Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 2. (Read 35230 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have a Octominer B8Plus motherboard and it works fine with the mSATA SSD, but I really need to boot off a USB thumb drive with Ubuntu on it.  I can't get this to work.
 It just says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/BMef7iL
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I found another free platform!
4PX can also be tracked here: https://www.tracktry.com/couriers/4px
And this is for DHL: https://www.tracktry.com/couriers/dhl

Hey Miners!

We are currently shipping the March batch of orders and are half way done with the shipments. Thank you to everybody who bought from us and supported us!  Smiley
A small update regarding shipping and tracking. We have received many emails from clients asking why the tracking number doesn't work and there is no info about the shipment on DHL website. Usually it takes around 1-2 days for the tracking number to show up in DHL system after we have sent out the shipment.

Let me explain how shipping from Shenzhen, China works with DHL.
First we send out the order from our warehouse, our shipping agent picks it up and then it goes to their warehouse where it will get processed and shipped to Hong Kong. Once it arrives to HK DHL warehouse then it will show up in the DHL system. This whole process usually takes a day or two, it depends on the volume of orders being processed in HK DHL. Our shipping agent is 4PX and actually it is possible to track the order through their tracking system also and there it will show results sooner, you can track the steps before the shipment arrives to HK DHL warehouse.
Shipping time is usually 5-7 days from the date that the order gets picked up from our warehouse.

4PX TRACKING LINK:
https://www.aftership.com/couriers/4px

If anybody needs any more info or updates then please send us an email or contact us through "Live Support" on our website!
Happy mining!
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Looks like my X9 board stopped working after 2 weeks. After reseating everything I get 4 beeps. I heard that was RAM so i ended up testing it with another ram stick but i still get the 4 beeps and nothing else

Hey!
Please shoot us an email and we will get you sorted out. Either our tech support team can help troubleshoot the board and get it working or we will send a replacement.
Thanks for the support! Smiley
Activity: 198
Merit: 1
Looks like my X9 board stopped working after 2 weeks. After reseating everything I get 4 beeps. I heard that was RAM so i ended up testing it with another ram stick but i still get the 4 beeps and nothing else
Activity: 35
Yes, I just recently purchased an X9.  Do you have a question about it?
Activity: 198
anyone purchase the octominer X9 board?
Anybody know what is going on at Octominer?  They stopped responding to my emails about a week ago.  I was in the middle of getting some support from them on one of my boards where one slot stopped working.  Emails to [email protected] and [email protected] are getting returned. Emails to [email protected] are getting received but I am not getting a response.

I'm a little concerned about putting in an order until I figure out what is going on.

Hey!
OCTOMINER here, it might be that there is a problem with the email server and our emails to you are not going through. For some reason we have been experiencing this issue in the last month with a few email addresses. Otherwise we have been available daily and our team has been actively replying all customer emails.
Please PM me your email address you have contacted us and your ORDER ID. I will have somebody look into the issue right now and get in touch with you.
Thank you.

I wanted to let everybody know that my issue appears to have been some sort of a one-time email server issue.  They responded to my reply and we worked out a solution to the failed slot.  They also promptly shipped me an additional board I purchased.  I really hope these guys survive the downturn as their boards are the easiest to setup and have the lowest total cost of ownership with all costs considered.
Activity: 413
Merit: 21
Is it possible to set the CPU fan speed in Bios or with any other external software? Cant find an option in the Bios nor a possible option in SpeedFan. But that fan is incredible loud although the CPU is cool enough for a slower fan speed.
Anybody know what is going on at Octominer?  They stopped responding to my emails about a week ago.  I was in the middle of getting some support from them on one of my boards where one slot stopped working.  Emails to [email protected] and [email protected] are getting returned. Emails to [email protected] are getting received but I am not getting a response.

I'm a little concerned about putting in an order until I figure out what is going on.

Hey!
OCTOMINER here, it might be that there is a problem with the email server and our emails to you are not going through. For some reason we have been experiencing this issue in the last month with a few email addresses. Otherwise we have been available daily and our team has been actively replying all customer emails.
Please PM me your email address you have contacted us and your ORDER ID. I will have somebody look into the issue right now and get in touch with you.
Thank you.
Anybody know what is going on at Octominer?  They stopped responding to my emails about a week ago.  I was in the middle of getting some support from them on one of my boards where one slot stopped working.  Emails to [email protected] and [email protected] are getting returned. Emails to [email protected] are getting received but I am not getting a response.

issue solved within 1 hour (ONE HOUR) after my post.
But wasn't solve during almost 2 month without public post.

Thank you for attention.

Issue was actually already solved before any of the OCTOMINER team saw this post.
The delay happened because of some miscommunication and has been already solved by now with AISTTO, as he mentioned also above. Smiley

I'm here to tell you these guys are nothing but gold.  I have 250 Octo units (cases, 2200w ps, boards, etc) and they are 100% attentive anytime I have an issue.

You guys rock and love your cases!

well you gave them nearly $200k, of course they treat you right LOL

We treat everybody equally, another case of a happy customer below.  Grin
https://www.reddit.com/r/octominer/comments/9kunho/great_octominer_customer_service/
Activity: 367
Merit: 34

Thank you for attention.

Issue was actually already solved before any of the OCTOMINER team saw this post.
The delay happened because of some miscommunication and has been already solved by now with AISTTO, as he mentioned also above. Smiley

I'm here to tell you these guys are nothing but gold.  I have 250 Octo units (cases, 2200w ps, boards, etc) and they are 100% attentive anytime I have an issue.

well you gave them nearly $200k, of course they treat you right LOL
Activity: 847
Merit: 383

Thank you for attention.

Hi there,

There appears to be some kind of issue when running on WIN 10 and updating to the latest Nvidia driver 411.63 B Several of the builds I have start producing filesytem errors on win and won't run anything without a hard powerdown. After a hard reboot they run for a bit then start spitting out filesystem errors again.

I have tried clean installs on two machines to 0 avail. Using DDU prior to card installation. With the same result.

All the builds have 8Gb Ram and run on the Octominer supplied SSDs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does the problem go away if you revert back to the old drivers? You didn’t mention that. Did you even try that?

Filesystem errors are usually a problem with the storage volume. Have you tried replacing the SSD?
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Hi there,

There appears to be some kind of issue when running on WIN 10 and updating to the latest Nvidia driver 411.63 B Several of the builds I have start producing filesytem errors on win and won't run anything without a hard powerdown. After a hard reboot they run for a bit then start spitting out filesystem errors again.

I have tried clean installs on two machines to 0 avail. Using DDU prior to card installation. With the same result.

All the builds have 8Gb Ram and run on the Octominer supplied SSDs.

Any help would be appreciated.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
the new octominer with 9 slots still be called octominer? or it will be noveminer? Grin Wink

Thank you for attention.

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Hello, dear octominer and it's customers.
I glad want to declare Octominer scammers.

that's a bit excessive to call them scammers, isn't it?  if they were scammers they would have just taken your money and never send you anything at all.  I've had 3 successful orders from them for what its worth and many people have a LOT of octominer rigs.  I doubt they would throw their reputation in the industry away for 1 small order mistake.  It doesn't seem like their fault the customs in your country rejected the package.  They should obviously refund you and I expect they either already have or will be.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention regardless, hope you get your money back.

maybe somebode need kick to make something. 

Thank you for attention.
Activity: 47
I glad want to declare Octominer scammers.

that's a bit excessive to call them scammers, isn't it?  if they were scammers they would have just taken your money and never send you anything at all.  I've had 3 successful orders from them for what its worth and many people have a LOT of octominer rigs.  I doubt they would throw their reputation in the industry away for 1 small order mistake.  It doesn't seem like their fault the customs in your country rejected the package.  They should obviously refund you and I expect they either already have or will be.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention regardless, hope you get your money back.
I’d be interested in a board like this, but with a socketed CPU so that I can add my CPU of choice.

I’m considering using a board like this, but for distributed computing projects. Unfortunately they require more CPU power to properly feed the GPUs. I need one CPU thread per GPU. So a CPU like 6700/7700 could be used. The included mobile Celeron or whatever won’t cut it.
Pages:
Jump to: