Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 35. (Read 149453 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 23, 2014, 10:33:08 PM
You said that you had 2 orders for 1.2 machines (580 and 650), but mentioned only receiving 1 miner. Is that correct? What speed is the miner? How is it working?

Thanks for the update

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

Yes, I placed 2 orders. As for the miner I recently received, it is performing well. The miner has averaged 800GH/s which is what 4 boards, or 32 A1 chips should be hashing, according to the A1 chip specifications. Each Kit miner had 5 boards, 40 A1 chips, so that would yield 1TH/s. I have not tried changing the frequency of the chip. Right now each board is running at 800Mhz, which can be changed up to 1050Mhz. (The increments are 50Mhz up to 1050Mhz). I think the 4 boards could then yield 1TH/s, but that could shorten the life of the chips or cause them to burn out. I don't want to risk it.

On another note, I found how to change the language to English. If you SSH into the miner and open the file /var/www/conf.php there is a LANG variable that is set to "zh". Change that to "en" and save the file. The site will be in English without the help of Google Translate.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd Pool entries are being essentially ignored. I see the entries present when looking at # ps -efww | grep cgminer. I tried with different pools and different workers on each Pool but the 2nd and 3rd entries report that no work is being done. Finally I set all three entries the same and called it a day.

I setup the miner to mine on Eligius today, 7/23 at 12pm EST. You can see the results here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Pof4JuXwDzvL6BK6r7roKuCmDMUUkghgn
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
July 23, 2014, 06:16:29 PM
You said that you had 2 orders for 1.2 machines (580 and 650), but mentioned only receiving 1 miner. Is that correct? What speed is the miner? How is it working?

Thanks for the update

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

I am actually dumbfounded by people's inability to read posts from the thread.

If they are actually going by order number then it makes sense he'd only receive one since he's two separate orders spaced apart. He posted pictures of the hash rate which was a little low 88O, looks like the web interface reads it at 1th.  Now I'm not sure what is happening with compensation for his orders as appears there was none and product isn't hashing at it's advertised 1.2TH. This development makes me sad.

I think they said they cleared through all the backlogged 520 orders and bumped them up because hey fuck everyone else. A hosted solution I have no control over is not really a solution as it could disappear in a moment's notice. And I swear if we are compensated with just 1 year of hosting since that's what their contracts are I'll be pretty pissed.

Hey, AMT give me a scrypt miner and I'll tattoo your logo on my body. I can't promise it won't be on my ass though.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
July 23, 2014, 03:45:12 PM

Thanks for the update

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 23, 2014, 03:17:40 PM
We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

Power up the units and test them before shipping them out. Y'know, Quality Control? Google it if you don't know what it means.

I'm amazed that you can still make mistakes like this, this late in the game. Get your shit together.

I walked away from this debacle a long time ago, though I occasionally watch. I think that after all that has transpired, this is REALLY minor.

From where I sit, at least they are making an effort to make good on this disaster.

I'll share your same opinion if I start seeing some posts here about people receiving product. So far, only 1 user has received something back - and it was totally unexpected by the sounds of it.

So much for believing Josh when he said he's updating people via email with tracking #'s about their RMAs. This guy who got one sounds like he was kept in the dark about it.

Joshua Zipkin lied? stop the press!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
July 23, 2014, 01:39:09 PM
We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

Power up the units and test them before shipping them out. Y'know, Quality Control? Google it if you don't know what it means.

I'm amazed that you can still make mistakes like this, this late in the game. Get your shit together.

I walked away from this debacle a long time ago, though I occasionally watch. I think that after all that has transpired, this is REALLY minor.

From where I sit, at least they are making an effort to make good on this disaster.

I'll share your same opinion if I start seeing some posts here about people receiving product. So far, only 1 user has received something back - and it was totally unexpected by the sounds of it.

So much for believing Josh when he said he's updating people via email with tracking #'s about their RMAs. This guy who got one sounds like he was kept in the dark about it.
July 23, 2014, 01:31:38 AM
Also, if you are thinking about compensation routes, think about a sha256/Scrypt combo as comp. I obviously don't mean same machine obviously you're dealing with a2 products too so.
July 23, 2014, 12:47:17 AM
We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

With the 520 machines I think it's just the fact of not really being able to produce a 520 machine for significantly less than the 1.1 machine they are sending in it's place, since they already had the chips and are obviously renting out the labor.  It's the 1.2th that are going to give them an issue. Do they just sent 2 1.1's, do they send 1 2th, do they send 1 1.1th and then choose a hosting amount that they feel is appropriate. But I don't like the idea of leaving my hosting in their hands really. I'd rather manage it as I see fit.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 22, 2014, 11:57:09 PM
We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

July 22, 2014, 11:18:08 PM

Thank god because I was not planing on learning chinese in the endevor.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
July 22, 2014, 02:17:32 PM
zzzzz

after 5 months delay... still waiting for a working unit.

But RedBull is thriving off AMT!
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
July 22, 2014, 01:10:54 PM

Here's an IDEA.

Even God got his shit together before shipping his creation.

"Lord, why have you forsaken me?"

"And, on some subsequent day, God took a mighty dump, then upon looking at, and smelling it, he said, 'I outdid myself this time!' And, it was good."
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
July 22, 2014, 01:04:44 PM
zzzzz

after 5 months delay... still waiting for a working unit.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
July 22, 2014, 12:52:03 PM

Here's an IDEA.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
July 22, 2014, 10:33:32 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
July 22, 2014, 01:12:41 AM
OK, here's what I have so far. The web interface is in Japanese (not sure), so I took pictures of the page translated in case anyone needs it.
It's in Chinese.  The first three ideograms are "Bitcoin". (That is about as far as my Chinese gets.)
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 22, 2014, 01:05:32 AM
OK, here's what I have so far. The web interface is in Japanese, err, I mean Chinese (not sure), so I took pictures of the page translated in case anyone needs it. The miner is accessible via SSH and the default user/pass is root/admin. It seems that each board has 200GH/s to 250GH/s. The Pools report a max of 850GH/s but I saw the web interface reported 1TH/s. Each board probably has 8 A1 chips, I can't tell since there is an elongated heatsink on the A1 chips that covers the board instead of the little gold heatsinks that were on the previous boards. Mining results are only after about 2 hours of hashing, 1 hour per pool, Eligius and BitMinter, not at the same time. I also took pictures of the inside but did not separate boards from case since they are firmly attached. The boards can be removed but I didn't do it for this post.

P.S. I ran cgminer on SSH and verified that each board has 8 A1 chips with 32 active cores. Also the ventilation is excellent. After over 2 hours the boards are cool enough to touch and the 2 giant fans keep the system very well ventilated. The fans are extremely loud though. If you have ever been in a co-location with hundreds of servers running their fans at full tilt then you know what I am talking about.

July 22, 2014, 12:52:38 AM

Order number?
um read the post
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
July 22, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

Order number?
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
July 21, 2014, 10:08:08 PM
BE200 setup.

Incorporating modules into a different setup, also should been done by the end of the week.
is that this?? http://minersource.net/products/btc-garden-am-v1-310gh-bitcoin-miner-ships-7-11
July 21, 2014, 08:29:59 PM
Also interesting development with the water cooling.
Pages:
Jump to: