Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 11. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

We have Nvidia P104 Mining GPUs In Stock! 40-41MH/S at 120W only.

BRAND NEW!

ETHEREUM HASHRATE 40-41MH/S

PRICE FOR 1-5 UNITS – 645 USD

PRICE FOR 5-20 UNITS – 640 USD

PRICE FOR 20-50 UNITS – 630 USD

https://octominer.com/shop/inno3d-nvidia-p104-mining-gpu-40-41mh-s-eth/
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
@octominer  can you provide the technical specs for how the power on/off circuitry is designed?  Apparently it was designed differently than 99% of motherboards out there to where an optoisolated gate is not able to power the board on and off.  Thanks

fwiw my onda b250 d8p v1 has the same bug, power button will turn it on but not off. cant see anything in the bios either.

sorry for the non helpful reply, just another datapoint.

Hey!
Our motherboard does actually support turning off from the power switch.
Please have a look here to see exactly how to connect the button switches and LEDs to the motherboard.
https://youtu.be/49YBnjIHMDc?t=538
Odd, how the rig turns on when the PSU is turned on.  What type of switch is used on your case i.e. normally open momentary switch, etc.?

That's a BIOS setting, you can disable it.
Turn on when power is enabled.

So you're saying that by default, the power button is ignored and the motherboard will turn on, and stay on, when power is supplied?  In other words, with the default BIOS setting, the power button is ignored?

I'll play around with the BIOS to see if I can change it so that the power button becomes functional.  Most motherboard work somewhat different in that they have a BIOS setting that allows the motherboard to turn back on by default after a power loss.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
https://ibb.co/ire0fS

I just received this PSU. The input voltage says 176 - 264v AC. It came with a 110v cord. My house is 110v
Is this the new PSU I talked to you guys about? I received an email from you guys talking about the problems with the old server PSU with an ATX replacement offer. After working it out with you guys and agreeing to be sent an ATX as a replacement, I was sent this server PSU. I talked to you in the chatbox on your site about recieving the server one and you said it was a "new" server PSU I was sent. I just now noticed the input voltage. Whats up?

Hey there!

That is actually our new and improved server PSU that works 100-264V. The sustained 24/7 mining load on 110V is 1600W for it.
We received this PSU earlier than expected and due to this we were able to send it instead of the ATX. This PSU has more power and a better efficiency rating.
There is a mistake on the black label regarding the voltage. It actually does support 110V and there should be another white label under the PSU also stating it.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

OK, Thank you
@octominer  can you provide the technical specs for how the power on/off circuitry is designed?  Apparently it was designed differently than 99% of motherboards out there to where an optoisolated gate is not able to power the board on and off.  Thanks

fwiw my onda b250 d8p v1 has the same bug, power button will turn it on but not off. cant see anything in the bios either.

Hey!
Please have a look here to see exactly how to connect the button switches and LEDs to the motherboard.
Odd, how the rig turns on when the PSU is turned on.  What type of switch is used on your case i.e. normally open momentary switch, etc.?

That's a BIOS setting, you can disable it.
Turn on when power is enabled.
Activity: 512
Merit: 250

Hey!

Hey!

I just received this PSU. The input voltage says 176 - 264v AC. It came with a 110v cord. My house is 110v
Is this the new PSU I talked to you guys about? I received an email from you guys talking about the problems with the old server PSU with an ATX replacement offer. After working it out with you guys and agreeing to be sent an ATX as a replacement, I was sent this server PSU. I talked to you in the chatbox on your site about recieving the server one and you said it was a "new" server PSU I was sent. I just now noticed the input voltage. Whats up?

Hey there!

That is actually our new and improved server PSU that works 100-264V. The sustained 24/7 mining load on 110V is 1600W for it.
We received this PSU earlier than expected and due to this we were able to send it instead of the ATX. This PSU has more power and a better efficiency rating.
There is a mistake on the black label regarding the voltage. It actually does support 110V and there should be another white label under the PSU also stating it.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

Activity: 28
https://ibb.co/ire0fS

Has anyone been able to get SimpleRigResetter (SRR) working with this board?

I have a SRR v2 and for the life of me, I can't get the SRR to power cycle this mobo.  For those not familiar with SRR, it is a device that connects to the power LED and power switch pins on a mobo so that it can monitor the current power state, and also turn the mobo on and off.

I know I have the 2 wires for the power LED connected correctly because I can see the virtual power LED in the SRRTool turn from RED to GREEN when the board is powered on, and back to RED again when powered off.

But the 2 wires that connect to the power button pins on the Octominer board do nothing at all.  I tried reversing those 2 wires, but it still didn't work.  The reversing of these 2 pins works on some motherboards since the optoisolator on the SRR only allows current to flow in one direction.

So here's how I have the 4 wires from a port on the SRR connected: (and I have tried several other ports and associated wiring that works with other mobos)

And I have tried reversing the green and yellow wires to no avail as mentioned above.  Perhaps I need to use that unmarked pin below green wire in the above pic instead?

Out of about 10 different motherboards I have tested with SRR, this is only the 2nd one that I can't get working.  The other board is the Biostar Racing Z170-GT7.  The SSR works fine on Asus PRIME Z270-A, MSI Z270A PRO, Colorful C.B250A-BTC 8 slot mobo, Onda B250 D8P-D3 and various other mobos I have tested.

Very curious if others have been able to get SRR to work with the Octominer board.  I can't deploy Octominer based rigs remotely without this feature working.

Bump.

Activity: 803
Merit: 501
Hey all miners!

Today is the last day to win free Octominer mining hardware. We have a full rig and multiple motherboards and some other smaller products to give away!
Check out our reddit giveaway! Guess the price of Bitcoin on the 23rd and win.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/83vqrp/biggest_gpumining_contest_ever_details_inside/

damn missed this contest. was a great way to get some great products for free..keep up the good work @Octominer
Hey all miners!

Today is the last day to win free Octominer mining hardware. We have a full rig and multiple motherboards and some other smaller products to give away!
Check out our reddit giveaway! Guess the price of Bitcoin on the 23rd and win.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/83vqrp/biggest_gpumining_contest_ever_details_inside/
Is there an estimated ship date for the server case (OCTOMINER B8PLUS 4U RACK CHASSIS)? Not in a hurry, but it would be good to know for the order placed on March 6.

Hey !

Your order is currently in processing and will be shipped out in less than a week!
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Is there an estimated ship date for the server case (OCTOMINER B8PLUS 4U RACK CHASSIS)? Not in a hurry, but it would be good to know for the order placed on March 6.
Activity: 57
Anyone tried to using 1x to 4 pci-e adapter with this board (worked fine/can add more cards/limits) ? And using riser if cards are too close ?

I got mine and when I put a few 1080ti and 1070 next to each other, it's a really tight fit and the GPU would run really hot even though it's open air.  I wouldn't recommend this motherboard if you are worried about heat.  Also bought their 2400w psu and while it's good for the price, it is loud so just be aware of that.

Hey there!
We always recommend to use some fans to blow air onto the GPUs. If you would put the motherboard and GPUs into the case we sell that already has fans inside, then the GPU temps would probably be in the mid 50 to low 60C degrees.
Our PSU fans are more powerful than the average PSU fans to keep the components nice and cool. The lower the temperature of the  capacitors and other electronic components inside the PSU the higher the efficiency and stability.
Let me know if you need any help or assistance to optimise your mining rig.  Smiley
Activity: 3
I got mine and when I put a few 1080ti and 1070 next to each other, it's a really tight fit and the GPU would run really hot even though it's open air.  I wouldn't recommend this motherboard if you are worried about heat.  Also bought their 2400w psu and while it's good for the price, it is loud so just be aware of that.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Good to see progress being made  Grin
Hey Miners!

We are currently shipping the March batch of orders and are half way done with the shipments. Thank you to everybody who bought from us and supported us!  Smiley
A small update regarding shipping and tracking. We have received many emails from clients asking why the tracking number doesn't work and there is no info about the shipment on DHL website. Usually it takes around 1-2 days for the tracking number to show up in DHL system after we have sent out the shipment.

Let me explain how shipping from Shenzhen, China works with DHL.
First we send out the order from our warehouse, our shipping agent picks it up and then it goes to their warehouse where it will get processed and shipped to Hong Kong. Once it arrives to HK DHL warehouse then it will show up in the DHL system. This whole process usually takes a day or two, it depends on the volume of orders being processed in HK DHL. Our shipping agent is 4PX and actually it is possible to track the order through their tracking system also and there it will show results sooner, you can track the steps before the shipment arrives to HK DHL warehouse.
Shipping time is usually 5-7 days from the date that the order gets picked up from our warehouse.

4PX TRACKING LINK:
https://www.aftership.com/couriers/4px

If anybody needs any more info or updates then please send us an email or contact us through "Live Support" on our website!
Happy mining!
Has anyone been able to get SimpleRigResetter (SRR) working with this board?

I have a SRR v2 and for the life of me, I can't get the SRR to power cycle this mobo.  For those not familiar with SRR, it is a device that connects to the power LED and power switch pins on a mobo so that it can monitor the current power state, and also turn the mobo on and off.

I know I have the 2 wires for the power LED connected correctly because I can see the virtual power LED in the SRRTool turn from RED to GREEN when the board is powered on, and back to RED again when powered off.

But the 2 wires that connect to the power button pins on the Octominer board do nothing at all.  I tried reversing those 2 wires, but it still didn't work.  The reversing of these 2 pins works on some motherboards since the optoisolator on the SRR only allows current to flow in one direction.

So here's how I have the 4 wires from a port on the SRR connected: (and I have tried several other ports and associated wiring that works with other mobos)

And I have tried reversing the green and yellow wires to no avail as mentioned above.  Perhaps I need to use that unmarked pin below green wire in the above pic instead?

Out of about 10 different motherboards I have tested with SRR, this is only the 2nd one that I can't get working.  The other board is the Biostar Racing Z170-GT7.  The SSR works fine on Asus PRIME Z270-A, MSI Z270A PRO, Colorful C.B250A-BTC 8 slot mobo, Onda B250 D8P-D3 and various other mobos I have tested.

Very curious if others have been able to get SRR to work with the Octominer board.  I can't deploy Octominer based rigs remotely without this feature working.
Pages:
Jump to: