Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 409. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Bmo thinks flitz works really well Grin

Activity: 288
Merit: 253
1500!  Even its quite fast to request alias in NXT wallet... Thats a lot of work!  Smiley

Remember, this was around December 20th.
For an alias transaction to complete, you actually had to wait for about 2-5 seconds and sometimes, they timed out...

I have some long nights invested  Grin

Cheesy

Hey I just got weyland and weylandindustries   Smiley  
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
Hey guys. Does anybody know who produced the main Nxt video? https://vimeo.com/93300399

I think d13id did that one. Not sure who else worked on it. It was before my time.

Yeah it's mine. I spend two weeks to write this text. and other two weeks for preparing to do this :-D

Got ya in my signature Cool

Good job man
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
1500!  Even its quite fast to request alias in NXT wallet... Thats a lot of work!  Smiley

Remember, this was around December 20th.
For an alias transaction to complete, you actually had to wait for about 2-5 seconds and sometimes, they timed out...

I have some long nights invested  Grin
Activity: 288
Merit: 253
Wow, we are going to get tons of Alias squating!

Since this is the wild west with no centralization people can start registering trademarks with impunity right? Things like eBay, eBay.com, Overstock, Overstock.com, Amazon, Amazon.com etc.

You are about 6 months too late for that.   Smiley

Right. Wink But, more will occur.

I'm just saying, people are going to want to sell these aliases to the companies that own the trademarks, and there is no recourse to the trademark holder. I'm not sure how that is going to reflect on NXT. Guess I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say.

As a holder of 1500 aliases (Yes, I didn't sleep for two days to get them Cheesy), I never thought that I would be able to sell them to the big companies. I still think that's a rather unlikely scenario for now.

However, I do think that there will be a lively crypto related trade and things like game related ones. I am interested in how it will pan out.
At least my investment of time and Nxt will hopefully be repaid Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Hey guys. Does anybody know who produced the main Nxt video? https://vimeo.com/93300399

Have you checked out the new Nxt video too? It's amazing!  Shocked  Shocked

http://vimeo.com/96827578

@ d13id respect dude! I will send you some LOVE, if I had your Nxt accountnumber!

He's got an alias registered: NXT-4LGU-LM3P-H2KC-5WC6M
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

Have you checked out the new Nxt video too? It's amazing!  Shocked  Shocked

http://vimeo.com/96827578

@ d13id respect dude! I will send you some LOVE, if I had your Nxt accountnumber!
Activity: 144
Merit: 100

I think d13id did that one. Not sure who else worked on it. It was before my time.

Yeah it's mine. I spend two weeks to write this text. and other two weeks for preparing to do this :-D
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1736
Ok, Thanks alot for the quick responses... I think I may have just mistyped.
Ill get back in a second.

Check your capslock key too. Many a password lockout was due to that pesky capslock. Wink

I wonder why anyone would even type the secret phrase. The secret phrase needs to be long to be safe as it is open to brute force attack.

The master password for password managers doesn't need to be that long, as the thief would need access to the vault file first (close to impossible), plus password managers use  key stretching to make brute much harder. Users can also enable two factor authentication on lastpass. That's extra security.

You can get away (and never get hacked)  even if you have weak master password for say lastpass, but nxt requires very strong/random password.

My lastpass master is 16 characters. Just the other day after two "try again's" I realized my caps lock was on. On most of my machines I have caps lock mapped to be just a regular shift key. But, yes, point taken, it is the only password I type.

Perhaps the wallets should automatically trim leading/trailing spaces from the password entry. Unless people really want to start or end their passwords with spaces.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Check your capslock key too. Many a password lockout was due to that pesky capslock. Wink

I wonder why anyone would even type the secret phrase. The secret phrase needs to be long to be safe as it is open to brute force attack.

The master password for password managers doesn't need to be that long, as the thief would need access to the vault file first (close to impossible), plus password managers use  key stretching to make brute much harder. Users can also enable two factor authentication on lastpass. That's extra security.

You can get away (and never get hacked)  even if you have weak master password for say lastpass, but nxt requires very strong/random password -- weak easy to type password is not an option.
legendary

Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Can somebody help? I am using the official nxt client, and I sent around 3500 nxt to my account id.

It showed up after I had logged out for a while, then logged back in.

I registered a few aliases, to have an outgoing transaction like the client prompted me to, they confirmed, I exited out of the client again.

(During this time I had also added Nemstake to my asset list.)

Upon logging in the next time I was greeted with a completely new account id.... no coins. Thinking I mistyped my pass I logged out and retyped...

It brought to a different account id this time... however when I click to Asset Exchange it recognizes Nemstake.

What did I do? Where are my coins? I will tip whoever helps me solve this problem.

Thanks
-EFFV

The thing is that the group of assets is saved locally, so it will displayed always if you're using the same pc. But your account is a brainwallet that means that your passphrase is your wallet and it can't changed never again. Thus you have entered the wrong passphrase. Have you copied and pasted your passphrase? If yes, check whether it has been copied correctly or type it in manually. Even blanks are important.
Activity: 644
Can somebody help? I am using the official nxt client, and I sent around 3500 nxt to my account id.

I registered a few aliases, to have an outgoing transaction like the client prompted me to, they confirmed, I exited out of the client again.

Upon logging in the next time I was greeted with a completely new account id.... no coins. Thinking I mistyped my pass I logged out and retyped...

It brought to a different account id this time... however when I click to Asset Exchange it recognizes Nemstake.

What did I do? Where are my coins? I will tip whoever helps me solve this problem.

You are mistyping the password or making copy and paste errors. That's the only explanation.

I suggest you use password manager (keypass, lastpass, etc) so you don't make that kinds of mistake.  https://lastpass.com/

Activity: 574

Thanks
-EFFV

What is your account number? Common password error is including adding a space before or after, this counts as a new password.

Is Nemstake shown in "My assets"?
Activity: 278
Merit: 250

Thanks
-EFFV
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

Since this is the wild west with no centralization people can start registering trademarks with impunity right? Things like eBay, eBay.com, Overstock, Overstock.com, Amazon, Amazon.com etc.

I'm just saying, people are going to want to sell these aliases to the companies that own the trademarks, and there is no recourse to the trademark holder. I'm not sure how that is going to reflect on NXT. Guess I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say.

As a holder of 1500 aliases (Yes, I didn't sleep for two days to get them Cheesy), I never thought that I would be able to sell them to the big companies. I still think that's a rather unlikely scenario for now.

However, I do think that there will be a lively crypto related trade and things like game related ones. I am interested in how it will pan out.
At least my investment of time and Nxt will hopefully be repaid Smiley
legendary

Jump to: