Pages:
Author

Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC - page 12. (Read 21843 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
February 01, 2013, 03:08:46 PM
The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable

How so? The only one that's done it so far is Avalon...

Any company that takes pre-order money for a product that simply does not exist yet is putting all the risk on buyer.

So, I'm assuming all the risk when I go over to GameStop and preorder the next latest title 6-12 months in advance?

I understand the point your trying to make, but if refunds are a feasible option for the customer "investor", then the risk is limited. Hence why Avalon is the riskiest investment opportunity out there right now...once you give them your money, that's it..nothing else you can do except wait for your product.
At least with BFL (and bASIC there for a while) you can get a refund immediately. With ASICMiner you can just sell your shares (though I'm not sure how liquid they are).

This is my point the risk is there and the customer took it small, big w/e the customer floated the risk thats all i am saying at this point.  There isnt a guarentee of refunds hence why i belive it should have been called an investment and not a pre-order

I disagree about the gaming analogy, you are buying a game for entertainment (more like buying movie passes or concert tickets) and there is virtually no chance of "making an ROI".  Games are designed and sold as entertainment ASIC hardware is not sold for entertainment.  Also when I purchase entertainment products I probably wouldnt have used that money to invest with so I dont care how long it takes to get the game to me.  If someone used the money for investing in bitcoins instead of hardware they would be in for a nice little ROI currently, but alas the vendors had the money tied up in R&D so I lost the oppotunity to make money.  This is the risk you as a customer took all under the guise of a pre-order.  Just fucking tell me I am investing that is all I would have asked.  If I wanted smoke blown up my ass I would be at home with a pack of cigarettes and a short length of hose.

Just because Avalon is/was the riskiest does not mean there is/was no risk from the others. 

I have a feeling that so far anyone who paid bASIC in BTC and has yet to receive their refund is feeling like they took a lot of risk (and lost) at this point.  Just because some vendors honoured refunds does not mean there was no risk in the first place (there was never a guarentee refunds would be honored hence the risk)

I get what they were doing what I don't like is how they sugar coated it calling pre-orders.  What all the vendors have done is ask for an investement/ interest free loan from the community but called it pre-orders.. 

By the way why didnt they go to a bank or an investement firm for R&D costs?  I am guessing an interest free loan from the community was much easier to get and much more economically appealing...

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 01, 2013, 02:42:44 PM
Sorry.

As a Canadian, I would like to formally apologize for the unprofessionalism displayed by my apparent neighbours.

I assure you that there are many Canadians who know how to use features like spellcheck and understand the purpose of paragraphs.
One can never underestimate the power of proofreading a post before clicking POST.

In short, sorry.
eh.

Last time I checked, not all Canadien has English mother tongue. They could be Frech Canadians.

I'm not Canadian btw, just recalling that I visited Canada last time (Quebec city)
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 01, 2013, 02:38:33 PM
Sorry.

As a Canadian, I would like to formally apologize for the unprofessionalism displayed by my apparent neighbours.

I assure you that there are many Canadians who know how to use features like spellcheck and understand the purpose of paragraphs.
One can never underestimate the power of proofreading a post before clicking POST.

In short, sorry.
eh.

Ditto... I was about to post a similar note.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 01, 2013, 01:57:13 PM
The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable

Any company that takes pre-order money for a product that simply does not exist yet is putting all the risk on buyer.

So, I'm assuming all the risk when I go over to GameStop and preorder the next latest title 6-12 months in advance?

I understand the point your trying to make, but if refunds are a feasible option for the customer "investor", then the risk is limited. Hence why Avalon is the riskiest investment opportunity out there right now...once you give them your money, that's it..nothing else you can do except wait for your product.
At least with BFL (and bASIC there for a while) you can get a refund immediately. With ASICMiner you can just sell your shares (though I'm not sure how liquid they are).
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
February 01, 2013, 01:54:20 PM
Sorry.

In short, sorry.
eh.
legendary
February 01, 2013, 01:17:46 PM

Basically interest free loans, lost opportunity, and the potential for an outright scam.

1)  Best case scenario for an early pre-order customer that one of them delivers and they receive a working ASIC device that has a decent ROI
2)  middle of the road case scenario, customers decided not to wait any longer or manufacture decides to pull the plug on the project and refunds 100% of orders
3) worst case scenario company goes under or is a scam and no devices delivered and no refunds given.

no lets look at the same scenario for the manufacture
1)  deliver working product - Yay everyone is happy!
2) damn we just couldnt do but hey no harm no foul we refunded everyone 100% right (oh but btw we did use that money for many months for what ever the hell we wanted and gave no consideration for it).
3)while this is certainly the worst case for them at the end of the day they declare bankrupcy and walk away lol..

Id say the customer is risking far more the the company and this is not normal for pre ordering products.

This isnt how pre-ordering products work this is more like investing sugar coated by calling them pre-orders.  the only one that is even remotely acceptable is AsicMiner as at least they are calling it an investment giving the appropiate risk reward scenario and are up front about it...
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
February 01, 2013, 01:06:41 PM
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
February 01, 2013, 12:50:04 PM
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT - "Tom" or "Dave" is no longer affiliated with this company in anyway. ...

Look legit, I heard he changed his name to "Mr Drunk Tom" .
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 246
Team Heritage Motorsports
February 01, 2013, 12:34:21 PM
Our new Canadian overloards...LOL

I do not have any idea why this shit has not been labelled a scam.

1. Chips were done and under lock and key.. last year (lie)
2. PCB design was changed, but now that is all ok (lie)
3. Tom started drunk posting in November (true, at least that is what we are lead to believe)
4. Tom was making bets and appears to have a massive gambling problem (true)
5. Tom and Dave have never been together at the same time, and Dave did not show up in NY after he said he would (true)
6. Lukas goes to NY and Tom does not even bother to show up and Lukas reports back he found "nothing of value" (true)
7. There have been none/to very little BTC refunds (true)
8. Tom goes on another bender, blames all of us for him being a fuck up/scamming piece of shit/drunk (true)
9. Tom and Dave both get hacked. Even though they are really working on security systems as a business (true)  That either means they dumb as fuck or lying
10. The company is being sold to Asian benefactors 11. Old money Bitcoin is riding to the rescue - just wait a little longer (lie)
12. I give my personal guarantee that everything will be ok and we will ship in March (99.9999% lie)

I could keep going, but I think that is enough
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
February 01, 2013, 12:31:06 PM
Activity: 388
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
February 01, 2013, 12:24:16 PM
.......this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

Welcome to Deadwood...
February 01, 2013, 12:17:07 PM
So, he sold it all to Asian Canadians?
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
February 01, 2013, 12:16:09 PM
I sure that the Canadian benefactor and Conman can deliver.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
February 01, 2013, 10:17:52 AM
Kinda looks like Tom or comproTom (aka drunk Tom, the supposedly compromised account that stirred up some drama recently).

Exactly.

Use of language.. mistakes..

Let's hope it's Tom's last spasm Undecided
legendary
February 01, 2013, 10:10:52 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 01, 2013, 10:06:50 AM
Possibly, but to put up a wall of text on an official website, coupled with having it improperly formatted on the page doesn't look like something some self-professed professional should do if they want to be taken seriously. Atlas, off his medication, could have done better.

Not to mention the fact that "huge corporate manufacturers" have whole PR teams who can actually spell and whose sole job is to promote their company as often and as loudly as possible.  There's not a snowflake's chance in hell that a representative of a "huge corporation" wouldn't be splashing the name of that corporation around all over the place, giving their real name and their contact details to everyone.

Anyone who claims to work for a "large corporation" and doesn't tell you at which office they can be located on which phone number they can be contacted is full of shit.  No exceptions.
legendary
February 01, 2013, 09:54:24 AM
Sure their first post is "unprofessional", but they're not asking you to send millions of dollars before there's any proof the hardware exists...

This!

I am really hoping this is real.  Grammar and spelling aside the jist of the post rings true for me.  The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable for a newb like me!  Add to that the absolute trainwrek PR and customer service shown by the current players and I feel like this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

I for one will be watching and waiting for sufficient proof, if there is a new player here and they prove to my satisfaction they are different that the current two vendors (who will never receive and order from me) then I will in all likely hood buy a couple of devices as I have a few bucks kicking around and am DYING to get into the mining game.

if this is more bull shit oh well but personally I will wait a little while and see as I have nothing to lose by doing that!

February 01, 2013, 09:53:23 AM
Meh - at this point, let the blind sheep continue to follow and throw money at this turd hole if they wish
legendary
February 01, 2013, 09:49:02 AM
Sure their first post is "unprofessional", but they're not asking you to send millions of dollars before there's any proof the hardware exists...

Not directly, true. But I was under the impression it was implied after they noted "not to by from BFL, Avalon, or bASIC" since they're "all lies". I suppose that leaves ASICMiner Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: