Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 3. (Read 35234 times)

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Hello, dear octominer and it's customers.
resolved
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
Will the new boards come with a new/improved CPU?
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
@octominer really looking forward for  this  9 gpu board ...will love to have them crunching with GPU'S for BTC...go octominer !!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
Awesome! Not that i need it but glad to see that crypto development isn't dead  Wink

Pair this new motherboard with 9 Rx Vega 64 and see a really great profit daily, up to more than 2 mBTC , or about 56 mBTC monthly, that is something I may tell my colleagues to buy one if they agree with me to sell the RX 5 series and to upgrade to Vegas. As long as there will be developers which will fork away their coins from ASICS Gpu-mining will never be dead.
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Awesome! Not that i need it but glad to see that crypto development isn't dead  Wink

Not dead at all. We are currently developing bespoke mining solutions for multiple big GPU mining farms in USA, Europe and Canada. Smiley
Activity: 190
Merit: 59
Give us at least some details! Smiley And what about EU supply?  Grin

OK OK  Grin
Small sneek peek pic of our upcoming 9 slot motherboard.

Give us at least some details! Smiley And what about EU supply?  Grin
NEW RIGS AND MOTHERBOARD COMING SOON! STAY TUNED! Smiley
Activity: 47
Can you elaborate more on your statement that GPU mining is almost about to exit?

I assume he's referring to the fact that there are now equihash and ethash asics available on the market, which make gpu mining unprofitable for equihash and is severely hampering profitability for the remaining gpu-mineable algorithms.  Couple that with ETH likely going proof-of-stake and we may be in for a dark winter of gpu mining.  But you never know in crypto...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Can anyone help me to convert my Octominer so I can use Oculus rift. I’ve never had virtual reality system and have a few question to multipurpose my mining rig.
Is it better if I use all 8 gpu at same time or can I only use 1?
I want to do the high fidelity Rust virtual reality dance party so it tracks my movement with many sensors so is cpu and 8gb ram good enough?

Version 2 Octominer Motherboard:
How about having it optimized as a virtual reality gaming and image rendering workstation so you can utilize the gpu for different purpose?

i doubt boards like these riserless miner style mobos (octominer/onda boards with 8 full size slots) will ever be very good at VR as the cards are being run with only 1 PCIe lane per card. VR has more traditional gaming type requirements, you would want at least eight PCIe lanes (PCIe x8 or x16) per card to load textures and such. textures loading at a single PCIe lane speed will be too slow.

might be possible to change some slots to use more lanes but that might disable other slots or devices (msata/sata ports maybe)

I also doubt that they will continue manufacturing these boards when GPU mining is almost about to exit. I feel for the company behind this and i can imagine that they've invested a lot of capital into developing these boards.

Hopefully they've been able to recoup at least their initial investment on these octominer boards. It is actually a good product.

Can you elaborate more on your statement that GPU mining is almost about to exit?

Thanks.
I disabled CSM in order to enable 2048 aperture size (4G decoding). But then I am unable to boot from HiveOS as this is Legacy Only.

Is there a way to enable 4G decoding with CSM? Or this not required for Linux distros. is it windows only?

I was able to enable 2048 aperture with CSM on.  

I couldn't get back into the bios after turning video to UEFI on VGA or a single card with HDMI, as turning off CSM complained about this and trying again after a reboot.  I was able to see a new error in device manager akin to error 12 disable another device, and that appears to the internet to be more than likely a bios setting.  Ended up doing yet another factory reset with the jumper, and was able to get VGA UEFI then back into the bios to disable CSM.

Win is reinstalling now after CSM disable, wish me luck.  Original problem is that I can't get past 4 1060's without pain.

Now running 6 cards with CSM disable, so all is good now (I could pull 2 cards out of another rig, but I'll just get 2 more to fill the chassis)!  Thanks Octominer for the tips!
I disabled CSM in order to enable 2048 aperture size (4G decoding). But then I am unable to boot from HiveOS as this is Legacy Only.

Is there a way to enable 4G decoding with CSM? Or this not required for Linux distros. is it windows only?

I was able to enable 2048 aperture with CSM on.  

I couldn't get back into the bios after turning video to UEFI on VGA or a single card with HDMI, as turning off CSM complained about this and trying again after a reboot.  I was able to see a new error in device manager akin to error 12 disable another device, and that appears to the internet to be more than likely a bios setting.  Ended up doing yet another factory reset with the jumper, and was able to get VGA UEFI then back into the bios to disable CSM.

Win is reinstalling now after CSM disable, wish me luck.  Original problem is that I can't get past 4 1060's without pain.
Activity: 122
Hello!! Looks good! Are there any reviews or reviews?  Does anyone know if they plan to support the BIOS? Thanks.

There is plenty of reviews within this thread pretty much all positive. As far as I know there are know BIOS updates but to be fair there hasn't been a need to
Activity: 336
Hello!! Looks good! Are there any reviews or reviews?  Does anyone know if they plan to support the BIOS? Thanks.
Activity: 7

Nice VEGA setup! Don't see too many of those.
Have you also tried running the VEGAs in HIVE OS ? It's a great Linux based mining OS and supports VEGAs also now. I haven't tested it myself with VEGAs.
Also, why are you running with 7 GPU instead of 8 ?  Smiley

Thanks!

No, I didn't try HiveOS. Now, the rigs are very stable and powerful, I don't want to experiment now as the thing is working without issues. Experimenting with something that i have 0 experience with could give me big downtime so there is no reason to try it now.

I am running 7x Vega for 2 reasons:

1) The power supply output is 1200W and 7 Vegas fit this but 8 do not (maybe cryptonight Heavy could do but I want to be flexible, I work on the drilling rig 28 days on/off and need total reliability and flexibility when I am away)

2) Power distribution board has 17 ports, I am using 14 ports for Vegas and 3 ports for motherboard. I never really measured the amperes through these cables, it can probably work with 1 cable, but I never bothered

If any of your clients have questions, you can always PM me here on the forum and I will try to provide answers.

These motherboards work fantastic with blower style cards like reference Vega, as there is no need for additional fans. I just plug the rig into custom made air duct and all hot air is exhausted direct out of the room. It is so easy to cool, unlike aftermarket coolers which require incredible airflows.

The BIOS of these motherboard is so complicated for me, I can't really understand anything, there are options that I have never seen on normal PC motherboards. It is not required anyway as the motherboard worked straight away, but surely, it is tempting Smiley

What kind of power are they consuming per hour for one rig of 7 vega's?

Hi ninjacoins,
it depends if the Vega is 56 or 64, the rigs are mixed with random number of each - each rig has 7x vega and HP DPS-1200FB server power supply, and power consumption at the plug is 1270-1350W.

I just ordered PLATINUM server power supplies that I got for great price on ebay, i hope I will drop the consumption by 100W on each rig by replacing all PSU, I calculated I will return the price of power supply in 90 days and have spare power supplies if something goes wrong, I will update here on monday when they arrive Cheesy
7x vega octominer assembly, working without issues win 10 and adrenalin 18.6.1

https://imgur.com/5susLnY

https://imgur.com/0ZtOlGM

Nice VEGA setup! Don't see too many of those.
Have you also tried running the VEGAs in HIVE OS ? It's a great Linux based mining OS and supports VEGAs also now. I haven't tested it myself with VEGAs.
Also, why are you running with 7 GPU instead of 8 ?  Smiley
Has anyone tried using P104-100 or similar GPU's with this motherboard and if so any problems?

Hey!
Octominer here. We actually sell a lot of pre-assembled rigs with P104 GPUs.
They work perfect and are actually one of our best selling fully assembled rig setups. P104's get around 40.5MH/S at 120-130W on ETH. They are very efficient GPUs.
Temperatures will be around 51-56C at 30-35C ambient for the P104's in our Octominer case with fans.

Sounds good. What cost would i be looking at for a rig with P104 GPUs?

GPU prices change daily. Current price for a 8x P104 rig based on Octominer B8PLUS motherboard and together with case, 4GB ram and 60GB SSD is 4050USD with DHL shipping & insurance included. Delivery time is around 7 days.
This rig gets 322-330 MH/S on ETH at 120-130W per GPU, total rig power consumption is around 1100-1150W.
Pages:
Jump to: