to know his hivolt power...

anyway, the question that is burning me up is Tom never developed his own asic hashing core, he licensed it from somewhere else. So what has can-electric actually bought? The rights to use someone else's core? why not just ask that company themselves?

I just don't get it.

Also does anyone remember Tom vanishing to Canada around Nov time?

The problem is that nothing about Can Electric indicates that they have any experience in the IT field - and the revised BitcoinASIC site claims that they do and that they can do all sorts of hardware stuff in-house.  Their claims are so outrageous that I doubt anyone's even going to make a phone call to Iraq, although someone might email the real Can Electric tomorrow.

Re-branding bASIC would be quite a challenge anyway but it definitely can't be done when everything connected with that re-branding so far looks dodgy as hell to the extent that people aren't even sure this isn't Tom using the name of an obscure company without their knowledge.

Email sent to Can Electric using the email address on the actual Can Electric website.

Does anyone remember Tom vanishing to Iraq around November?  Although the real Can Electric site gives both a Canadian phone number and an Iraqi one, only the Iraqi number is given in the "Contact US" section of the bitcoinASIC site.
February 02, 2013, 05:07:24 PM
It seems the bloke was immigrant of the year 2011, or something.  google his name, he seems to know his hivolt power...

anyway, the question that is burning me up is Tom never developed his own asic hashing core, he licensed it from somewhere else. So what has can-electric actually bought? The rights to use someone else's core? why not just ask that company themselves?

I just don't get it.

Also does anyone remember Tom vanishing to Canada around Nov time?
February 02, 2013, 05:01:36 PM

Iraqi-Asian-Canadian-NewYork Company with an official workforce of 2 with 1 million in pre-sales already.....look all they are missing is the kidnapped Canadian  princess that we have to rescue from the castle who is secretly working for the CIA while infiltrating Al-Cadia posted to Iraq

Bitcoin, you couldnt make shit this good up .... Cheesy ......lol .... Cry

And yet you just know that someone is going to place a real order with them in spite of all the red flags "just in case" they're legitimate.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 02, 2013, 05:00:43 PM
Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566
Is this a "Canadian" company?

The Iraq number is a mobile phone number (I guess prepaid) from KorekTel Mobile

1-800-Al-Cadia...  And let me guess their ASIC Miners are DA BOMB
February 02, 2013, 03:14:48 PM

Iraqi-Asian-Canadian-NewYork Company with an official workforce of 2 with 1 million in pre-sales already.....look all they are missing is the kidnapped Canadian  princess that we have to rescue from the castle who is secretly working for the CIA while infiltrating Al-Cadia posted to Iraq

EDIT: Sorry for got to add running off a pre-paid mobile phone based out of the state of QATAR on the ARabic peninsula...I think the Israelis & MOSAD are involed in here somewhere

Bitcoin, you couldnt make shit this good up .... Cheesy ......lol .... Cry
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 02, 2013, 02:56:21 PM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 02, 2013, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: Boi qaaf
This is Bruno (will confirm in a sec by replying to post). I created this account mainly for the sole purpose as a character to interact in this game: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/game-bas-satoshi-121306

If I don't get out ASAP, I will fire up Nikki the Bitch and raise all kinds of hell provided, of course, theymos didn't permanently ban her (which I think he did).  

~Bruno~

Cute gimmick Phinn.

The Can Electric ToS lists NY as the relevant jurisdiction - which is kind of curious for a Canadian company based in Iraq.  It's not so curious if this is some bullshit move to try make people think someone new is in charge of bASIC, though.

Why isn't the Canadian phone number for the real Can Electric listed on the site?  Are they just hoping that no-one's going to phone the Iraq number?

Did somebody hack one of my other accounts? I hope Al is okay.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
February 02, 2013, 01:48:03 PM
Well if ths was real and my BTC refund money could be reapplied to getting one of these(for damn sure)... I would take that offer =)

At this point I'll believe anything, even if it involves Can-Electric Asain Overlords. A Strange Brew indeed.

Asian-Canadians residing in Iraq but under the jurisdiction of New York law? Me gusta.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 02, 2013, 01:37:51 PM
Great lords of thunder!  What!??? I thought they were NOT going to ask for any pre-orders till a YouTube video of a hashig rig was released.

The Bitcoin Foundation already released a video of their Avalon hashing away...
Activity: 234
Merit: 105
February 02, 2013, 12:10:36 PM
Well if ths was real and my BTC refund money could be reapplied to getting one of these(for damn sure)... I would take that offer =)

At this point I'll believe anything, even if it involves Can-Electric Asain Overlords. A Strange Brew indeed.

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
February 02, 2013, 12:04:39 PM
Great lords of thunder!  What!??? I thought they were NOT going to ask for any pre-orders till a YouTube video of a hashig rig was released.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
February 02, 2013, 10:35:58 AM
Considering they haven't fixed the pricing for the 100GH beast I bought 2!!!  Why spend 3800 when you can get them for 2140?!!!?  Ha HA suckers. Wink
February 02, 2013, 04:31:22 AM

Of course they're weightlesss.  Vapourware weighs nothing.   Grin

++

...i loled & i loled Cheesy
February 02, 2013, 03:58:13 AM
Fuck you guys.... I'm in...
This is a  Once Twice Third opportunity of a lifetime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pEY17qbdGqE#t=19s

Thank F**

Just managed to get my order in before the rush........

Of course they're weightlesss.  Vapourware weighs nothing.   Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 02, 2013, 03:41:08 AM
Fuck you guys.... I'm in...
This is a  Once Twice Third opportunity of a lifetime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pEY17qbdGqE#t=19s

Thank F**

Just managed to get my order in before the rush........
February 02, 2013, 03:15:47 AM
More info from:
http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business-reviews/electric-contractors/can-electric-ltd-in-edmonton-ab-151126

BBB file opened: 29/09/2008
Business started: 01/03/2007

Licensing
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Type of Entity
Limited

Contact Information
Principal: Ari Asmar (Owner)

Number of Employees

Business Category
Electric Contractors, Contractors - Electrical (Industrial/Commercial)

Bwahahaha.  "Huge corporate electronics manufacturer", indeed.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
February 02, 2013, 03:11:08 AM
More info from:
http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business-reviews/electric-contractors/can-electric-ltd-in-edmonton-ab-151126

BBB file opened: 29/09/2008
Business started: 01/03/2007

Licensing
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Type of Entity
Limited

Contact Information
Principal: Ari Asmar (Owner)

Number of Employees

Business Category
Electric Contractors, Contractors - Electrical (Industrial/Commercial)

Pages:
Jump to: