Pages:
Author

Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC - page 8. (Read 21866 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 05, 2013, 03:00:51 PM
It all makes sense to me now...

Ari Asman is our new Asain Overlord.

Hopefully he'll deliver on bASIC/Ehasher

and/or

process BTC refunds.

I am going to place an order TODAY !!!

What we need in NerdVille is more ASSMAN's

So I am going to give him my support because (even though I am a Titsman) we need more Assman's in ASIC & BTC ...lol Cheesy

You just had to go there, didn't you?

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 05, 2013, 03:18:06 AM

and/or

process BTC refunds.

I am going to place an order TODAY !!!

What we need in NerdVille is more ASSMAN's

So I am going to give him my support because (even though I am a Titsman) we need more Assman's in ASIC & BTC ...lol Cheesy
Activity: 234
Merit: 105
February 04, 2013, 11:37:57 PM

and/or

process BTC refunds.
legendary
February 04, 2013, 10:49:53 PM
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/immigrant-stories/top-25-winners/time-to-celebrate-top-25-canadian-immigrants-of-2011/attachment/vancouver-top-25

Ari Asman is the forth from left in white outfit.

At least the person exist. But, the question is, is somebody simply using his name representing him?

The phone number is correct.
legendary
February 04, 2013, 10:25:23 PM
Apparently a "huge corporate electronics manufacturer" has resorted to libel and is now attacking BFL, bASIC, and Avalon—all at once. And to add to the word power, look at their excellent spelling!

• anyway
  • devision
  • givin
  • its
  • saleries
  • setup
  • months
  • supossid
  • disapation
  • longetivity
  • cleaver
  • none sense
  • un revealed
  • conman

Obviously the same style of writing we've seen under the "old" management when drunk

FTFY!
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
February 04, 2013, 09:32:32 PM
Apparently a "huge corporate electronics manufacturer" has resorted to libel and is now attacking BFL, bASIC, and Avalon—all at once. And to add to the word power, look at their excellent spelling!

• anyway
  • devision
  • givin
  • its
  • saleries
  • setup
  • months
  • supossid
  • disapation
  • longetivity
  • cleaver
  • none sense
  • un revealed
  • conman

Obviously the same style of writing we've seen under the "old" management. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 04, 2013, 09:19:04 PM
I think it is irrelevant what Altera can deliver, hell is going to freeze over before forum members place money with anything connected with Tom.

Have you not noticed the "hope this is real" posts?  While I don't think this project can be effectively re-branded before BFL delivers even if there genuinely are new owners (and I'm yet to be convinced that there are), there are definitely still people hoping to buy cheap next generation mining units ASAP.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 04, 2013, 07:01:08 AM
I think it is irrelevant what Altera can deliver, hell is going to freeze over before forum members place money with anything connected with Tom.

Until when they decide to accept credit card.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 04, 2013, 06:21:33 AM
February 04, 2013, 06:14:30 AM
Does anyone know if it's even possible for hard copies of FPGAs to get that sort of performance? Wouldn't Avalon have done that if it would have worked?

Looks like HardCopy produces FPGA prototypes as part of the ASIC design process.

The methodology you use to create HardCopy ASICs allows you to seamlessly prototype your system with Stratix® IV FPGAs and completely prepare your system for production, prior to ASIC design handoff. Altera's HardCopy Design Center uses a proven turnkey process to implement low-cost, low-power, functionally-equivalent, pin-compatible HardCopy IV devices. This methodology is more than just a fast ASIC development methodology, it is the ultimate system development methodology.

http://www.altera.com/devices/asic/hardcopy-asics/hardcopy-iv/hciv-index.jsp
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 04, 2013, 04:22:52 AM
Does anyone know if it's even possible for hard copies of FPGAs to get that sort of performance? Wouldn't Avalon have done that if it would have worked?
legendary
February 04, 2013, 03:53:20 AM
My latest take. Ari is probably an alright guy--until he messes with the website after a few drinks. Alcohol & Silicon Iquals Control.
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
February 04, 2013, 01:23:56 AM
So to resume

Another company bought bAsics and they were able to beat all the competitors by bringing a more powefull product than other on market,  in only some days:

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6    says

Delivery Information
We ship within 2-3 days of your order

So its not preorder but now order supposely sent in 2 or 3 days, it will be fast to know then if real or not, does nobody want to risk 600 for a 50 giga Ehasher?  Grin
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 03, 2013, 09:48:34 PM
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants/canadas-top-25-immigrants-2011/ari-asmar

I suggest somebody contacting Ari to see if he's really behind the re-branding of Tom's company. This would explain away the grammatical errors we've all been making light of, including myself.

I've already emailed the legitimate Can Electric.  All of Ari's FB posts since late 2011 have been made from Iraq.  If I don't get an email response within a couple of days I'll message him on the number listed on the real Can Electric site (which is one number different than the one on the bASIC site) and/or on FB.

Odd! One number off. Either an easily made error, or...

Tradecraft...lol

Just what we need another halfbaked scheme/scam with no backing...no experience...no idea !!

legendary
February 03, 2013, 08:13:36 PM
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants/canadas-top-25-immigrants-2011/ari-asmar

I suggest somebody contacting Ari to see if he's really behind the re-branding of Tom's company. This would explain away the grammatical errors we've all been making light of, including myself.

I've already emailed the legitimate Can Electric.  All of Ari's FB posts since late 2011 have been made from Iraq.  If I don't get an email response within a couple of days I'll message him on the number listed on the real Can Electric site (which is one number different than the one on the bASIC site) and/or on FB.

Odd! One number off. Either an easily made error, or...
February 03, 2013, 03:38:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
February 03, 2013, 02:37:45 PM
( ) seems legit

(x) I hope no one is buying these things. We don't need any more bitcoiners scammed...
legendary
February 03, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

legendary
February 03, 2013, 01:52:25 PM

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's.  

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that HardCopy is trademarked by Altera and that they use TSMC for fabrication - and that TSMC doesn't even do 45nm.  

Interesting.  I know very little about Altera, the Xilinx version is called easypath. Don't BFL use stratix? (altera 45nm)... so could a single do 2+gh/s?  

Altera likely uses different fabs for different products.

It looks like Ari Asmar has been back living in Iraq since 2011, based on his FB page.

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants-old/canada-has-spoken-top-25-immigrants-of-2011

This year’s awards program received more than 500 nominations over a two-month period, from which 75 finalists were shortlisted by a panel of Canadian Immigrant magazine judges. The awards program was also supported by the Toronto Star, Metro and Sing Tao.

Ari Asmar (Edmonton, Alberta/Iraq) is a master electrician. Although he’s been in Canada less than 10 years, he devotes lots of time to volunteering in his community, such as with a YMCA newcomers program.

http://www.thestar.com/sponsored_sections/2011/06/30/these_15_other_winners_are_making_their_mark_from_coast_to_coast.html

As a member of a large family of Kurdish refugees — six siblings and his parents — Ari Asmar knows a bit about pitching in, sharing and working hard.

The master electrician has been in Canada eight years and is proud of the company he started from scratch: Can Electric Ltd.

He’s even prouder of the countless hours he’s dedicated as a volunteer in his new country: helping with the YMCA’s newcomers program, mentoring young tradespeople and working with Amnesty International and the Abbotsfield Youth Project, which helps children of parents with drug issues.

Asmar is also involved in green technologies — participating in solar and wind energy seminars and promoting green energy through his work as an electrical contractor.

He says his best advice for immigrants is to work hard and don’t stop giving. “This is a great country and there’s lots of opportunities for everyone,” he says. “I know this … my entire family is so happy to be here.”

He came to Canada, got settled, and then sponsored his parents, brothers and sisters. “My first night here, I didn’t have any money, I didn’t know anybody and I stayed in a shelter,” he says. “But that didn’t matter. I was just excited to be in Canada and I was starting something new.”

http://www.canelectric.ca/

Domain name: canelectric.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2009/02/28
Expiry date: 2014/02/28
Updated date: 2013/01/18

Registrar:
Name: Go Daddy Domains Canada, Inc
Number: 2316042

Name servers:
dns1.irangiga.com
dns2.irangiga.com
ns1-maverick.nswebhost.com
ns2-maverick.nswebhost.com

% WHOIS look-up made at 2013-02-03 17:59:27 (GMT)
%
% Use of CIRA's WHOIS service is governed by the Terms of Use in its Legal
% Notice, available at http://www.cira.ca/legal-notice/?lang=en
%
% (c) 2013 Canadian Internet Registration Authority, (http://www.cira.ca/)
February 02, 2013, 06:26:26 PM

The updates to the site would imply that he intends to make good on the promise of delivering 45nm FPGA's.  

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that HardCopy is trademarked by Altera and that they use TSMC for fabrication - and that TSMC doesn't even do 45nm.  

Interesting.  I know very little about Altera, the Xilinx version is called easypath. Don't BFL use stratix? (altera 45nm)... so could a single do 2+gh/s?  

Altera likely uses different fabs for different products.

It looks like Ari Asmar has been back living in Iraq since 2011, based on his FB page.
Pages:
Jump to: