Pages:
Author

Topic: ODI cricket and general cricketing discussion [self - mod] - page 6. (Read 135904 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 211
Pakistan Women's Team vs West Indies Women's Team

West Indies Women's team is touring Pakistan to play three ODIs and five T20I matches against Pakistan Women's team. The first ODI match between Pakistan Women's team and West Indies Women's team was played at the National Stadium in Karachi, Pakistan. In the first ODI match, West Indies won the toss first and as a result, they took advantage of that opportunity and decided to bat first against Pakistan Women. Batting first, West Indies women managed to score 269 runs thanks to Hayley Mathews, which resulted in a big collection for West Indies women. Hayley Mathews scored 140 runs for West Indies.

Pakistan Women's team did not get off to a good start when they came out to bat against the target given by West Indies Women's team as most of their batsmen batted poorly. Pakistan Women's team lost the first ODI by a huge margin against West Indies Women's team despite playing on their home soil.

Activity: 2044
Merit: 323
Match was really exciting. I was not expecting such kind of performance from Srilanka Women team but they played really well. First of all I appreciate the performance of South African Women team. They played very well and in Women squad crossing 300 runs is not a easy thing but they tried well. Especially Laura Wolvaardt, she played brilliantly and she was just near to double century but Unfortunately she got out at 184 runs.
After just took a look on Srilanka Women team performance that was superb. Means it was looking like only both Captains are playing this match. Chamari Athapaththu remained not out by making 195 runs she deserved the player of the match award. Congratulations to Srilanka team. Now the series is tied.
After watching the second match everyone was expecting that again South Africa will win the third match. But like you said that was Captains Match(hahaha!) means from both teams Captains played well. By the way that was a good target which South Africa Women team given to the SriLankan women team. And Laura Wolvaardt was good from South Africa team she made 184 runs. But when I looked at the stats of Sri Lankan team I admired Chamari Athapaththu she also played really well. She didn't get out until they win. She made 195 runs. That was an amazing Match. I also congratulate the SriLankan women team for their win.
Athapaththu's unbeaten 195* led Sri Lanka to a historic victory, marking the highest successful run chase in women's cricket. It's not just any win; it's truly remarkable!
Both captains put on a fantastic performance. But, Chamari Athapaththu deserves all the applause for her sensational knock. Her brutal innings left South Africa shell-shocked. It was a privilege to witness her powerful strokes as she breezed her way to an epic world record win. Congratulations to the lady Lion!
Activity: 2786
Merit: 606
South Africa women's team is much stronger than Sri Lanka women's team. However, we have seen that the performance of the Sri Lanka women's team players in this series has been quite good. Even after losing the first match of the T20 series, Sri Lanka won the series 2-1. So South Africa Women's team will definitely not underestimate Sri Lanka in the last ODI match.

South Africa Women's team got a comfortable win in the second ODI match. Sri Lanka managed to set a target of 230 runs. And the South Africa women's team reached the target of victory with the loss of only 3 wickets. Opener Laura Wolvvaardt's 110 runs and Marizzanne Kapp's unbeaten innings of 77 helped South Africa to an easy victory. My guess is South Africa will win the third match and win the ODI series.
There is no doubt we have South Africa W team much stronger and better in quality but in last few matches we have very good performance from the Sri Lankan W against them which is quite surprising for me because I was not expecting performance like this from them here in SENA conditions, but they have done good job and having win in T20i series and now ending ODI series at the level which is also quite surprising and in this game we have amazing stuff from the both sides which bring good entertainment for the fans as well.

We have no better facilities and support for the Asian women but still in last few months good development happening and these women's are doing good job with I am sure India could be in top 3 with their available sources and quality, but we will have good performance from the Sri Lanka as well in coming years if these women's are able to keep things at this level and board also increase benefits and sources for them in domestic level.
Activity: 280
Merit: 272
Match was really exciting. I was not expecting such kind of performance from Srilanka Women team but they played really well. First of all I appreciate the performance of South African Women team. They played very well and in Women squad crossing 300 runs is not a easy thing but they tried well. Especially Laura Wolvaardt, she played brilliantly and she was just near to double century but Unfortunately she got out at 184 runs.
After just took a look on Srilanka Women team performance that was superb. Means it was looking like only both Captains are playing this match. Chamari Athapaththu remained not out by making 195 runs she deserved the player of the match award. Congratulations to Srilanka team. Now the series is tied.
After watching the second match everyone was expecting that again South Africa will win the third match. But like you said that was Captains Match(hahaha!) means from both teams Captains played well. By the way that was a good target which South Africa Women team given to the SriLankan women team. And Laura Wolvaardt was good from South Africa team she made 184 runs. But when I looked at the stats of Sri Lankan team I admired Chamari Athapaththu she also played really well. She didn't get out until they win. She made 195 runs. That was an amazing Match. I also congratulate the SriLankan women team for their win.
Activity: 728
Merit: 660
I stand with Palestine.
Yeh first match was wash out by rain while in second match rain intrupt abit but later things goes normal we have a a constructive win from South Africa just because of their captain phenomenal performance and tonight I think sirilankan team know the importance of toady win so they faugh bravely especially thier captain tonight and get the important victory for his team. According to scoreboard south African captain as usually played magnificent along side with some decent lower middle order batter and through his 180+ innings they scored a total of 300 which look like impossible to chase for sirilankan team according to thier previous performance but thier captain played just absolutely class and scored single handedly 195 and with partnership of de-silva they chased down required target even before 33 balls left that the win and performance we and his fans want from sirilankan team.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 595
South Africa Women vs Srilanka Women

We know that these two teams are playe 3 ODI matches series and they have already played two matches and first match finished without any results and in the second match we know that South Africa Women team was little strong and they won the second match. So today they will play their 3rd match of thus series. And this match is important for Srilanka Women team. They need to tie the series otherwise South Africa will win the series. And according to the previous performance I really hope South Africa Women team will continue their performance and will win this match soon. So let's see which team will perform well and win this match today. Smiley
Yeh first match was wash out by rain while in second match rain intrupt abit but later things goes normal we have a a constructive win from South Africa just because of their captain phenomenal performance and tonight I think sirilankan team know the importance of toady win so they faugh bravely especially thier captain tonight and get the important victory for his team. According to scoreboard south African captain as usually played magnificent along side with some decent lower middle order batter and through his 180+ innings they scored a total of 300 which look like impossible to chase for sirilankan team according to thier previous performance but thier captain played just absolutely class and scored single handedly 195 and with partnership of de-silva they chased down required target even before 33 balls left that the win and performance we and his fans want from sirilankan team.
Merit: 367
AOBT ~ English >>> Arabic

We know that these two teams are playe 3 ODI matches series and they have already played two matches and first match finished without any results and in the second match we know that South Africa Women team was little strong and they won the second match. So today they will play their 3rd match of thus series. And this match is important for Srilanka Women team. They need to tie the series otherwise South Africa will win the series. And according to the previous performance I really hope South Africa Women team will continue their performance and will win this match soon. So let's see which team will perform well and win this match today. Smiley

South Africa women's team is much stronger than Sri Lanka women's team. However, we have seen that the performance of the Sri Lanka women's team players in this series has been quite good. Even after losing the first match of the T20 series, Sri Lanka won the series 2-1. So South Africa Women's team will definitely not underestimate Sri Lanka in the last ODI match.

South Africa Women's team got a comfortable win in the second ODI match. Sri Lanka managed to set a target of 230 runs. And the South Africa women's team reached the target of victory with the loss of only 3 wickets. Opener Laura Wolvvaardt's 110 runs and Marizzanne Kapp's unbeaten innings of 77 helped South Africa to an easy victory. My guess is South Africa will win the third match and win the ODI series.
Sri Lanka batsmen need 19 runs off 48 balls to win the match. And this is fully proving that today match will be won by the Sri Lanka team.  Today match was play by Sri Lanka batsmen with very good performance their batsmen showed great interest in the match and kept their pace very fast in the match. Due to which their balls are increase a lot. Their batsmen have batted in support of each other in the match. I said it before. If the Sri Lanka team wins today match it will win on their performance. Their batsmen perform very well. Sri Lanka batsmen need 10 runs from 38 balls to win the match. Now even if Sri Lanka batsmen play with slow pace they cannot lose matches. If the South Africa bowlers take wickets they can win the match.
Activity: 504
Merit: 329
Pakistan Local Board Request

Yes brother you are absolutely right today third last ODI women competition was finished now and this match was classed among South Africa women squad against Sri Lanka women squad and these squads also participated in previous some competitions. First of all, I feel that when I see defeating target of South Africa women squad in today match total 301 scores which seem very difficult and challenging to compete. But Sri Lanka women squad finished almost 15 overs and I am starting to doubt that this fight becoming more interesting and challenging among them. South Africa women squad was already leading with one match and one match of this competition was not completed nor any outcome come out. Chamari Athapaththu batter performance was impressive in today match with 195 scores and not out. From South Africa women squad side, this batter Laura Wolvaardt also displayed significant performance in batting inning but their bowler did not played good.
I believe that South Africa Women team has shown great strength and determination in previous matches of this series. Their victory in second match proves that they have what it takes to win series. On the other side Sri Lanka Women team needs to step up their game in order to tie series. It will be interesting to see how both teams perform in upcoming match. I have high hopes for South Africa Women team and I believe they will continue their winning streak. I am looking forward to exciting match and may best team win.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*

I stand with Palestine.

Activity: 406
Merit: 296
I think the target was tough. And United States of America Women team tried well. I think 210 runs was not bad. Even they tried but unfortunately they didn't chased the target but I appreciate them. Because if you will take a look on the past match which they played with Papua New Guinea Women team so you will see that USA Women team only made 160 runs with all team out. So the match which they played with Scotland Women team and managed to score 210 runs I think that is good. And I hope they will get better in the next matches.
I agree what you said about match between USA Women team and Scotland Women team. It was hard for USA Women team  try to score 210 runs especially because they didn't do well in their last match against Papua New Guinea. The USA Women's team did better this time by scoring 210 runs against Scotland. This shows that they are working hard to get better in cricket. We should recognize progress they have made and keep cheering them on as they try to do even better in future matches. I think with their determination and effort USA Women team can become even more successful in cricket.
Yes you are right it is promising for the USA women cricket team that they are working harder in their second matches then in their first match . His dignity and determination kept him hooping to perform better in the next practice is proving them that they are ready to face any difficult situation. Now the USA women players must spare no effort to improve their skills and hope that their hard work and dedication will bring them success in the next matches and their performance will set them on their way to victory.
I stand with Palestine.
I think the target was tough. And United States of America Women team tried well. I think 210 runs was not bad. Even they tried but unfortunately they didn't chased the target but I appreciate them. Because if you will take a look on the past match which they played with Papua New Guinea Women team so you will see that USA Women team only made 160 runs with all team out. So the match which they played with Scotland Women team and managed to score 210 runs I think that is good. And I hope they will get better in the next matches.
I agree what you said about match between USA Women team and Scotland Women team. It was hard for USA Women team  try to score 210 runs especially because they didn't do well in their last match against Papua New Guinea. The USA Women's team did better this time by scoring 210 runs against Scotland. This shows that they are working hard to get better in cricket. We should recognize progress they have made and keep cheering them on as they try to do even better in future matches. I think with their determination and effort USA Women team can become even more successful in cricket.
In yesterday game of UAE Women's ODI Tri-Series Scotland-W team vs USA-W team, this was 3 rd ODI game of this series after this game, Scotland-W team rank is top 1 on points table with 2 win and total 4 points and USA-W team rank is lower than all other team due to lost all games with 0 points.

In today game, Scotland-W team set 251 runs in 50 overs by losing 7 wickets and this target was good and tough to other team who play this series. K. Bryce was dismissed in 1 st ball of Willathgamuwa's over and made 0 runs and other A.Lister also bowled out for 0 runs. In batting side, S.Bryce deserved player of game award due to batting effort and he scored 84 runs in 122 balls with eleven 4s. But A.Maqsood got a player of game title with her bowling effort and took down 4 wickets with 30 runs. USA-W team effort was also very good in batting lineup and chased enough runs of 210 runs but USA-W failed to chased al runs target and lost this game by 41 runs. G.Bhogle was bowled out for 35 runs in 49 balls with five 4s id this batsman was not dismissed and played more balls than USA-W have some chances to win this game but unfortunately USA-W lost game.
Activity: 378
Merit: 189
Scotland Women vs USA Women

Yesterday Scotland Women team and United States of America Women team played 3rd ODI match of UAE Women's ODI Tri-Series 2024. This match was held in Dubai. And in this match Scotland Women team performance was really good. They collected 251 runs in 50 overs and obviously the target was 252 runs. Sarah Bryce played really well and made 84 runs. USA Women team tried well but they only made 210 runs in 50 overs. Here I will appreciate the performance of Abtaha Maqsood she bowled really well and collected 4 wickets and gave only 30 runs. She deserved the award of player of the match. Congratulations to Scotland Women team.
In yesterday game of UAE Women's ODI Tri-Series Scotland-W team vs USA-W team, this was 3 rd ODI game of this series after this game, Scotland-W team rank is top 1 on points table with 2 win and total 4 points and USA-W team rank is lower than all other team due to lost all games with 0 points.

In today game, Scotland-W team set 251 runs in 50 overs by losing 7 wickets and this target was good and tough to other team who play this series. K. Bryce was dismissed in 1 st ball of Willathgamuwa's over and made 0 runs and other A.Lister also bowled out for 0 runs. In batting side, S.Bryce deserved player of game award due to batting effort and he scored 84 runs in 122 balls with eleven 4s. But A.Maqsood got a player of game title with her bowling effort and took down 4 wickets with 30 runs. USA-W team effort was also very good in batting lineup and chased enough runs of 210 runs but USA-W failed to chased al runs target and lost this game by 41 runs. G.Bhogle was bowled out for 35 runs in 49 balls with five 4s id this batsman was not dismissed and played more balls than USA-W have some chances to win this game but unfortunately USA-W lost game.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 588

Yesterday Scotland Women team and United States of America Women team played 3rd ODI match of UAE Women's ODI Tri-Series 2024. This match was held in Dubai. And in this match Scotland Women team performance was really good. They collected 251 runs in 50 overs and obviously the target was 252 runs. Sarah Bryce played really well and made 84 runs. USA Women team tried well but they only made 210 runs in 50 overs. Here I will appreciate the performance of Abtaha Maqsood she bowled really well and collected 4 wickets and gave only 30 runs. She deserved the award of player of the match. Congratulations to Scotland Women team.
Neither Scotland nor the USA had a bad performance. But the USA does not have much of a reputation for cricket in the past, but what they have played has been good enough. And as a women's team I think such a score is good enough.  Scotland batted first, they completed the batting in a relaxed way and they set the USA a target of 251 runs. however, USA could not cross the target but it was good to see that USA was able to play the full 50 overs with wickets to spare. Since the ODI is a long match, USA's strategy of saving wickets has to be really appreciated
Match between Scotland Women and United States of America Women in UAE Women's ODI Tri-Series 2024 was very exciting. Scotland played really well especially Sarah Bryce who scored 84 runs. They ended up with total of 251 runs. USA Women team needed 252 runs to win but they only made 210 runs in their 50 overs. Abtaha Maqsood bowled amazingly taking 4 wickets for just 30 runs. She was named player of the match. It is great to see talent and hard work of these women cricketers. Well done to Scotland Women team for winning. This match shows how competitive and skilled women cricket is becoming and it is fun to watch such good performances.
I stand with Palestine.

Activity: 168
Merit: 88
Trade Big, Win Bigger!
Congratulations to the South African Women's team. This win is really a big win for Laura Wolvaardt. It is the team as well as her own score of 110 runs that is truly commendable. On the other hand, Marizanne Kapp's 52-balls 50-run innings was excellent. The 100 run partnership for the fourth wicket was incredible off 119 balls. With this victory of South African women's team today. South African women's points are 2 and Sri Lankan women's points are zero. We did not see a single over the boundary from the South African women's team. We will see many big surprises from captain Laura Wolvaardt in the future. Her batting style really impresses me.
Yes their victory was really special for squad and more special for Laura Wolvaardt and this batter was caption of team and also her performance was really superb if this batter was got out earlier than South Africa women squad chance for win reduced but one more batter strength really impressive Marizanne Kapp and both Marizanne Kapp and Laura Wolvaardt both build strong batting partnership and long lasting at the end of match. Many batters like Sune Luus , Delmi Tucker and Lara Goodall was unable to stay with Laura Wolvaardt batter in batting partnership. First match of this competition already declared without any outcome.
In the second One day game of SL-W vs SA-W. SL-W made 229 runs All out and posted a small target with the support of Chamari Athapaththu played 51 runs in the inning. South Africa -W was successful in chasing the target of 233/3. Laura Wolvaardt's brilliant batting performance is 110 runs unbeaten while on the other end excellent bowling by Nadine de Klerk takes 3/23 wickets. Srilinka Women team did not take early wickets and didn't create pressure on South Africa W, after that they are failed to deliver in the batting line and lost this match by seven wickets. South Africa -W won 1 out 2 games and they led the series by 1-0. The final game will be played on Wednesday.
Activity: 224
Merit: 211
Congratulations to the South African Women's team. This win is really a big win for Laura Wolvaardt. It is the team as well as her own score of 110 runs that is truly commendable. On the other hand, Marizanne Kapp's 52-balls 50-run innings was excellent. The 100 run partnership for the fourth wicket was incredible off 119 balls. With this victory of South African women's team today. South African women's points are 2 and Sri Lankan women's points are zero. We did not see a single over the boundary from the South African women's team. We will see many big surprises from captain Laura Wolvaardt in the future. Her batting style really impresses me.
It was a really great win for South Africa woman, along with L Wolvaardt good performance, M. Kapp has also done very well in both side bowling and batting M kapp completed his half century with the continue their inning and made 80 run in 84 balls and bowling side played also well she took wickets by giving 17 run in 7 overs. She is a awarded of this match . And South Africa woman side A. Khaka and N . de Klerk also played very excellent she both took 3'3 wickets . south Africa woman won the match in 47 overs ,Which is a proof that this run score was very low for South Africa Women.
Yes, South Africa women team gave a very good batting performance in the second ODI match as a result of which they beat Sri Lanka women team by a huge margin of 7 wickets in that match. In this series between Sri Lanka Women's team and South Africa Women's team, we saw that South America Women's team managed to win the first T20 match and then they did not win any more matches. As a result, they lost the T20 series to the Sri Lankan women's team.

When the ODI series begins between these two teams, South Africa Women have won the second ODI between them and lead the series. Another match between South Africa Women and Sri Lanka Women is another chance for South Africa Women to win the series. If SAW wins the third ODI they will win the series and if SLW win then the series will be drawn.
Pages:
Jump to: