Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 5. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
One thing i noticed:

When you dont have monitor attached to vga port of octoboard and reboot device -> login with remote desktop like Anydesk, you will get black screen. Once monitor connected again and reboot it works OK. I guess no other solution than get VGA dummy / emulator

Actually find solution to this one, I think its not problem with the board but more or less with Intel HD Graphics 510 driver. DDU that (so it comes "microsoft basic display adapter" or so) and no more black screen after boot Smiley
Activity: 190
Merit: 59
When you find out, please share here! Because I want to replace all my riser rigs with riserless setup but informations like this keep me away all the time
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
so i read it somewhere that one of your customer have 8 vega 64 gpu installed on this board?   i would like to know how because it doesn't seem like my board likes anything past 4 (tried 5 and it freezes).

Sounds like a software issue.
Please boot up with HIVE OS on USB stick and see if it detects 8 of the Vega GPU.

Please email us at [email protected] and our tech support team will get back to you on how to get 8 GPU working.
Thanks.

i'm using windows on it because of the xmr software for vega (higher hashrate).   but 3 seems like a limit on windows

We have some clients running 8x Vegas on our systems. VEGAs are very picky GPUs in general and there might be a need to change some settings in BIOS.
Please email us for support.
Thank you.
Activity: 106
so i read it somewhere that one of your customer have 8 vega 64 gpu installed on this board?   i would like to know how because it doesn't seem like my board likes anything past 4 (tried 5 and it freezes).

Please boot up with HIVE OS on USB stick and see if it detects 8 of the Vega GPU.

Please email us at [email protected] and our tech support team will get back to you on how to get 8 GPU working.
Thanks.

i'm using windows on it because of the xmr software for vega (higher hashrate).   but 3 seems like a limit on windows

Thanks.
Activity: 106
OCTOMINER has the Innosilicon A9 ZMASTER ASIC for sale if anybody is interested , todays price is 9390USD per unit! Shipping June 11-15th.
Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested. Bulk quantities available.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
ok cool, trying to make sure they can handle an fpga.
hey Octo, can you find out the maximum power rating per pci-e slot on the Octo board with all auxiliary power connections being used? Can they handle 75w?

Hey!

Yes, 75W is the maximum power rating per PCI-e slot.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
hey Octo, can you find out the maximum power rating per pci-e slot on the Octo board with all auxiliary power connections being used? Can they handle 75w?
Activity: 42
Good to hear there are some people who already received their packages!! Those who already have  their MOBOS please send pics with GPUS installed and say what model/brand is installed!! I am getting excited!!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I also doubt that they will continue manufacturing these boards when GPU mining is almost about to exit. I feel for the company behind this and i can imagine that they've invested a lot of capital into developing these boards.

Hopefully they've been able to recoup at least their initial investment on these octominer boards. It is actually a good product.

let me guess, you gave up GPU mining back in 2013 when the first asics released....
Just would like to post feedback that some people in our local crypto-mining scene have started receiving their Octominers and they are very happy with it. The build quality is good and setup was easy and hassle-free as advertised. I'm thinking of getting one myself and building a "show-off" rig.

Congratulations and more power to Octominer!

Thanks for the support! Happy to hear that everybody is satisfied with their Octominer rigs. Smiley
Send me a PM and I can set you up as an affiliate if you are interested.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Has anyone got linux running on this and how does it do? Any one running a pci-e fpga off this motherboard?

All Linux based mining OSs run perfect with the Octominer motherboard.
We will try running some Xiling FPGA cards on them next week. I will post the results here.

Sweet
Has anyone got linux running on this and how does it do? Any one running a pci-e fpga off this motherboard?

All Linux based mining OSs run perfect with the Octominer motherboard.
We will try running some Xiling FPGA cards on them next week. I will post the results here.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

I am running smos on mSata and the rig had 0 restart for over a week.
Any idea when you will get more cases in? I'd though when I ordered (on the first) it said back ordered till the 10th but don't see that anymore.

Same if I ordered a case and mobo do you ship separately or wait for all parts (ie the cases) to be instock?

Thanks!

Hey!
The cases will be in stock again later this month or a bit sooner. Smiley
We can ship your order partially, just leave a note at the checkout.

Please email us your order id to [email protected] and we will update you on the status of your order delivery time.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Just would like to post feedback that some people in our local crypto-mining scene have started receiving their Octominers and they are very happy with it. The build quality is good and setup was easy and hassle-free as advertised. I'm thinking of getting one myself and building a "show-off" rig.

Congratulations and more power to Octominer!
Activity: 4
Are there header pins on the B8Plus that allow it to be powered up/down with a push button.  My other miner (MSI mobo) has the pins but I don't know if the B8Plus does or not.

Yes, the Octominer motherboard has header pins for buttons and LED's. I added the link to our youtube setup guide where you can see how to connect them.
https://youtu.be/49YBnjIHMDc?t=534

I see the reset/power switch connections.  They're on a 4-pin plug.  Only two are needed for power up/down/reset, right?  If so, which two?
Pages:
Jump to: