Pages:
Author

Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <> - page 22. (Read 113533 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 71
thevapebook.com
I'll have to take that back unfortunately. I am, again, unable to connect to the server (eu.triplemining.com). Until the problem is solved, I'm forced to move to a different pool which is unfortunate, because I'd much rather prefer to stay at Triple....

instead try: eu1.triplemining.com or eu2.triplemining.com
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Ok, now all of the sudden it works again yay!

I'll have to take that back unfortunately. I am, again, unable to connect to the server (eu.triplemining.com). Until the problem is solved, I'm forced to move to a different pool which is unfortunate, because I'd much rather prefer to stay at Triple...
Ok, now all of the sudden it works again yay!

@kinlo:
Thanks! Do you know what the problem was?

edit: I have a recent rash of problems with my hardware. Random freezes, problems with my internet connection, even the friggin power cable to my rig malfunctioned!
I sure hope this spree of bad luck is over soon. :sad:

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Pool operator of Triplemining.com
Is anybody having problems connecting to Triplemining today? I upgraded my rig over the weekend and today it failed to connect to the server with either of my workers. Other pools work fine though.
I haven't changed the network settings or anything.

I'm absolutely NOT pool hopping and I used to have 700+ mhashes 24/7 for weeks!

Can anyone help me?

You can always contact the staff by emailing [email protected] or by sending me a direct message.. Please send me your username on triplemining so I can investigate. (NEVER send your password, we do not need it)
Is anybody having problems connecting to Triplemining today? I upgraded my rig over the weekend and today it failed to connect to the server with either of my workers. Other pools work fine though.
I haven't changed the network settings or anything.

I'm absolutely NOT pool hopping and I used to have 700+ mhashes 24/7 for weeks!

Can anyone help me?
Activity: 270
yeah, 21 minutes into the new block, and we are already over 200 Ghps.

This block already sucks for me.
With my approximately 200 Mh/s I'm trying to hold on to .09BTC.
It should be almost twice that if not, apparently, for the massive hoppers near the beginning of the block.
Activity: 263
Pool operator of Triplemining.com
Don't worry, jackpot goes to those that are faithfull to the pool Smiley
Activity: 85
another jackpot day and sure enough the same user ijn my minipool is back with his whopping 5mh/s to steal the jackpot! i view this as cheating, something needs to be done to make sure that people dont just rub a cpu miner on jackpot day!
the username is "dinoseer"
Activity: 322
Its over everyone the block from hell its over!!! Grin

yeah, 21 minutes into the new block, and we are already over 200 Ghps.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Yeah I see, just hopped in again! Kiss

By the way - what is done against people gaming the jackpot by creating (e.g.) 100 accounts and simply running 100 miners on a GPU (not really a problem for GPUs, though I haven't tried with that high numbers) all going at CPU miner speed? I guess that could increase chances to "jack the pot" somewhat significantly and only costs time one to set the whole stuff up once.

Edit:
And hellooo >200GH/s hash rate! Thanks and gratulations to everyone who chooses to mine at massive losses just to make hoppers happy!
Activity: 154
Merit: 102

kick ass.  Does triplemining not tell you who discovered it?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
Is today jackpot day?Huh Its been a week since the last one!

I know its wishfull thinking seeing as though this block is taking an age but I thought I would ask. It might get a few long lost miners back so we can crack this sucker!!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
I would like to get this pool's opinion on something.  There is a discussion between pool hoppers going on that instead of going to a PPS pool when there is nothing to hop that they should move over (at least at times) to those pools with an absurdly long block.  Right now, you should have discovered 4 blocks in the space of this last block, and I bet it would be appreciated if you had hoppers jump in and help you get past this epoch of bad luck.  Opinions?

This is one of those scenarios where I felt a rational pool operator would happily welcome hoppers Cheesy
An extra say 100GH/s could just end the round really quick, although I don't know if the hoppers would find it profitable to do so, since profitability is their primary objective.

That is what I am hoping.  I made a change to the client, and submitted it to the main fork in github.  The way it'll work: friendly pools would be marked as such, and instead of moving to a PPS server when there are no good places to mine, it'll look first for friendly pools and find the one with the highest shares count over 200% of difficulty and mine there.  Right now, if triplemining were friendly, you would see a lot of extra miners coming in during these trying times.

Yes, it hurts profits, and those miners obsessed with profits probably won't use it, but many realize hopping only works when you have pools to hop, and concessions need to be made to ally with pools.

I am glad to see that my idea (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=31400.msg397461#msg397461) is finding some real support and the code, that enables a quick "To The Rescue" operations is on its way... 

I made a change to the client

Ääh? To what client?
Activity: 42
That is what I am hoping.  I made a change to the client, and submitted it to the main fork in github.  The way it'll work: friendly pools would be marked as such, and instead of moving to a PPS server when there are no good places to mine, it'll look first for friendly pools and find the one with the highest shares count over 200% of difficulty and mine there.  Right now, if triplemining were friendly, you would see a lot of extra miners coming in during these trying times.

Yes, it hurts profits, and those miners obsessed with profits probably won't use it, but many realize hopping only works when you have pools to hop, and concessions need to be made to ally with pools.

That would be good. Although I find it difficult to come up with a good objective argument against profit-oriented (as opposed to giving up after 3 days) hopping, it just don't feel right. If hoppers start contributing their hashrates to help smaller pools get past difficult rounds, it would definitely help swing the perception.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
I would like to get this pool's opinion on something.  There is a discussion between pool hoppers going on that instead of going to a PPS pool when there is nothing to hop that they should move over (at least at times) to those pools with an absurdly long block.  Right now, you should have discovered 4 blocks in the space of this last block, and I bet it would be appreciated if you had hoppers jump in and help you get past this epoch of bad luck.  Opinions?

This is one of those scenarios where I felt a rational pool operator would happily welcome hoppers Cheesy
An extra say 100GH/s could just end the round really quick, although I don't know if the hoppers would find it profitable to do so, since profitability is their primary objective.

How so?

I might be wrong since my only experience with SMPPS is with Eligius.
There's a calculated value per share, e.g. 0.000001 BTC per share.
If the total payout is more than 50 BTC, only 50 BTC is paid and the rest held in credit to be paid in subsequent rounds where total payout is less than 50 BTC.

If TM had a payout based on 2M per round since most rounds before the current massive one were under 1M. This would be 0.000025/share

When a massive round like the current one hits, which isn't ending, say 8M, that would be 200BTC needed but 150BTC would only be returned in subsequent round. If another big round hits before this is paid off, miners are going to realize it might take a long time for this to be returned.

In which case, the hoppers would still hop, once the total round goes beyond X shares until the debt is cleared. Since they can still earn the same BTC while mining elsewhere.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Would you do this even if triplemining is switching to PPLNS or SMPPS after this round? :p

At low hashrate, I think SMPPS would be suicidal? Cheesy

How so?
Would you do this even if triplemining is switching to PPLNS or SMPPS after this round? :p

At low hashrate, I think SMPPS would be suicidal? Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: