Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 71. (Read 49473 times)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
this one :

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
just received mine  Smiley Smiley

i try to boot one with an 128gb sdcard it's not working, i burnt an old 16gb and it start

only one is working for the moment as i dont have a second small sdcard, its stable and not too noisy Smiley

Which 128GB SD card do you have?
legendary
FYI I have tested SD cards up to 32GB....it could be that 64 and 128GB are not supported by the MCU, but those are overkill for this anyway even if you want to run a full node (~25GB requirement).

Either way just ordered a 64 (10 bucks! can't believe SD prices these days), and will report on monday.
Did you ever test your card?  I have a 64GB card too so I hope it will work. Smiley

Yep, just got it in and loaded it up works great. Might be that 64GB is the cutoff (that or the type of SD card). This is the 64GB I tested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX29S9Q
Bez
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
FYI I have tested SD cards up to 32GB....it could be that 64 and 128GB are not supported by the MCU, but those are overkill for this anyway even if you want to run a full node (~25GB requirement).

Either way just ordered a 64 (10 bucks! can't believe SD prices these days), and will report on monday.
Did you ever test your card?  I have a 64GB card too so I hope it will work. Smiley
legendary
My Apollos just received and properly hashing. 0 problems.

Both 240w at the wall... With a Seasonic 80 Gold Plus 450w PSU.

I was expecting about 110W each at the wall  Undecided.

Maybe new software versions improve comsumption  Smiley.

110 at the wall in eco will be for platinum rated psus (92+% effeciency). 120 sounds about right for gold which I think is 87%+ but depends on PSU and you factor in board variance of +\- 5% or so for silicon lottery.

You are right though there is room for improvement software wise and we were a bit conservative on the voltages.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
My Apollos just received and properly hashing. 0 problems.

Both 240w at the wall... With a Seasonic 80 Gold Plus 450w PSU.

I was expecting about 110W each at the wall  Undecided.

Maybe new software versions improve comsumption  Smiley.
legendary
I received mine too !

With a small transport damage Undecided on both sides !

image loading...     image loading...

Will post laters if the miner works fine or if there is an other damage inside too !

Update :

Mining works great !

Looks like its only the transport damage , as far the miner works i am fine with that !

Thanks  @jstefanop 

Hmm that’s discouraging, thought these would withstand a good beating with our packaging. Shoot me a PM with pics of the box and packaging if you can. I’ll send you over new side panels.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
I received mine too !

With a small transport damage Undecided on both sides !

image loading...     image loading...

Will post laters if the miner works fine or if there is an other damage inside too !

Update :

Mining works great !

Looks like its only the transport damage , as far the miner works i am fine with that !

Thanks  @jstefanop 
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
just received mine  Smiley Smiley

i try to boot one with an 128gb sdcard it's not working, i burnt an old 16gb and it start

only one is working for the moment as i dont have a second small sdcard, its stable and not too noisy Smiley
legendary
I missed out on these. Have you any future plans for a second batch?

Sign up on the site, will be sending out and email with date and time that orders open up for in-stock units. One be for at least a week though until renaming pre-orders are shipped out.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
I missed out on these. Have you any future plans for a second batch?
legendary
@ yankees yes  mine is due on the 12th or 13th. I got an active fedex number today.

I purchased this sd/micro card

it has an adapter  so it is full sized or small size since some have been confused which size to buy just get this one.. It is big 128gb  you can run a full node with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?

samsung class 10 speedy enough  should work great  in any size you need sd or micro sd

note that link is not a referral link.

Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)

Card and Adapter Only
Up to 100MB/s & 90MB/s read & write speeds respectively; Class 10 UHS 3
High-performance for 4K UHD video recording, high resolution pictures, mobile gaming and music, for use in Smartphones, Drones, Android Tablets, Tablet PCs, Action Cameras, DSLRs and more
Includes: Full-Size adapter for use in Cameras and Laptop/Desktop Computers
10-year limited warranty. For products incompatible with UHS-I interface, the speeds may vary subject to different interface conditions, Read : up to 80MB/s with UHS-1 interface Write : up to 20MB/s with UHS-1 interface
Operating Temperature : -13 degree F to 185 degree F. Interface uhs-i compatible to hs interface

legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
@ yankees yes  mine is due on the 12th or 13th. I got an active fedex number today.

Edit I went to amazon and grabbed a smaller card for 6 dollars the 32gb Samsung

Which that size works according to builder.

So don’t buy the big card below:
I purchased this sd/micro card

it has an adapter  so it is full sized or small size since some have been confused which size to buy just get this one.. It is big 128gb  you can run a full node with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?

samsung class 10 speedy enough  should work great  in any size you need sd or micro sd

note that link is not a referral link.

Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)

Card and Adapter Only
Up to 100MB/s & 90MB/s read & write speeds respectively; Class 10 UHS 3
High-performance for 4K UHD video recording, high resolution pictures, mobile gaming and music, for use in Smartphones, Drones, Android Tablets, Tablet PCs, Action Cameras, DSLRs and more
Includes: Full-Size adapter for use in Cameras and Laptop/Desktop Computers
10-year limited warranty. For products incompatible with UHS-I interface, the speeds may vary subject to different interface conditions, Read : up to 80MB/s with UHS-1 interface Write : up to 20MB/s with UHS-1 interface
Operating Temperature : -13 degree F to 185 degree F. Interface uhs-i compatible to hs interface
Activity: 462
Merit: 300
Did anyone get tracking for their gear?
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
I was wondering where to put it will it be okay in 90f room?
Activity: 61
Merit: 40
reserved
legendary
RESERVED
legendary
Revision History

Latest 1/29/19

Link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/apolloimage/apollo_image_1-29.img.zip

MD5: a81f9830453dfbd493b94dd00787bb9c
SHA256: 937ccb99b2b58c8c3ea113b5391ca7d8dba7f10aafc4261bfa707f51a6da6918

ChangeLog:
-system kernel updated to 4.19 for fixes and reliability
-lowered CPU aggressiveness to keep MCU cooler for better reliability
-enabled low level hardware watchdog, this fixes the very rare issue some people were reporting and any system failure or hardware monitor failure will now cause a system reboot and prevent unit from overheating
-reduced SD card writes from hardware monitor to increase SD card life
-you can now manually set fan to a minimum of 5%
-you can now edit pools directly instead of deleting and re-adding
-added settings option to enable local bfgminer API access
-stratum pool difficulty is now displayed in dashboard instead of discarded shares
-OS will now automatically expand SD card to maximum size on first boot
-Dashboard now shows bfgminer log output if there are connection issues
-Miner Yellow LED now blinks rapidly after hardware initialization is successfully complete and waiting for bfgminer startup (ie if there is an external internet connection issue, or bad pool/credentials issue miner will just keep blinking yellow rapidly)
-multiple dashboard visual fixes
-lots of hardware monitor bug fixes

Initial Release 12/5/18

Link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/apolloimage/apollo_final.img.zip

MD5: 5a01a5beebe5c026baa4873d087a8f6f
SHA256: 906bbdb9b9a195edea5fd3302b258ae28e6049c04a610698d253132f5dee50eb

ChangeLog:
-initial release
legendary
THIS IS THE SUPPORT THREAD: Keep this thread on topic!
All order related questions go here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/batch-3-futurebit-apollo-ltc-official-order-thread-4988526
All other comments/general questions go to the anouncment thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-futurebit-project-apollo-bringing-asic-mining-back-to-the-home-miner-4974036

Posting this here for now until I have time to write up and put up proper instructions on the website and here. Sorry for the quick post but need to make sure my time is dedicated to making sure all pre-order are shipped out in a timely fashion before I can sit down and concentrate on this stuff.  

Download image here:

Link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/apolloimage/apollo_image_1-29.img.zip

Alternate (will only be up for a few days): https://we.tl/t-Z0cS3MqxZn

MD5: a81f9830453dfbd493b94dd00787bb9c
SHA256: 937ccb99b2b58c8c3ea113b5391ca7d8dba7f10aafc4261bfa707f51a6da6918

Unzip it

run a MD5 or sha256 checksum on it (not required but should check it in case of corrupted download if your having issues)

Use a clone tool like etcher to clone the unzipped image to your SD card (or use dd) it MUST be a bit copy that overwrites the whole SD card and not just a partition so make sure whatever tool you use can do that

stick the SD card into the Apollo (the slot is underneath where the blue controller is)

plug in your ethernet cable and power her up!

you should see ethernet lights flashing, and after a few seconds the front LED should start flashing yellow...wait a min or two until its fully booted up and connected to your local network...it should start mining right away and you'll see lots of green and red blinky lights.

Go to a web browser on a device thats connected to your local network (both computers and phones/tablets should work) and go to futurebit.local (this might not work for everyone)

If futurebit.local does not work your going to manually have to find the IP address of the device on your network...just use any ip scanner that can display a hostname (futurebit is the devices hostname) otherwise just go down the list and enter the address of the active IPs until you see the Apollo UI load.

Thats it! The rest we hopefully made intuitive and easy enough that I don't need to explain it...set up your pool and save and you should be good to go!

DONT do anything stupid with settings until I have a full writeup, and keep the miner in ECO mode for now.

Please post and issues and bugs here...there will probably be a bunch since this is the first release of a brand new image/software. Also keep in mind we were overly cautious on the hardware controls so fan will probably be louder than it needs to be in eco mode, and miner will shutdown more than it needs too on the slightest error....need to make sure everything is safe and working properly before we relax this stuff on future releases.

Enjoy!
Pages:
Jump to: