Pages:
Author

Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC - page 4. (Read 21866 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
February 08, 2013, 02:24:33 AM
Maybe Tom is just riding this rally out, knowing everyone's pretty much cool with pricing his "product" in terms of USD,(i.e giving Tom free btc in the name of conversion, though no conversion actually happened with the btc) that way he can pay everyone back and still make a couple hundred thousand (if that's indeed what he's still owed).  Why would he pay you while the price is still sky rocketing under those circumstances?
When Dave sent the refund list to Tom, all BTC amounts were assuming a $15/BTC value, even tho the price at the time was closer to $18, and has since gone up.
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
February 08, 2013, 12:36:35 AM
Maybe Tom is just riding this rally out, knowing everyone's pretty much cool with pricing his "product" in terms of USD,(i.e giving Tom free btc in the name of conversion, though no conversion actually happened with the btc) that way he can pay everyone back and still make a couple hundred thousand (if that's indeed what he's still owed).  Why would he pay you while the price is still sky rocketing under those circumstances?
legendary
Activity: 1260
February 08, 2013, 12:34:20 AM
JontheDong,

Is Tom's account still hacked?

lol

Ha... you said Dong.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 08, 2013, 12:17:54 AM
JontheDong,

Is Tom's account still hacked?

lol
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Technology and Women. Amazing.
February 08, 2013, 12:10:51 AM
Tom owes me $5,000 worth of BTC. In certain parts of the world, even in the USA, people get killed over less. Just saying. Tom, choose your next course of action wisely.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Love the Bitcoin.
February 07, 2013, 10:47:55 PM

I've perused some lawyers online that are in his area, and found a firm that handles cases of fraud etc... But I'm not committed to this route, yet.

||bit

I don't think a consultation with a lawyer to find out the options available is a bad idea.  Getting that information doesn't commit anyone to a course of action and people probably need to keep their expectations about what can realistically be done grounded in reality. 

Yeah. I think there is plenty of evidence to show Tom took other's money/property. What shocks me is how silent Tom is about the refunds now. Does he think this will just "go away"? In the end, I won't be surprised if he ends up owing more than he took.

Not that it matters, but are there any photos or videos of Tom with his business name/product both visible?

||bit

This?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EoDeOCgJKs

And this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAhR8Ry8VU
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
February 07, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

I've perused some lawyers online that are in his area, and found a firm that handles cases of fraud etc... But I'm not committed to this route, yet.

||bit

I don't think a consultation with a lawyer to find out the options available is a bad idea.  Getting that information doesn't commit anyone to a course of action and people probably need to keep their expectations about what can realistically be done grounded in reality. 

Yeah. I think there is plenty of evidence to show Tom took other's money/property. What shocks me is how silent Tom is about the refunds now. Does he think this will just "go away"? In the end, I won't be surprised if he ends up owing more than he took.

Not that it matters, but are there any photos or videos of Tom with his business name/product both visible?

||bit
Activity: 868
February 07, 2013, 10:30:20 PM

||bit

February 07, 2013, 10:19:41 PM
Anyone have any ideas (estimates) on how much Tom might still owe out to people in dollars? or bitcoins?

||bit
I heard it was around 10,000 BTC.  Don't quote me on that.
I doubt he wouldn't have to pay people back in bitcoins, since the product being bought was priced in dollars.

So, let's say 10,000 bitcoins were spent with $12 average/bitcoin. That would be $120,000 owed out. If I recall,  he said he had over a thousand refunds to work through in that last posting that I recall. So assume about 500, i.e. something less than half, of those are paid with bitcoins. And a minimum purchase of about ~$600.  That is ~$300,000 owed  - less any he might have refunded already.

||bit

February 07, 2013, 10:09:45 PM
Anyone have any ideas (estimates) on how much Tom might still owe out to people in dollars? or bitcoins?

||bit

This is from one of Dave's last posts on refunds.

Remaining:
136 BTC order refunds
106 BTC order refunds (already sent to Tom for payment)

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1052.0

It's unlikely that every order was only for a single unit, but even if that was the case you'd still be looking at at least a couple of hundred thousand dollars worth of BTC refunds.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 07, 2013, 09:59:24 PM

||bit
February 07, 2013, 09:55:21 PM

||bit
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 07, 2013, 09:53:39 PM
Love the Bitcoin.
February 07, 2013, 09:50:25 PM
Y'all need to read this post.

I have just received  an  encrypted email, one where I had to log into THEIR system to read the email and reply.
the Bank have been following this case/new-site & the forum.

They are STRONGLY of the opinion  that a 'Card replacement' is in order for any CC related to this case.
Since the original cards were processed and the 3 digit security number was supplied to validate the transactions, there is nothing to prevent the CC being re-billed or the card details being 'used' illegally.
Since the details  (address & cardholder details, card number & security digits) are in the possession of a 3rd party

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1511184

If you paid Tom by credit card, get a replacement card issued.

Good call and good lookin' out, repentence!
February 07, 2013, 09:40:37 PM
Y'all need to read this post.

I have just received  an  encrypted email, one where I had to log into THEIR system to read the email and reply.
the Bank have been following this case/new-site & the forum.

They are STRONGLY of the opinion  that a 'Card replacement' is in order for any CC related to this case.
Since the original cards were processed and the 3 digit security number was supplied to validate the transactions, there is nothing to prevent the CC being re-billed or the card details being 'used' illegally.
Since the details  (address & cardholder details, card number & security digits) are in the possession of a 3rd party

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1511184

If you paid Tom by credit card, get a replacement card issued.
February 07, 2013, 09:37:04 PM
The phone number in the white pages online that ends with "3019" is not Tom's number. Apparently, the woman that has it now said she got it last year. And she said she's received over a hundred phone calls over the past months. So, avoid calling this number. She said she would change her number tomorrow.

||bit
February 07, 2013, 09:31:32 PM

What the fuck am I talking about? Trendon Shavers is probably in his mom's bathroom jacking off while reading this.

Exactly.
February 07, 2013, 09:26:55 PM
I believe this picture of Cablepair / Thomas Van Riper was taken at this location.

Does anyone know if he still stays at this location ?

The Fulton address comes up positive for a person named Amy [C.] Vanriper. She is 29 years old. About the same age as Tom. Perhaps, his sister or wife.
Associated with the same address is the name Jeremy Wallace that is about ten years older or so which is possibly old data.

Well, now it's known where the lawyers can start looking.

Tom (unless he is just a patsy for of a more elaborate scheme) can do himself a big favor by updating people on the status of all the returns. Like how many are to process, and his daily progress...etc.. Silence on the issue only builds frustration with the people that already got screwed over.

||bit

I'm all for going after scammers as aggressively as possible, but you might want to do a little more research before you post the name and address of some quite possibly unrelated person.

Anything whatsoever to suggest that the two live(d) there at the same time, or know each other? Or did you find some woman's name related to that address, and you're just running it up the flag poll?

That's the address Tom used. And the last name is the same as Toms. Seems dubious to think that they would happen to have the same last name at the same address and not be related. The purpose is to track down & confirm the identity of Tom, and if the person at the address is related to Tom, it would be helpful to locate him for any legal course. The information provided is from the public white pages at  the address Tom posted.

I'd be happy to delete all my posts about Tom if he refunded those he took coins from.

||bit
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 07, 2013, 09:25:25 PM
Tom Van Riper is not in a happy place now, for he inevitable knows that his perhaps once good name is forever tarnished.

Unless he's already gone.. slipped into permanent vacation with his family and can't be traced. I doubt he'd be dumb enough to remain a sitting duck.

Having a family in tow makes it much more difficult for him to hide, let alone earn a conventional living from this day forward. Unless his kids will be home-schooled, and he changes everybody's Social Security Number, hiding is pretty much impossible. One person may be able to do, but not a tainted family of five named Van Riper.

What the fuck am I talking about? Trendon Shavers is probably in his mom's bathroom jacking off while reading this.
Love the Bitcoin.
February 07, 2013, 09:13:16 PM
Tom Van Riper is not in a happy place now, for he inevitable knows that his perhaps once good name is forever tarnished.

Unless he's already gone.. slipped into permanent vacation with his family and can't be traced. I doubt he'd be dumb enough to remain a sitting duck.
Pages:
Jump to: