Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 407. (Read 495998 times)

mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle
I just tried to send a money gram to zipzap, which is part of a BitInstant transaction and when I got to the money gram vendor, they said the account was not correct.  I took the sheet I printed out.  It was about an hour after I printed it out.  I've done this a number of times before and I know it works.  What happened this time?

I tried this two times today and both times failed with the same error about wrong last name as mentioned by others before me.  Both times I did the same thing as I had in other attempts that we successful in the past.  I even tried two separate places to send the money gram.  I'll just have to wait until you all get it fixed. 
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
We are investigating and working on the issue, I am sorry for the delay this is causing.

Will update soon
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
It was 'pay a bill' selected. the clerk didnt know what 'invalid last name' meant. only that she couldn't process the transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1512
By invalid last name, do you mean they are telling you the receiver’s last name is invalid or that your last name is invalid?

Make sure you say/choose the option that you are “Paying a Bill” and not the option that you are sending money to a person/individual. This might be the reason.
Activity: 2
I third the "invalid last name" error.
Activity: 2
i've been having the same issue. could it be a bitinstant thing?
Activity: 1
On 4 seprate occasions today I attempted to make a bill payment to zip zap through money gram, Each time I was told INVALID LAST NAME, Which make no sense to me what is going on can someone please address this issue
Activity: 11
 I also just got the "invalid last name" thing at wal-mart.  Entered everything on the moneygram sheet as I entered on the website.
I start the process on Bitinstant site.
>enter information very carefully
>click Submit
>ZipZap page comes up. Fill in fields carefully
>print out order confirmation and take to store per instructions
>told multiple times "invalid last name"
>start over, do everything again with care
>again told 'invalid last name'
>did this AGAIN as above and went to different store. they entered my info carefully. again, told "invalid last name"
>did this from my iphone IN the store, in front of clerk and still got the same.
tried to call moneygram but can't get to actual rep.

feelsbadman.jpg
legendary
Same problem here. Invalid account or invalid last name.

Im trying to do ZipZap inc to btc-e and all the terminals say the account # is wrong?? What the heck is going on with this service lately?

We are investigating, Moneygram made some changes recently.

Are you guys starting the transactions on our website and entering all the information correctly?

Walk me thru your process and what happens.
Same problem here. Invalid account or invalid last name.
Activity: 9
Im trying to do ZipZap inc to btc-e and all the terminals say the account # is wrong?? What the heck is going on with this service lately?
legendary
Update: I tried again with new info, and was told again, "invalid last name". The wal-mart lady even showed me the terminal. Not sure what to do.

We are looking into it now!

I have questions.

Bitinstant only sale bitcoins or do convert bitcoins in USD too

incase converting to USD then in which methods, we are looking for ACH Transfer or PayPal

Thank You

Ya, we're working on that as well  Grin
Activity: 54
I have questions.

Bitinstant only sale bitcoins or do convert bitcoins in USD too

incase converting to USD then in which methods, we are looking for ACH Transfer or PayPal

Thank You
Update: I tried again with new info, and was told again, "invalid last name". The wal-mart lady even showed me the terminal. Not sure what to do.
legendary
Wasted an hour trying to fund my Bitinstant order today. The Moneygram people kept saying "invalid last name". This is insane. I've already done 2 or 3 successful transfers and now this. they even pulled up my account with the phone number. crazy.
I am starting over on the off-chance that it was my mistake but it's so irritating.

Last night, I needed to buy $1250 worth of bitcoins (which wouldve ended up being only $1200 after fees)...but anyways....I had to do it in 3 separate transactions because bitinstant only take $500 max per transaction. This all took place around 10pm (est) last night. I check my btc wallet until about 12am, still no bitcoins. Then I woke up this morning and only 2 of the 3 transactions went through. I know there are so many factors (moneygram, bitinstant, and zipzap) where this couldve went wrong but I don't know where to start. Every transaction before that went pretty damn smoothly. Any thoughts?

Hey,

Probably because you did 2 similar amounts with the same information, our fraud filter picks it up and requires us to manually approve it.

In the future, keep each transaction $2-3 different

Thanks!
Activity: 1
Wasted an hour trying to fund my Bitinstant order today. The Moneygram people kept saying "invalid last name". This is insane. I've already done 2 or 3 successful transfers and now this. they even pulled up my account with the phone number. crazy.
I am starting over on the off-chance that it was my mistake but it's so irritating.

Last night, I needed to buy $1250 worth of bitcoins (which wouldve ended up being only $1200 after fees)...but anyways....I had to do it in 3 separate transactions because bitinstant only take $500 max per transaction. This all took place around 10pm (est) last night. I check my btc wallet until about 12am, still no bitcoins. Then I woke up this morning and only 2 of the 3 transactions went through. I know there are so many factors (moneygram, bitinstant, and zipzap) where this couldve went wrong but I don't know where to start. Every transaction before that went pretty damn smoothly. Any thoughts?
legendary
I attempted to convert money from my Dwolla account to email catapult and the verification failed so I contacted support and they said they were working on it, the problem is this was about 5 days ago and the problem still has not been resolved.  I sent them an email 3 days ago to ask them for an update and have not received a response.

Hey, PM me or put your Order ID here,
Activity: 7
I attempted to convert money from my Dwolla account to email catapult and the verification failed so I contacted support and they said they were working on it, the problem is this was about 5 days ago and the problem still has not been resolved.  I sent them an email 3 days ago to ask them for an update and have not received a response.
Jump to: