Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 117. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Weird, the last 4 posts on the previous page are exact duplicates of posts from a few weeks ago. One of them is even mine. Is there something going on with bitcointalk?

I don't see what you see Boss...

Look at the last post on the previous page. Then look at this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22126921

The other 2 or 3 posts are duplicates from a few weeks ago as well.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Weird, the last 4 posts on the previous page are exact duplicates of posts from a few weeks ago. One of them is even mine. Is there something going on with bitcointalk?

I don't see what you see Boss...
i can't join the slack it said maintenance and i don't see any updates from devs , i like the idea but i still have questions to answer !

Send me your email by DM and I will invite you.

Thank you!

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Well, this is your preference. The community asked for simple information, not a novel. This team prefers to be anonymous and that is their right. The tech will speak for itself and if you want to become part of it great, if not, this is also your choice. We do our best to give what the community is asking for because they are helping us to spread the word. Otherwise, people don't work for free and this is the answer to your question and one of the first reasons for XFUEL. Not sure if you know the history of our project or not, but we are not funded like other coins.

Thank you for your comments!

I know the history and I have been holding XBY for quite some time.

Yes, the community asked for a website, but how did it take month to finish an extended ANN-webpage. Sure, design is always subjective. But I'm talking about uneven margins, cramped spaces and pretty much just the information from the ANN. This is literally a few days of work at most, not 3 month. And yes, of course it's everybodys right to remain anonymous.

Hopefully the tech will "speak for itself" and attract more people. But tbh I'm underwhelmed after all this time with the public side of things.
Activity: 56
Not owning any probably gives him a neutral position (he has been around for a while?). Doesn't matter either way.
Activity: 48
I can be inclined to hype but reading between the lines of what ccrev and team have been saying recently there is very little time until.a lot gets dropped. I cant see xby staying under 1000 sats once the news starts soon!

Ccrev last slack posts suggest we are only days away now. So im calling a moon coming really really soon!

Its a clique but true that this is the last chance for cheap xby.....the train really is about to leave the station....chu chu!
Activity: 56
Very nice. I understood most of it by the translation/explanation of Dave immediately afterwards but it's nice to read it through. Great job, good direction guys!
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
i can't join the slack it said maintenance and i don't see any updates from devs , i like the idea but i still have questions to answer !
It's not only about XFUEL. I don't get how the website took month to finish and still has little to no information on it, no team member information mentioned and not an outstanding design. Whatever is or isn't happening with the technology itself, that doesn't reinforce trust in the project. Rather the opposite....

The design was the one chosen by the community, but I think was re purposed to fit the rebranding in August. Blame democracy for that if you personally don't like the design. There is good amounts of information between the ANN and what is on the website right now and most likely the whitepaper tomorrow (which will be on the website). The website is basically a streamlined/simple version of the more detailed ANN. Team members come and go all the time, sometimes only to work on one task. It is an entire community effort. Borz is the sole "core" member right now (from the tech side of things) because he is still building everything. But he's got helpers like bumbacoin and jcpbs for small programming tasks like compiling.
It's not only about XFUEL. I don't get how the website took month to finish and still has little to no information on it, no team member information mentioned and not an outstanding design. Whatever is or isn't happening with the technology itself, that doesn't reinforce trust in the project. Rather the opposite....

Well, this is your preference. The community asked for simple information, not a novel. This team prefers to be anonymous and that is their right. The tech will speak for itself and if you want to become part of it great, if not, this is also your choice. We do our best to give what the community is asking for because they are helping us to spread the word. Otherwise, people don't work for free and this is the answer to your question and one of the first reasons for XFUEL. Not sure if you know the history of our project or not, but we are not funded like other coins.

Thank you for your comments!

Although I liked the 777, I was less than impressed with the (so called biggest !) announcement on 10/10. I also don't get why everybody is liking the new homepage. It literally took month to finish and still has almost no information on it, doesn't look that good (what happend to the winning design from the contest?) and has no mention of any teammembers. Especially the last point is usually a disqualifier for my crypto-investments. I get that Borzalom is developing this mostly alone, but the new website should have been absolutely nailed it after all this time.

Hence the 10/10 announcement Smiley When you realize what happened on 10/10 and understand the big picture we are explaining slowly, you will see what is happening. Thank you!
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Is PoSign explained in layman terms anywhere? thanks  Wink

Give this a read as well.    https://medium.com/@xxxxxxxddfeutt/how-the-xtrabytes-blockchain-works-69979081bf42

"With regard to network lag, this is not relevant because the network is virtual. Therefore if lag exists it is equal across the entire virtual network. So, the virtual overview network or the Virtual Chord Network solves the problem."

There are many community members who understand how the tech would work much more than I do.  Also, there has been some very good conversations in the Slack.  Shoot me a PM and I can get you added.
Although I liked the 777, I was less than impressed with the (so called biggest !) announcement on 10/10. I also don't get why everybody is liking the new homepage. It literally took month to finish and still has almost no information on it, doesn't look that good (what happend to the winning design from the contest?) and has no mention of any teammembers. Especially the last point is usually a disqualifier for my crypto-investments. I get that Borzalom is developing this mostly alone, but the new website should have absolutely nailed it after all this time.
Activity: 84

Oh yeah I already read it and the white paper  Smiley Smiley

I was asking for something more approachable like a blog post where it is compared other methods of building Trust. (PoW, PoS, DPos, etc)

Not sure what you have read or what you are expecting. But, we have no whitepaper released yet and these other technologies are completely different. Tomorrow we will release our whitepaper and in the mean time I encourage you to visit our website to start gaining some understanding. https://xtrabytes.global Thank you!

Thanks a lot for the help!!

i'm probably confused with some other coin  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed... i've done a lot of research and reading this week

so I will be reading the actual white paper as soon as it is published!!  Wink

I was asking for something more approachable like a blog post where it is compared other methods of building Trust. (PoW, PoS, DPos, etc)

Not sure what you have read or what you are expecting. But, we have no whitepaper released yet and these other technologies are completely different. Tomorrow we will release our whitepaper and in the mean time I encourage you to visit our website to start gaining some understanding. https://xtrabytes.global Thank you!

Is PoSign explained in layman terms anywhere? thanks  Wink

Try the ANN you are on.

Which one of the 234 pages ?  Huh Huh
Jump to: