Pages:
Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 34. (Read 149453 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
July 25, 2014, 11:36:24 PM
As for the new miners in production - lets just say as far as the miner designs go: Lessons learned and not repeated..

However, it is more than very worrisome that so far only the 1 has surfaced...  Huh
legendary
July 25, 2014, 11:21:52 PM
You think that if the thread was just left to a paid shill like you
For the 'official' and if needed legal record I have to date:

Received zero return on the $4089 I spent with them.
Received zero payment of any sort from AMT et-al.

For the sole purpose of doing qualified professional 3rd-party forensics of the designs and hashing boards - gratis mind you - I have received:
   1 pc TH miner case with cage and backplane. Yes arrived poorly packaged but mostly intact for testbed purposes. Ditched the case, just have cage holding 3 hash boards. 2 Briefly worked. Of the 2 - one still sorta does and is my sole remaining 'operational' reference.

8 of the AMT hashing boards in total including the above - all non-functional in one way or another, several minus heat sinks and as-received from the CM. All from the various versions produced before attempts at production of the oft-revised designs as given by BitMine.ch and produced by the CM up to May-June (?) or so was stopped. No idea on the exact dates.

2 main controller boards with pi's and cables. Minus the SD cards btw. Used my own and Josh sent me an image of the software.

Diagnostics time to date: including pouring over the schematics, BOM's and looking up/through component data sheets, microscopy to verify physical construction & components used (and approved substitutions), hardware testing as in signal timing integrity, voltages, etc.: 47 hours. Again all Gratis for the BTC Community. btw - my commercial paid rate is well over 200$/hr when on-site. I am good at what I do. Very very good.

In other words - I have a forensics testbed and components all of which per contract remains property of AMT. I found EXACTLY what the problems were/are with those hash boards and reported to AMT what I'd found.

From only the hardware point, just who is legally responsible for the myriad of issues with the original miners and to what extent is for the courts to decide. I can categorically state that of this mess perhaps the ONE thing that AMT has done right is not shipping more than a hand full of what was produced. Things would be far worse here and elsewhere...
From the customers point - AMT and AMT alone are who is on the Hot Seat. Hardware issues be damned their general business plan has been sketchy at best.

So much for being a paid shill, eh?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 25, 2014, 09:10:52 PM
Are you kidding? These guys have fucked customers every direction and in every hole. You think that if the thread was just left to a paid shill like you that more people wouldn't have been ripped off? They delete every negative post now as it is, so keep on trolling with your lips pressed on that scammer ass.
legendary
July 25, 2014, 04:28:41 PM
That's all you do here Opium, smooth stuff for AMT, go get life....You have been criticized previously here also from other members..
Roll Eyes Hmm.. members like sirmines, RickJames, and a few others who's only apparent purpose on the Forum here and in other threads is to try and kick over the kettle and fan flames despite never having bought (or tried to buy) gear from the companies in question  Roll Eyes Useless drivel - boatloads of. Useful information - zero. Their and your ranting opinions ain't worth diddly.

Bet your 2nd favorite pastime is to look for people on buildings so ya can shout, "JUMP!, JUMP!"
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
July 25, 2014, 01:27:44 PM
Yeah, go get life! Grab it by the balls.

He doesn't smooth anything over, he looks at things with a level head and has called out AMT on quite a few occasions.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
July 25, 2014, 12:51:29 PM
Activity: 532
July 25, 2014, 12:46:37 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 25, 2014, 12:22:17 PM

Liar, ...! This is Josh him self..only one person out of 1000 orders received miners..and is this guy here..That would be pretty stupid to believe..

I'm not Josh and you can see the history of my posts (https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/avaughan4-166777). I have berated AMT as much as anyone else on these boards. AMT still owes me another 1 TH/s miner, from their recall (https://advancedminers.com/amt-issues-recall-due-manufacturing-error/), and $2,609 in credit. Do your homework.

I'm just letting everyone know how it's going with the new miner. I had lost all hope already and wasn't even expecting to receive it.

On another note, I figured out why the Pools were not being load-balanced. The command being run from the web interface was missing the "--load-balance" parameter on the call to cgminer, after I added the parameter the 3 pool entries started to register work being done. I added both "--balance" and "--load-balance".

From file "/var/www/config.php" line 190.
Before:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

After:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network --balance --load-balance | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

I also raised the frequency of the boards to 900Mhz and the hasrate has averaged about 920GH/s on the web interface and 880 Gh/s on the pool side, which is the side that really counts.

July 25, 2014, 09:41:57 AM

Time to put this retard (calling him that is actually an insult to actual retards) back on ignore. Understandable why your posts in particular get deleted.
July 25, 2014, 09:08:02 AM
You said that you had 2 orders for 1.2 machines (580 and 650), but mentioned only receiving 1 miner. Is that correct? What speed is the miner? How is it working?

Thanks for the update

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

Yes, I placed 2 orders. As for the miner I recently received, it is performing well. The miner has averaged 800GH/s which is what 4 boards, or 32 A1 chips should be hashing, according to the A1 chip specifications. Each Kit miner had 5 boards, 40 A1 chips, so that would yield 1TH/s. I have not tried changing the frequency of the chip. Right now each board is running at 800Mhz, which can be changed up to 1050Mhz. (The increments are 50Mhz up to 1050Mhz). I think the 4 boards could then yield 1TH/s, but that could shorten the life of the chips or cause them to burn out. I don't want to risk it.

On another note, I found how to change the language to English. If you SSH into the miner and open the file /var/www/conf.php there is a LANG variable that is set to "zh". Change that to "en" and save the file. The site will be in English without the help of Google Translate.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd Pool entries are being essentially ignored. I see the entries present when looking at # ps -efww | grep cgminer. I tried with different pools and different workers on each Pool but the 2nd and 3rd entries report that no work is being done. Finally I set all three entries the same and called it a day.

I setup the miner to mine on Eligius today, 7/23 at 12pm EST. You can see the results here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Pof4JuXwDzvL6BK6r7roKuCmDMUUkghgn

Liar, ...! This is Josh him self..only one person out of 1000 orders received miners..and is this guy here..That would be pretty stupid to believe..
July 25, 2014, 09:05:17 AM
Eagerly awaiting those results. Since they are shipping according to the queue, those of us will be toward the end, but if the results are good then its a good ending to a difficult situation. Post some internals if you feel up to it. Would like to see the guts of that thing. Or otherwise just run it on elgius and post results Cheesy On the bright side at least this situation is not a hashfast where people pretty much got screwed.

Shut the fuck up Opium, are you Josh's bitch or something?.... he is shipping shit.....soon AMT are going to log on from Jail and delete posts here in bitcointalk.
July 25, 2014, 09:01:06 AM
We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

Power up the units and test them before shipping them out. Y'know, Quality Control? Google it if you don't know what it means.

I'm amazed that you can still make mistakes like this, this late in the game. Get your shit together.

Even God got his shit together before shipping his creation.

"Lord, why have you forsaken me?"

"And, on some subsequent day, God took a mighty dump, then upon looking at, and smelling it, he said, 'I outdid myself this time!' And, it was good."

hahahahaha dude ...love it!
July 24, 2014, 08:03:52 PM
Later on I can post one I use that will allow you to post multiple pools (easy to do).

Cool. I can try it out and see if it works.

Since cgminer is likley already in the bin folder this should work. I dont have one the these new AMT miners but most are built using the same type of firmware so this SHOULD work.

Code:
#/bin/sh
cgminer -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u xxxxxx - p xxxxxx -o another.bitcoin.poolhere:port -u xxxxxx - p xxxxxx

If it needs tweaking feel free to post back the changes. This is nothing fancy just a simple way to start it. Also once cgminer starts up, you can also save this as a config which will insure it starts up like this without the script all the time.
legendary
July 24, 2014, 07:28:30 PM

I don't know exactly how many watts it is pulling, nor do I have a gauge but maybe the interface can answer your question. The power supply can be seen in the case below and a close up picture of the power supply. The tower case is a standard size case, you can see all my pictures on page 125 of this thread. The web interface shows Utility and WUtility those read 22.6 and 86.24 respectively at the current moment. I have supplied pictures of the web interface and you can see those read 32.30 Utility and 84.07 WUtility.
I am using an APC Back-UPS BN4001 as the battery backup. Used a standard 110V computer power supply cable and the miner has been running well and the boards are cool enough to touch. I'm not well versed in electricity academics so I'm probably not the best candidate to answer these questions.

About the UPS, ever do a pull the plug test? I've found that miners do not like standard off-line ones even if only pulling 2/3 of max rating. I've switched to real true always-on-line ones like this good for 1,300w/1,5kva http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/smart-app-ups/paragon-series/ol1500rtxl2u.html Zero-transfer time with them, rock-solid 120v out even with only 90v coming in.
From TigerDirect was $547 or 0.86somethin' BTC. Yep. TigerDirect takes BTC. Just too cool... I also have the 2.2kva one for 4 oc'd Ant s1's (1.8kw for ~800GH total - but still easily paid off and feeding themselves + profit Smiley ). Of course they display all the info you would ever want on power & condition as well with simple front panel display.
July 24, 2014, 11:40:37 AM
Later on I can post one I use that will allow you to post multiple pools (easy to do).

Cool. I can try it out and see if it works.

July 24, 2014, 11:14:18 AM
You said that you had 2 orders for 1.2 machines (580 and 650), but mentioned only receiving 1 miner. Is that correct? What speed is the miner? How is it working?

Thanks for the update

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

Yes, I placed 2 orders. As for the miner I recently received, it is performing well. The miner has averaged 800GH/s which is what 4 boards, or 32 A1 chips should be hashing, according to the A1 chip specifications. Each Kit miner had 5 boards, 40 A1 chips, so that would yield 1TH/s. I have not tried changing the frequency of the chip. Right now each board is running at 800Mhz, which can be changed up to 1050Mhz. (The increments are 50Mhz up to 1050Mhz). I think the 4 boards could then yield 1TH/s, but that could shorten the life of the chips or cause them to burn out. I don't want to risk it.

On another note, I found how to change the language to English. If you SSH into the miner and open the file /var/www/conf.php there is a LANG variable that is set to "zh". Change that to "en" and save the file. The site will be in English without the help of Google Translate.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd Pool entries are being essentially ignored. I see the entries present when looking at # ps -efww | grep cgminer. I tried with different pools and different workers on each Pool but the 2nd and 3rd entries report that no work is being done. Finally I set all three entries the same and called it a day.

I setup the miner to mine on Eligius today, 7/23 at 12pm EST. You can see the results here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Pof4JuXwDzvL6BK6r7roKuCmDMUUkghgn

How big is the power supply? How many watts is it pulling?

I don't know exactly how many watts it is pulling, nor do I have a gauge but maybe the interface can answer your question. The power supply can be seen in the case below and a close up picture of the power supply. The tower case is a standard size case, you can see all my pictures on page 125 of this thread. The web interface shows Utility and WUtility those read 22.6 and 86.24 respectively at the current moment. I have supplied pictures of the web interface and you can see those read 32.30 Utility and 84.07 WUtility.
I am using an APC Back-UPS BN4001 as the battery backup. Used a standard 110V computer power supply cable and the miner has been running well and the boards are cool enough to touch. I'm not well versed in electricity academics so I'm probably not the best candidate to answer these questions.

July 24, 2014, 10:41:55 AM

Thanks for the update

On the cgminer front (since you seem comfortable with the CLI) you could write a small script for that. Later on I can post one I use that will allow you to post multiple pools (easy to do). I honestly do not like the web interfaces in general. But if the web interfaces accurately queries cgminer then running it from a console and scripting it to start like that will work better. Might not show the pools but the hashing speeds should show up.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 24, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

Thanks for the update

How big is the power supply? How many watts is it pulling?
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
July 24, 2014, 12:10:51 AM
does AMT have a new website or are they still using the "old" one?? just curious, with all the positive press if they have changed for the better.
Nevermind.  i see they are still accepting credit cards and paypal. Just not selling miners.
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
July 24, 2014, 12:02:08 AM
does AMT have a new website or are they still using the "old" one?? just curious, with all the positive press if they have changed for the better.
Pages:
Jump to: