Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 14. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 107
I haven’t tried using one of the gpu’s for video. Was just easier to use the vga output on the board.

On another note, their communication has been super slow. I know they mentioned somewhere they were moving offices, but haven’t heard a word about the new batch or my warranty replacement after a week.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
I tried this board with rxOC today which was not able to fully boot with PCI as the primary display. Can anyone else replicate this?
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Any news on shipping for the 10th to 20th batch?
There wasn’t any splitter in either of the boards I have. Just a sata adapter cable that plugs into the motherboard for sata hd power.

I’m not sure on the next batch, I’m still waiting for my replacement board to even ship. They emailed me saying it shipped but sent me my original tracking number.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
This board works with 1x to 4 pci-e splitter ? If so how many adapter/cards maximum we can running ?

I would be most concerned about the amount of power you're pulling through that adapter. Depending on the gauge of the wire and the quality of the connector itself you could easily overload it.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
This board works with 1x to 4 pci-e splitter ? If so how many adapter/cards maximum we can running ?

legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
So did the 10-20 March boards start shipping?

I ordered one
I played around over the last day with awesome miner and now i'm running dstm direct mining and below are the temps/hash speed for the 5 cards. the Noctua's are probably as loud as the deltas. What was the db for the delta's? I know I saw it posted somewhere but can't find it and too lazy to search. You can see that all the cards are less than 60 degrees so temps are not an issue thus far.

https://imgur.com/a/buzk4
Ya I’m just gonna sell them and get different ones. Got 5 cards in now, temps are 60-61 degrees with the lid on. Ordered a fan controller to play around with fan speeds and temps a bit.
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
BTW, the MSI Dukes will not fit in this case. Not even close

yeah, you might be able to fit them by moving both intake and exhaust sets of fans to the outside of the case and drilling new holes for the motherboard standoffs and gpu backplate support bracket and moving it all forward.  would take a lot of modification.   I ended up modding a $100 rosewill 4U case to shove my Duke cards into that were too large to fit in the octominer case
They are the 3k rpm ones but they are still a bit quieter than the deltas. I will take some dB readings later.

https://imgur.com/a/Y76cn

BTW, the MSI Dukes will not fit in this case. Not even close, they are ridiculously bigger than all the other 1079 ti’s I have. Now I have to sell them and get some new ones.
Activity: 367
Merit: 34
Here’s my octominer case with the Noctua fans, waiting on my alternate octominer board as well as one of the Onda B250 boards to come in tomorrow. I will be testing both head to head and will do a full review.

https://imgur.com/gallery/D9FqG

Are those the 2000rpm or 3000rpm fans? I use the same fans (2000) on my server case rigs. Excellent fans, but quite pricey. That’s $170 in fans right there. If you can get the case at reduced cost without the fans might be more worth it. If not just stick to the stock screamers. Especially if it’s the 3000rpm version, they won’t be much quieter. Even the 2000s are a bit loud.
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
When we will use credit card without PayPal ? PayPal is blocked in my country and non of Turkey credit cards work with PayPal. I'm still waiting to buy.

Hey!

We should have credit card processing again in April meanwhile crypto only.
And we will never ever use Paypal again.  Smiley
Here’s my octominer case with the Noctua fans, waiting on my alternate octominer board as well as one of the Onda B250 boards to come in tomorrow. I will be testing both head to head and will do a full review.

https://imgur.com/gallery/D9FqG
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
When we will use credit card without PayPal ? PayPal is blocked in my country and non of Turkey credit cards work with PayPal. I'm still waiting to buy.
Ya I do the same thing. I have each house rig on a WiFi enabled smart plug that I can power cycle from anywhere as long as I have WiFi or cell service. Has come in handy more times than I can count.
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Are you shutting the system down via a power button or windows shutdown?

Running Hive OS - basically my plan was to reset it by switching off the power from a remote wall socket adapter then waiting a few seconds and enabling power again with the device then powering back up.

I have mounted the case high up on the garage wall so wanted to get away from pushing buttons etc was hoping to reset just via my phone with an app

That's not a bad idea to use a remote power socket.
In april we will also start selling PDU's (power distribution units) that have networking features and has remote reboot feature for all the individual sockets.

If anybody has any specific ideas or requests then please let us know. We are currently developing a range of PDUs that we plan to launch late April.
I’m looking to buy a 2nd board if anyone has one for sale in US.
It was defaulted to on with mine, but I can’t rhink of anything else that would cause that problem. If you reset the psu remotely, the motherboard should boot up.
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be the power on after AC loss in the bios settings.

Possibly - have left the bios untouched when the mobo shipped - I wonder if that is the default setting or not?
Pages:
Jump to: