Pages:
Author

Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC - page 6. (Read 21866 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 06, 2013, 08:15:52 PM
Yeah true enough. I guess I assumed people were following through...silly me.

Here comes the retribution for stealing ~50-100k BTC STyle ??

"Youre a scammer"

WOAH!!...ohh the humanity....its worse than Hitler....

...ho humm...Easy targets Cheesy

The only known scammer that didn't suffer such humiliation was Tom Williams.

Nah, he got scammer tagged under his other name, Bruce Wagner. Very misleading.

Actually, no! https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bruce-wagner-2033
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
February 06, 2013, 08:07:30 PM
I'm not even sure how I would approach this from a legal standpoint. Who does one contact? Surely not the police. The FBI would get involved if it can be shown that mail fraud has been committed. What's interesting is this... if the FBI determine that the bitcoins are not real money or something liek that and the only thing he has to re-imburse are bitcoins. That will suck fro Tom since the price are probably on average double since he accepted most of them.

So, does anyone know what a legal course of action would be? Who would need to be contacted?

The mayor of Fulton..? LOL

||bit
February 06, 2013, 07:59:34 PM
Does anyone know if he still stays at this location ?

I can confirm the zip code, but that's for the whole town Fulton.

From NY DMV and zip code checks out: 13069

Vehicle Plate Number:      BITCOIN
Make of Vehicle:      CHEVR
Model Year of Vehicle:      2005

He got the licence plate in March last year.  He was still using the Fulton Street address for his PC repair business late last year but the website for that business is now gone.  It's still a reasonable starting point for lawyers, though.

New theory: Tom + Ari are the same person!

It would be funnier if Tom and Sonny were the same person.

LOL!
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
February 06, 2013, 07:59:17 PM

"Youre a scammer"

Nah, he got scammer tagged under his other name, Bruce Wagner. Very misleading.
February 06, 2013, 07:54:41 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/votevanriper/home/elect-thomas-van-riper-sgo-secretary

I am now in my second semester as a full time liberal arts Psych major at CCC, my dream career is to be in a position to help people - specifically youth, in the field of Substance Abuse Counseling.

Seem Thomas Van Riper is his real name, this is now confirmed. Free for Ari or customers of bAsic scammed to continu the process... Anyway this scam case will be more to easy to fix than some others...Good luck for people scammed in BTC to recover their funds (I never ordered from bAsic)

Yeah, it appears so:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110203011330/http://sites.google.com/site/votevanriper/

||bit
February 06, 2013, 07:51:47 PM
I just got the same email from Ari.

This is the contact info I have for Tom.  Can someone confirm whether it's correct (I think the phone number may no longer be active).

P.O. Box 246
Hannibal, NY 13074

Telephone:

PO box wont help a lot I think Does tom revelatead his real name in past or does ppl send him ten sof thousands in btc without know his real name and having just a po box and a prepaid phone? Sounds like crazy if...

As far as we know, his name is Thomas Van Riper.

He got a Bitcoin vanity licence plate last year, so Ari's lawyers could probably track him that if anyone has a picture of the licence plate (it was on his Google+ account but he's deleted that account now and I can't find a picture in Google cache but he may have posted it here as well - it was in March 2012).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.778314

Dave had access to the merchant account so he should be able to provide all of the details related to that account.

The domain registration info for BTCFPGA uses the PO box address.

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/btcfpga.com

This was the street address for his computer repair shop.  It's also the address given on several domains Tom registered.

121 Lyon Street, Fulton, NY 13069 - New York,

Tel: (315) 514-0269

He was still using that phone number late last year but the website for the computer repair shop is now blank.

Fulton is significantly larger (so more commercial) than Hannibal (which is more rural). So, he probably worked in Fulton and just lives in/near Hannibal where his PO Box was located.

I'm curious as to how fast authorities will respond if we aggregate our complaints and focus them at the proper authorities. Is there any one thread yet where we can do this - i.e. focus & coordinate a collective response? or Has anyone taken action to contact any authorities for themselves yet?

||bit

I informed the real Ari about this thread and the whole story, I guess he will made some justice action too. Anyway if this guy ( thomas Van Riper seem his real identity, google will give you same head than the picture with license plate) was frauding using my name company I wont let this happend without sentence... Specially he's american also easy to reach...real name, real face, he have a shop physical...Well I'm just sad for ppl who paid with BTC as they will be never refund and it will be hard to proof anything with BTC as ever...

It isn't too hard to prove BTC payment. If you couldn't prove it with the blockchain. There is an email about the purchase, and the website still shows it (screenshot the order while you can). Further, at least in my case, he is in dialogue that the payment was received. Open/Shut case on payment. The only thing now is to actually get refunded.

||bit
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 06, 2013, 07:48:05 PM

"Youre a scammer"

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 06, 2013, 07:34:12 PM

"Youre a scammer"

Activity: 535
February 06, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 06, 2013, 06:43:23 PM
How do people think they can totally get away with scamming a bunch of people with vast computer knowledge unless they are single and willing to leave the country...quickly.

I mean this community is easy to scam because of greed, but once you have the loot you need to skeedaddle.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd with internet access...
They get doxxed, but then nothing happens afterward.  If people actually started suing these people, then maybe they'd skeedaddle more quickly.  As it is, it seems like a scammer hardly has to worry.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2013, 05:53:50 PM
I'm sure there are secret underground bunkers all over the world where Trendon Shavers, Bruce Wagner, Tom Williams, Zhou Tong, Amir Taaki and Co. sit around scared witless of the mighty internet nerds revenge.

Zhou's so scared that you can find out his residential address and how many shares he owns in his new company from an ASIC search on NameTerrific.
February 06, 2013, 05:47:14 PM
I'm sure there are secret underground bunkers all over the world where Trendon Shavers, Bruce Wagner, Tom Williams, Zhou Tong, Amir Taaki and Co. sit around scared witless of the mighty internet nerds revenge.

For, verily, it shalt come to pass in the days of the digit-age, that HE shalt send his virtualous minions and exact revenge upon the evil hearted. And HE shalt cry out "Beware, evildoers, that art now in my domain! My name is LEGION, for we are many. Let us send forth the spike!" and there shalt be wailing and the gnashing of teeth heard all across the lands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuiQQfS4_o
February 06, 2013, 05:35:19 PM
How do people think they can totally get away with scamming a bunch of people with vast computer knowledge unless they are single and willing to leave the country...quickly.

I mean this community is easy to scam because of greed, but once you have the loot you need to skeedaddle.

Well it's not like any of those who have successfully scammed the community so far have had to go into hiding...
Activity: 535
February 06, 2013, 05:30:59 PM

February 06, 2013, 05:06:30 PM

He got the licence plate in March last year.  He was still using the Fulton Street address for his PC repair business late last year but the website for that business is now gone.  It's still a reasonable starting point for lawyers, though.

New theory: Tom + Ari are the same person!

It would be funnier if Tom and Sonny were the same person.
Activity: 574
February 06, 2013, 05:03:08 PM

legendary
February 06, 2013, 04:50:34 PM
New theory: Tom + Ari are the same person!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
February 06, 2013, 03:53:37 PM
New email from Ari.  I told him we were trying to collate as much information about Tom as possible and have sent him a link to what we already have.

thanks xxxxxxxx

if you could send me his contact I will deal with it

regards
Ari

LOL WTF?! whats that supposed to mean!?

Iranian Ninjas.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
February 06, 2013, 03:53:04 PM
He's going to kill him.

MY my, this escalated quickly lol.  Cheesy
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
February 06, 2013, 03:49:48 PM
New email from Ari.  I told him we were trying to collate as much information about Tom as possible and have sent him a link to what we already have.

thanks xxxxxxxx

if you could send me his contact I will deal with it

regards
Ari

LOL WTF?! whats that supposed to mean!?

He's going to kill him.
Pages:
Jump to: