Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 9. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Does anyone have a recommendation for a USB WiFi adapter that works well with Octominer and HiveOS?
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
Hey. Try connecting all 5 of the 6PIN power connectors on the motherboard. Some GPUs draw more power from the PCI lanes and sometimes it is required to connect all 5 of the motherboard power connectors.

I wonder if thats why I was having trouble with windows when I got my first octominer rig.  Anyway I've since switched to HiveOS and these boards are stable as hell on it, I love it
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
So i'm having an issue with my 8 1070 ti octo rig after my last board replacement. For some reason since I replaced the board i'm getting erratic gpu usage on all gpu's when mining and lower hash rate as well. I'm currently mining zcash and on this rig the gpu usage bounces all over the place from 5 or so to 99 and my hashrate per gpu is only 425-450 instead of 500+ that it will start off at. My other partial build which is on the onda board with the same model of cards gets and stays at 500+ sols and the power usage is a flat 99% with no deviation. There is definitely something weird going on but I can't figure it out. It's harder to troubleshoot this one because its so slow in windows. I'm going to go through the bios and check any settings that might need to be changed, but figured i'd post here for some ideas.

Tried re-installing drivers but that didn't help. Started off at a nice 500+ per card and quickly went down to 440's. running at 70% power, +200 and +600 same as the other partial rig. I didn't have this issue before the last board failure as all 8 ran at 500+ sols with no issue so I know its not just a matter of the cards not being able to do it. I also notice that my gpu temps are way lower than before, almost like they aren't working as hard as before hence the lower hash rate. I would typically be in the low-mid 60's previously and now i'm in the low 50's.

Edit: I don't know if its contributing but when I check in task manager my CPU usage is 85%+ and 45-60% of it is coming just from system, not sure if thats normal or not. Checked my Onda rig with 2 gpu's and they stay at a steady 99-100% usage with no drops at 500 sols with the same settings.

Hey. Try connecting all 5 of the 6PIN power connectors on the motherboard. Some GPUs draw more power from the PCI lanes and sometimes it is required to connect all 5 of the motherboard power connectors.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
Both rigs are running Windows and both are using the newest version of dstm. I’ve used it before on this rig and was getting 500+ sols per card, that’s why I know something is wrong. The overall machine feels slower than before. I expect some sluggishness since the octo board isn’t the best for Windows, but the reduced hashrate, erratic gpu utilization and high cpu usage are all off in comparison with the same settings and software on my Onda board. My previous octo board had normal speeds hats why I’m leaning to something with this board; maybe something was set different in the bios?

Keep in mind that I’m not mining on the cpu at all.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
So i'm having an issue with my 8 1070 ti octo rig after my last board replacement. For some reason since I replaced the board i'm getting erratic gpu usage on all gpu's when mining and lower hash rate as well. I'm currently mining zcash and on this rig the gpu usage bounces all over the place from 5 or so to 99 and my hashrate per gpu is only 425-450 instead of 500+ that it will start off at. My other partial build which is on the onda board with the same model of cards gets and stays at 500+ sols and the power usage is a flat 99% with no deviation. There is definitely something weird going on but I can't figure it out. It's harder to troubleshoot this one because its so slow in windows. I'm going to go through the bios and check any settings that might need to be changed, but figured i'd post here for some ideas.

Tried re-installing drivers but that didn't help. Started off at a nice 500+ per card and quickly went down to 440's. running at 70% power, +200 and +600 same as the other partial rig. I didn't have this issue before the last board failure as all 8 ran at 500+ sols with no issue so I know its not just a matter of the cards not being able to do it. I also notice that my gpu temps are way lower than before, almost like they aren't working as hard as before hence the lower hash rate. I would typically be in the low-mid 60's previously and now i'm in the low 50's.

Edit: I don't know if its contributing but when I check in task manager my CPU usage is 85%+ and 45-60% of it is coming just from system, not sure if thats normal or not. Checked my Onda rig with 2 gpu's and they stay at a steady 99-100% usage with no drops at 500 sols with the same settings.

I haven't mined equihash in an age, however, that sounds like a miner that needs tweaking to avoid overloading the cpu that'll bottleneck and throttle everything. There were a couple of earlier Claymore dual miner build that caused a similar situation for me with along with early versions of XMRstack for Nvida. It's a fairly light CPU in terms of capacity so there is a good chance of it being pickier than what you've stuck on the Onda.
Do you have miner versions, configs etc and driver and OS versions etc available?
Activity: 289
Merit: 107

received my march order today.   this time the outside of the case was completely covered in the blue protective film (my february order didn't).  While I am sure the intention is good to keep it scratch free, personally I don't care much. I probably spent half an hour trying to get every little bit of that blue shit off the case and its just impossible without completely disassembling it (it gets stuck in the edges, etc).   pain in the ass, just my opinion

I think I had some other gripes I thought of while assembling the rig but now that its up and running I can't remember so it must not have been that important  Smiley

Hey!

We appreciate the feedback. Sorry to hear that you had a tough time removing the blue film off the case.
We will make the next batch without the blue film on the whole case. Just the top lid.
Our manufacturer thought it would be better to have the whole case covered in the blue protective film.
Activity: 2
https://imgur.com/a/BOIyc

8 X 1080 running on octoboard..

24mh per card and 100w per card...
thanks.. working well..

Activity: 6
received my march order today.   this time the outside of the case was completely covered in the blue protective film (my february order didn't).  While I am sure the intention is good to keep it scratch free, personally I don't care much. I probably spent half an hour trying to get every little bit of that blue shit off the case and its just impossible without completely disassembling it (it gets stuck in the edges, etc).   pain in the ass, just my opinion

I think I had some other gripes I thought of while assembling the rig but now that its up and running I can't remember so it must not have been that important  Smiley

+1, the blue film was super hard to get off completely. Also my order didn't come with any motherboard screws Sad
Activity: 47

Got to say that octominers customer service is great, my PSU died, I spoke to them on the chat and then an quick email stating the psu had died, they sent me the new psu after a few days, you don't get this kind of support in many places, because of this, I will continue to buy octominer products.

Btw octominer did you change anything on the new atx psus? this one is quieter than the last one which seemed to be running at full blast 100% of the time

Hey!

Glad to hear that you are happy with our products and the level of support we provide. Smiley
We are constantly upgrading and improving our products. Which ATX PSU do you have? We have a new 1650W one that has a silent fan that has 2 speed options also.
Activity: 25
Got to say that octominers customer service is great, my PSU died, I spoke to them on the chat and then an quick email stating the psu had died, they sent me the new psu after a few days, you don't get this kind of support in many places, because of this, I will continue to buy octominer products.

Btw octominer did you change anything on the new atx psus? this one is quieter than the last one which seemed to be running at full blast 100% of the time
Same prob with Hive OS

Did you change anything in the BIOS after unboxing?

I cant get to bios

Hi Scott!

Make sure that the USB keyboard you are using is compatible and that you are pressing the delete (DEL) key to enter BIOS.
Let me know of the results and contact us by email at [email protected] or Live Chat and we will get your problem sorted out right away!
Activity: 28
Same prob with Hive OS

I cant get to bios

Can't get into the BIOS at all? I would say the motherboard is completely buggered if that's the case. Have you spoke to Octominer on live chat or anything?

Not yet. Im trying
Activity: 122
Same prob with Hive OS

I cant get to bios

Can't get into the BIOS at all? I would say the motherboard is completely buggered if that's the case. Have you spoke to Octominer on live chat or anything?
Same prob with Hive OS

I cant get to bios
Same prob with Hive OS

Same prob with Hive OS
Ok. Im at my wits end with this board. Im trying to install smos and I keep getting:

usbb 1-2: device decriptor read/64 error -110
usbb 1-2: device decriptor read/64 error -110
usbb 1-2: device decriptor read/64 error -71
usbb 1-2: device decriptor read/64 error -71
usbb 1-2: device not accepting address 5 error -71
usbb 1-2: device not accepting address 6 error -71
usb usb1-port2: unable to enumerate USB device.

I have tried it with a USB3 stick and the msata with diff mouse and keyboard combos. Tried 2 versions of smos. using etcher.

I have the new server PSU and new board.

Its driving me nuts and shouldnt be this hard.

Getting ready to switch to hive and see if that makes any diff (but i dont want to)

Mine works great with Hive out of the box. I also tested this with Ethos and no problem. Sorry I don't use SMOS so can't comment on that one

Are you running the new server psu on 110v?

I was using the older server PSU but im in a 240v country so no issues with power.

Try HiveOS at least  you will know whether its a hardware issue or not
Pages:
Jump to: