Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 32. (Read 149453 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
July 28, 2014, 01:26:42 AM
What part? A big part I'd think. Far better than nothing at all ala' Hashfast folks. Is that what you would prefer? Now as to can/should it be all, different story entirely.

Once you accept delivery, that's all you're going to get. That's why AMT won't release tracking numbers or even any details whatsoever what is being shipped. Sign for that package and you're "whole" in their eyes.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
July 28, 2014, 01:23:23 AM
What part? A big part I'd think. Far better than nothing at all ala' Hashfast folks. Is that what you would prefer? Now as to can/should it be all, different story entirely.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 28, 2014, 12:41:31 AM
AMT. Did you get my email about my updated address? What is the status of the IMET refunds?
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
July 28, 2014, 12:32:04 AM
Before it is jumped on, needs to be mentioned 'the select few' are those presently involved in litigation. While not a lawyer I'd think shipping to them is not allowed until settled.

Right, thanks for that.

On the other hand, it would be a nice move to ship "something" to the people who are feeling "screwed over" since you were not able to live up to "your word" and ship on time.  You can't blame customers for "lawyer-ing up" when you cannot ship them a product that they paid for... Just saying.  Hope you AMT folks do the right thing to try to make everyone "whole".
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
July 28, 2014, 12:14:01 AM
Before it is jumped on, needs to be mentioned 'the select few' are those presently involved in litigation. While not a lawyer I'd think shipping to them is not allowed until settled.

Right, thanks for that.
legendary
July 27, 2014, 11:55:12 PM
July 27, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
Not publicly providing tracking numbers is a good idea that isn't information any company should release, but the excuse of not providing it directly to each client because of "potential trouble makers" seems somewhat bizarre to say the least.
Indeed the UPS tracking number should be sent privately to the client as soon as the package is shipped.  Thre is no excuse for not doing so.

I intended to suggest that they publish only

"order #, model, quantity, date order received, date(s) product(s) shipped/refunded"

for all orders, so that each client can verify not only his status but also how it stands in relation to the other clients.

In normal circumstances a company would not publish such data, but given the persistent (and, I would think, justified) suspicions that this company is being quite unfair in the scheduling of shipments/refunds, publising that information would do more good than harm, IMHO.

Bitcoin-related businesses in general are risky because they are not regulated, and, being private companies rather than public, they are not required to submit to independent audit every quarter.  One way to reduce that risk and increase customer confidence is to be more transparent than a normal corporation would.

After every ones order is delivered, aside from the select few, then yes maybe we'll do that. But in general companies don't need to do that,nor justify itself on this forum/thread. Our clients never came from here, maybe 20-30 of them max. Some of them ended up here but we do not sell on this forum and have no desire to gain clients from this forum. We're targeting larger companies now, just as we did before. End users, or single client consumer sales are a headache,and for our small staff its more logical to focus on a few enterprise clients rather then hundreds of average joe. When you need 100-1000 machines in 7 days or less, come to us, that's about it.

Lets go back to supporting AMT guys, we are turning it around and strategically we're in a very decent position in the moment.
legendary
July 27, 2014, 11:40:20 PM

Indeed the UPS tracking number should be sent privately to the client as soon as the package is shipped.  Thre is no excuse for not doing so.

Ja. Pointed out to Josh off-site that the shipping co's will even do that for them. Just tick the box and provide email along with shipping address. The email is automagically sent when shipment is in the system and in-transit. Could still refuse delivery but then it is at the customers request with proof of something sent..
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
July 27, 2014, 11:07:56 PM
Not publicly providing tracking numbers is a good idea that isn't information any company should release, but the excuse of not providing it directly to each client because of "potential trouble makers" seems somewhat bizarre to say the least.
Indeed the UPS tracking number should be sent privately to the client as soon as the package is shipped.  Thre is no excuse for not doing so.

"order #, model, quantity, date order received, date(s) product(s) shipped/refunded"

for all orders, so that each client can verify not only his status but also how it stands in relation to the other clients.

In normal circumstances a company would not publish such data, but given the persistent (and, I would think, justified) suspicions that this company is being quite unfair in the scheduling of shipments/refunds, publising that information would do more good than harm, IMHO.

Bitcoin-related businesses in general are risky because they are not regulated, and, being private companies rather than public, they are not required to submit to independent audit every quarter.  One way to reduce that risk and increase customer confidence is to be more transparent than a normal corporation would.

This is a good point. +1 thanks for being constructive Cheesy
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
July 27, 2014, 10:47:52 PM
Indeed the UPS tracking number should be sent privately to the client as soon as the package is shipped.  Thre is no excuse for not doing so.

Bitcoin-related businesses in general are risky because they are not regulated, and, being private companies rather than public, they are not required to submit to independent audit every quarter.  One way to reduce that risk and increase customer confidence is to be more transparent than a normal corporation would.
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
July 27, 2014, 10:40:32 PM
When my machine arrives, apparently on some random day without my knowledge, I'm fully welcome it. My hope is to hash and make some of my loss back.

I do look forward to seeing what the compensation plan AMT has in place is.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
July 27, 2014, 10:08:04 PM
The refusal to produce tracking numbers (with a bizarre excuse of fear of "trouble makers") is another image buster. If the backlog is being cleared, why not publish the list of all the orders, with tracking numbers, and their status?

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
July 27, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
AMT, you NEED to not respond in kind to insults, or you will NEVER turn your rep around. This is friendly advice, believe it or not. It's a mistake you keep making. Customers can be as unreasonable as they are capable of, and you MUST NOT EVER respond in kind. It's a shitty deal, but it's the way life is.

I am glad that you've found an avenue to make your clients whole. That's all I ever hoped for after things went south. Please take the opportunity to hit reset as best you can. I frankly would highly recommend selling your company, cutting your losses and letting someone who's rep has not been tarnished start it over. It would probably work best for all involved.

That being said, this is not unrecoverable. If you make NO promises until you have equipment in hand, and do NOT take pre orders, and then follow through a bit better than you DO promise, you'll come back and look good.
This may be the most sensible post in this thread yet...

On the other hand, at this point customers cannot trust anything about the company that is not backed by solid evidence. Photos and testimonials from other customers, unfortunately, are not solid evidence of anything.   Photos can be misleading even without being outright lies, and "customer testimonials" may come from the company, or from customers who felt necessary to lie in order to improve their chances.   Didn't the company just state that it was "punishing" a poster for his criticisms by moving his claim to the end of the queue?

The company claims that it wants to restore its reputation, but, as @Biomech well noted,  insulting and threatening customers only damages it more.  No matter how quickly the backlog will be cleared, the customers will still have suffered large losses, and the company will still be guilty of thoses losses.  They have all the right to be angry, and write negative reviews, while the company has no right to be cocky.  But posing as victims of their victims is a standard ruse of scammers...

The refusal to produce tracking numbers (with a bizarre excuse of fear of "trouble makers") is another image buster. If the backlog is being cleared, why not publish the list of all the orders, with tracking numbers, and their status?

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 27, 2014, 08:23:01 PM
*sigh*

This shit is why I gave up months ago.

AMT, you NEED to not respond in kind to insults, or you will NEVER turn your rep around. This is friendly advice, believe it or not. It's a mistake you keep making. Customers can be as unreasonable as they are capable of, and you MUST NOT EVER respond in kind. It's a shitty deal, but it's the way life is.

I am glad that you've found an avenue to make your clients whole. That's all I ever hoped for after things went south. Please take the opportunity to hit reset as best you can. I frankly would highly recommend selling your company, cutting your losses and letting someone who's rep has not been tarnished start it over. It would probably work best for all involved.

That being said, this is not unrecoverable. If you make NO promises until you have equipment in hand, and do NOT take pre orders, and then follow through a bit better than you DO promise, you'll come back and look good.
July 27, 2014, 07:05:17 PM
Activity: 420
July 27, 2014, 06:16:26 PM
July 27, 2014, 06:13:29 PM
Hmmm, hardware just showing up doesn't exactly make me happy. I mean happier than nothing showing up, but I don't know how DHL handles deliveries to my address.

Do you know if they are willing to give out tracking numbers like FedEx did? I'd just prefer to be home for the delivery. I'll be happy to make the call my self.
July 27, 2014, 05:48:48 PM
I see five board and four board units? Would you care to elaborate? Nice to hear that the debacle should be ending within the next week.

Aso you should have some little powered by Red Bull stickers made up to slap on them.

July 27, 2014, 03:17:55 PM
July 27, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

Pages:
Jump to: