Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 113. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.
Ok I'm taking into account three modifications:

-Headings in darker color
-changing "In practice, as the number of people participating in the "mix" increases, the harder it is to figure out after the fact the transaction linkages."

And about this
Found something!  Blockchain is one word, same goes for websites.
I was not too sure until I read this kind of official (?) websites where block chain is two words:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

-so what do we decide, blockchain 1 word or 2 ?

after that's done, by tomorrow, I'll post the Final final version here, and start posting on other places ! Smiley

This looks fantastic, alacast!  Thank you for the great work.  I can't wait to share this.

I vote for blockchain to be one word.

One other thing, in the very last paragraph, I would suggest changing 'informations' to 'information.'
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Ok I'm taking into account three modifications:

-Headings in darker color
-changing "In practice, as the number of people participating in the "mix" increases, the harder it is to figure out after the fact the transaction linkages."

And about this
I was not too sure until I read this kind of official (?) websites where block chain is two words:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

-so what do we decide, blockchain 1 word or 2 ?

after that's done, by tomorrow, I'll post the Final final version here, and start posting on other places ! Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 182
I N F O G R A P H I C   F I N A L   V E R S I O N

Hi all !
If no one complains, this is final version, and maybe I'm posting tomorrow on reddit: /r/zerocoin /r/anoncoin /r/darknet (I'm not allowed to post in /r/deepdotweb so if there is an allowed member around...)

I'll also do a little emailing to some crypto websites and blogs, if everyone is OK?

If you want a .png version just ask (bigger size: 1.6 M). I'll have also snippets with visuals only, no text just in case you need to decorate documents...

Keep in mind that there will be another infographic more speficic on the zerocoin feature in the next wallet, it is in progress, but it has to wait until the new wallet is alive!
...and there should be another infographic about I2P embedded too, before that, if I have enough time ! Wink

Looks great! As soon as Geekz enables images on the wiki, we can add a copy there as well.
"...after the fact the transaction linkages" (where mixing is being explained).  This sentence does no make complete sense. Needs to be edited,I think.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
There's a new king in the streets

Hey, thanks K1773R, I took your advice and got an ubuntu VM which works fine, seems there is selinux issues with my mainstay centos box ... like: setsebool -P tor_bind_all_unreserved_ports 1

but have seen it work on the other box ... still investigating but looks a bit better

i'll be back soon with a custom anoncoinxxxxxx.onion shallot address soon

Activity: 249
I N F O G R A P H I C   F I N A L   V E R S I O N

Hi all !
If no one complains, this is final version, and maybe I'm posting tomorrow on reddit: /r/zerocoin /r/anoncoin /r/darknet (I'm not allowed to post in /r/deepdotweb so if there is an allowed member around...)

I'll also do a little emailing to some crypto websites and blogs, if everyone is OK?

If you want a .png version just ask (bigger size: 1.6 M). I'll have also snippets with visuals only, no text just in case you need to decorate documents...

Keep in mind that there will be another infographic more speficic on the zerocoin feature in the next wallet, it is in progress, but it has to wait until the new wallet is alive!
...and there should be another infographic about I2P embedded too, before that, if I have enough time ! Wink

Looks great! As soon as Geekz enables images on the wiki, we can add a copy there as well.
Excellent infographic.  I can't see any errors but I'm no expert.  Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Geekz, did you fix the paperwallet?
Activity: 258
I agree; great infographic! I think it could be a bit easier to read using the darker fonts too! Otherwise A++++ Cheesy
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत

Hi all !

Hey alacast , Great JOB.
I think , the heading text can be changed from White color to a darker one and can be made bold. ..
Activity: 30

Hi all !

https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1412171460930.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Two weeks now until the expected test-net launch of Zerocoin.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Here we are,  final countdown has begun.
We wait long time to not be active now!
More support on reddit, twitter, or where ever will be useful.

Are you excited like I am? 

Grin

Activity: 84
This really is so upsetting because i was one of the very first people mining this from launch and now i have nothing to hold.  Embarrassed
Matched 23.88919338 ANC (donation is removing decimals, thx Cheesy)

Left: 699 ANC

Offer expires at: September 30, 2014, 11:59:59 PM (Forum time)

Can the community come up with the remaining 699 ANC within ~25 hours?

Let's see  Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8836960

40 more shekels before pumpkin time: aca87b47c6a1a24523ab6cbdb2a814059cd198741977bc2de08798ba7969404c
Wait a minute. You are saying it is better to trust one person who will not identify himself, rather than 7 ivy league experts who are public figures, when it comes to trusting whether a backdoor has been coded in? Especially when the one unidentified person has simply taken the work from others and claims to have completed it?

It looks like a pumpndump scam on a grand scale. I'm in. Keep on pumping and we'll see how many stupid people bite.

With RSA UFOs no trust is required from gnosis.  We DO need to trust that those who generated the UFOs are different entities - but gnosis couldn't implement a "back door" if he wanted to, that is the point of using RSA UFOs.
Activity: 2

Also about the proof reading, yoyo told me to correct this:
"By using Zerocoin you would exchange 2 anoncoins for 2 zerocoins, which would be added to all the other zerocoins in the Anoncoin blockchain cryptographic accumulator, waiting there to be redeemed."

So what happens to those coins in terms of visibility in the blockchain? They are shown as being transfered from the person's wallet to where?

Also, zerocash has 7 ivy league level experts creating an anonymous coin while anoncoin has one person who is working on a salary. If a major flaw is found in zerocoin after its release, and it seems highly likely that will be the case, does anc have a fallback plan? Would it keep patching zerocoin? Switch to something better?

The number of Ivy League degrees working on zerocash really doesn't matter if users are asked to *trust* that the key has been destroyed in order assure anonymity.

From the zerocash website.
erocash requires a trusted entity to conduct a one-time setup of the parameters of the system. During the setup procedure, secret random bits are drawn and used to compute the public parameters; the random bits are then destroyed, and the parameters are broadcast. If done correctly, then no secrets or backdoors remain.

If this setup procedure were to be corrupted, the system would continue to provide anonymity guarantees, but it would be possible to "forge" coins. As long as this setup procedure is conducted honestly, it is not possible to corrupt the public parameters of the system.

Wait a minute. You are saying it is better to trust one person who will not identify himself, rather than 7 ivy league experts who are public figures, when it comes to trusting whether a backdoor has been coded in? Especially when the one unidentified person has simply taken the work from others and claims to have completed it?

It looks like a pumpndump scam on a grand scale. I'm in. Keep on pumping and we'll see how many stupid people bite.
Activity: 258

Let's see  Grin

I've been busy developing so I haven't replied much but I just wanted to quickly say 1) thanks everyone who donated so far (currently full time through October 27)! and 2) I'm still on track for a (binary-only, sorry) testnet version for October 15. It will be binary only to prevent copy-cat coins. If you want to try out the Zerocoin testnet but are the type of person who only trusts compiling from source, I recommend running on a dedicated machine or in a VM.

Good plan. I like that you are making it harder for clones to copy us!

Can you or Meeh address the stuck transaction/Cryptsy issue? I think it is a very big deal (especially as new people start to trade ANC as Zerocoin approaches) but I have not seen any estimates on a fix.

Cryptsy claims it is an issue with our code and that nothing is wrong on their end. Can you confirm or deny this?

Thanks again for your hard work. Looking forward to testnet!

I've used Cryptsy seemingly like for what seems since the beginning of time; as bad as it is now with their stuff, its so much better. It used to be so so so much worse. Coins just vanishing, things never confirming. You no longer get negative balances, they are a lot faster and responsive for cancelling trades and restoring btc to your account. I hate them but they are still pretty solid when compare to everything and everyone else. Besides, all will be fixed when hardfork takes place. (Can't wait)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Let's see  Grin

I've been busy developing so I haven't replied much but I just wanted to quickly say 1) thanks everyone who donated so far (currently full time through October 27)! and 2) I'm still on track for a (binary-only, sorry) testnet version for October 15. It will be binary only to prevent copy-cat coins. If you want to try out the Zerocoin testnet but are the type of person who only trusts compiling from source, I recommend running on a dedicated machine or in a VM.

Good plan. I like that you are making it harder for clones to copy us!

Can you or Meeh address the stuck transaction/Cryptsy issue? I think it is a very big deal (especially as new people start to trade ANC as Zerocoin approaches) but I have not seen any estimates on a fix.

Cryptsy claims it is an issue with our code and that nothing is wrong on their end. Can you confirm or deny this?

Thanks again for your hard work. Looking forward to testnet!
Can you double check that this transaction gets included in a block? It says it was confirmed but I don't see it anywhere in a block explorer,
855c148b7fcdcec1832c973948f105692303e26b7b85e0c77f846f6d21fd1d4d

also i donated 25anc earlier! match that sweet stuff! Cheesy

Is this another stuck transaction from Cryptsy?

Hopefully after Zerocoin there will be more exchange options!

How are we supposed to trade when transactions to/from the biggest exchange ANC is listed often get stuck?

That transaction looks 100% - http://ancblockchain.com/tx/855c148b7fcdcec1832c973948f105692303e26b7b85e0c77f846f6d21fd1d4d - 345 confirmations,

fyi the one's that need rebroadcasting are with ~400 inputs - pushing the envelope but not this one 5 or so ... if it's any consolation, Gox would put stuff out the same that would sit there for days like that  Smiley

I'd be checking my wallet addresses etc,
Jump to: