Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 264. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 16, 2014, 11:40:28 PM
Ok, I've read a lot of things about AMT on this forum, mostly negative.  At first is was that they were a scam, which turned out to be false (sorry Puppet).  Now I am reading about their lack of communication and poor customer skills.  I'm not posting to refute these assessments.  But I will say this:  For those that ordered a 1.2 ths miner, I believe you will be more satisfied, in the long run, that those receiving their miners now.

Yes the wait SUCKS, especially when you expect something much sooner.  But in the end, for my own sanity, I force myself to look at the long play.  28nm chips will be viable for a good six months and up to a year.  Everyone that gets a 1.2 miner will more that double their investment (and that's at current pricing).  You can't say that for folks getting their miners now.

The last thing I'll say is that one should look at their investment decision, alone, without comparing it to another investment (mining company) they could have invested in.  Why do I say this?  We make the best decision we can WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE AT THE TIME before we invest.  There will always be an investment where we could have done better, but that's with stocks, real estate, cyber money, you name it!

I have a choice.  I can wish I had got my AMT miner in December, made 20k already, and be mad about it, or I can assess what I think I'll make over the next year once I get my miner in February, and ask myself how I'll invest those proceeds.  I choose to keep my sanity and focus on the later.  But I understand the desire of folks to express their great frustration here, in large part probably because of a lot of other things going in their life that's also very frustrating.....but they can't blame AMT for those things because their own decision making brought that about....they just want the windfall (please perform AMT) to make it go away.  Wink
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Movin' on up.
January 16, 2014, 11:22:18 PM
Khanduras, I got some setup questions for you once I get home, if you don't mind. Doing much from my phone is pointless.

Don't mind at all. Shoot me a PM when you get some time. I'll respond as soon as I can.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
January 16, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
Khanduras, I got some setup questions for you once I get home, if you don't mind. Doing much from my phone is pointless.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 16, 2014, 09:31:20 PM
same trolls different week. these are low life POS's who get some weird satisfaction in others perceived misfortune. welcome to the internet.

You were one of them before, blindly fighting on their side. Now you're against people who are saying things are checking out. Make up your mind, will you? You can't play the fence.

In other news, this pointless bickering is exactly that. Pointless. AMT is shipping devices. Several people, myself included, went from bitching about their orders not being fulfilled, to happily mining away. It doesn't matter what boards they use. It doesn't matter if they, like every company before them, accidentally misrepresented realistic power consumption values. The devices are here. They work. AMT is not a scam, though their business ethics may be a bit on the wonky side.

Conversation over.

that's not how i see it.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
January 16, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
same trolls different week. these are low life POS's who get some weird satisfaction in others perceived misfortune. welcome to the internet.

clennel, you're a hard man to like. I recommend a spliff.
Movin' on up.
January 16, 2014, 08:56:54 PM

You were one of them before, blindly fighting on their side. Now you're against people who are saying things are checking out. Make up your mind, will you? You can't play the fence.

In other news, this pointless bickering is exactly that. Pointless. AMT is shipping devices. Several people, myself included, went from bitching about their orders not being fulfilled, to happily mining away. It doesn't matter what boards they use. It doesn't matter if they, like every company before them, accidentally misrepresented realistic power consumption values. The devices are here. They work. AMT is not a scam, though their business ethics may be a bit on the wonky side.

Conversation over.
January 16, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
January 16, 2014, 08:03:12 PM
Been away from this thread for a while.  But I see I have not missed much.
Same slanders, different posters.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
January 16, 2014, 07:15:37 PM
LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/GH 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS

Clennell gave as good as he got, almost anyone that disagreed with him was a troll and Clennel appeared to be talking down to them.

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
(20GHs @ 0.35W/GH = 7W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

Respectively... On the top-end...
(40Ghs @ 1.0W/GH = 40W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

For AMT to state power consumption as 300W-.. is a lie.

With the above two stated setups... The lower one would operate at less than 300W, but not 300W while at 1.2THs speeds.

(20Ghs @ 0.35W/GH = 7W) = 1 Chip
600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

This same 30 chips can do 1.2THs, but not at 600W. (40 chips possibly, between the two numbers.)

300W/7W = ~44 chips (low)
which would be 44*20Ghs=880GHs on the low 300W

600W/13.6W = ~44 chips (below nominal)
which would be 44*28GHs=1232GHs (1.2THs) on below nominal About 600W
Again, I assume this LIMIT is due to the PSU ability, and heat-dissipation ability. Not a limit of the chip itself. (If 44 is what is used.)

11 boards of 4 chips = 44
8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48
Or mixed, one with 4  or 6 chips, to even it out. For the 48-chip odd arrangements.

Thus, like I said... like every MFG does... They state perfect-world estimated ranges. 40MPG Hwy - 32MPG City, but it never gets that, ever... Thus 300-600W, and the "max speed" may only be 1.2THs. They never said what the low speed is.

They didn't even confirm that the A1 chip is what is being used. (That is what we assume.)

It isn't a LIE, if no-one has it yet. "Specs subject to change". Even then, it isn't a LIE, it is an error. If that is what they were told, then that is what they repeated, as specs. My video cards say 250W, but I have them running at 135W, and have pushed them over 290W. Yet the specs still say "consumes 250W". Which is not "at the wall".

But I agree that the specs seem under-estimated, possibly. (The other components are all low-power, except the PSU and fans. They run off USB-power, so they have to be low wattage.) Another thing they forget to think about, is European power is 240v, which is half the amps, and more efficient than American power at 120v. That will add 15-25% inefficiency to the PSU alone, even a platinum PSU, which is only rated at 90% efficient at 240V, with an 85% load. (Which, by the way, is a LIE, because PSU's never get that efficient. Tongue)

One more month, or two... and we will see the results, in full technicolor detail. Tongue

thanks for the explanation isawhim... nonetheless you will not convince that which does not want to be convinced. how does that adage go? you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. puppett and many others on this website are not thirsty. they are trolls plain and simple. they bring nothing useful to the table. they pimp there bias and speculation because they are attention whores, nothing more.

How's the water now boys?  Guess some of the senior naysayers might have had some actually normal insight into a situation most of us have already been through and watched a number of fucking times.  Perhaps if the newb had come in this thread as a reasonable person and tried to discuss things instead of all guns blazing he would have met with similar response...  As it was he got what he deserved and what a lot of us already knew, he got SFA, and I don't feel sorry for him one bit at this point.

your're a fucking moron. late delivery and now you want a cookie for thinking your some sage? shut up douche bag you look like an idiot.

That a boy, you're a champ, a real superstar interwebs keyboard warrior.  How's that first week of Jan tracking number coming bro?

lol, i guess you think you're a genius now. ok son.

Now how does that old adage go? Oh yes you can lead a horse to water...  guess you're still not thirsty eh?  Guess the AMT kool aid aint cutting it!
Activity: 267
Stan the Man!
January 16, 2014, 06:47:39 PM
Howdy-  i only have a few posts, but have been watching form the sidelines since late Nov.

I ordered an 80GH miner on Dec9, order #928.  After a few emails last week and this week, i finally got a response stating "we are currently assembling and testing the 80gh units, and you should be receiving it shortly".  

i know 'shortly' is a vague delivery date, but I was actually happy to get a response.  was beginning to think my money was gone.  

so, it's not the 3-4 delivery as promised at time of purchase, and i'll probably never roi from it, but they are there and doing something, just not responding to most customers.  haha.

pre-order sucks.  horrible way to do business, at least from the customer's perspective. i won't do it again, that's for damn sure.

will post again when it actually gets here.  hoping it is next week, like i was told this morning.
January 16, 2014, 06:45:48 PM
LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/GH 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS

Clennell gave as good as he got, almost anyone that disagreed with him was a troll and Clennel appeared to be talking down to them.

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

With the above two stated setups... The lower one would operate at less than 300W, but not 300W while at 1.2THs speeds.

600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

This same 30 chips can do 1.2THs, but not at 600W. (40 chips possibly, between the two numbers.)

Again, I assume this LIMIT is due to the PSU ability, and heat-dissipation ability. Not a limit of the chip itself. (If 44 is what is used.)

8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48
Or mixed, one with 4  or 6 chips, to even it out. For the 48-chip odd arrangements.

Thus, like I said... like every MFG does... They state perfect-world estimated ranges. 40MPG Hwy - 32MPG City, but it never gets that, ever... Thus 300-600W, and the "max speed" may only be 1.2THs. They never said what the low speed is.

They didn't even confirm that the A1 chip is what is being used. (That is what we assume.)

It isn't a LIE, if no-one has it yet. "Specs subject to change". Even then, it isn't a LIE, it is an error. If that is what they were told, then that is what they repeated, as specs. My video cards say 250W, but I have them running at 135W, and have pushed them over 290W. Yet the specs still say "consumes 250W". Which is not "at the wall".

But I agree that the specs seem under-estimated, possibly. (The other components are all low-power, except the PSU and fans. They run off USB-power, so they have to be low wattage.) Another thing they forget to think about, is European power is 240v, which is half the amps, and more efficient than American power at 120v. That will add 15-25% inefficiency to the PSU alone, even a platinum PSU, which is only rated at 90% efficient at 240V, with an 85% load. (Which, by the way, is a LIE, because PSU's never get that efficient. Tongue)

One more month, or two... and we will see the results, in full technicolor detail. Tongue

thanks for the explanation isawhim... nonetheless you will not convince that which does not want to be convinced. how does that adage go? you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. puppett and many others on this website are not thirsty. they are trolls plain and simple. they bring nothing useful to the table. they pimp there bias and speculation because they are attention whores, nothing more.

How's the water now boys?  Guess some of the senior naysayers might have had some actually normal insight into a situation most of us have already been through and watched a number of fucking times.  Perhaps if the newb had come in this thread as a reasonable person and tried to discuss things instead of all guns blazing he would have met with similar response...  As it was he got what he deserved and what a lot of us already knew, he got SFA, and I don't feel sorry for him one bit at this point.

your're a fucking moron. late delivery and now you want a cookie for thinking your some sage? shut up douche bag you look like an idiot.

That a boy, you're a champ, a real superstar interwebs keyboard warrior.  How's that first week of Jan tracking number coming bro?

lol, i guess you think you're a genius now. ok son.
legendary
January 16, 2014, 06:43:03 PM
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48

January 16, 2014, 06:40:57 PM
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48

you're a fucking moron. late delivery and now you want a cookie for thinking you're some sage? shut up douche bag you look like an idiot.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
January 16, 2014, 06:32:51 PM

There are several vendors that are selling from stock, Bitfury and Bitmain to name two good ones.

Bitmain makes a very nice product.
legendary
January 16, 2014, 06:30:44 PM
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
January 16, 2014, 06:28:59 PM
Dude that's not cool.

Dont expect me to shed a tear when the "shills for 5%" get shafted, especially not after calling me an idiot a troll and a liar for stating obvious (and now almost all proven) truths.

Yeah, that's true, I thought about that after I had made that post.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
January 16, 2014, 06:07:03 PM
Dude that's not cool.

Dont expect me to shed a tear when the "shills for 5%" get shafted, especially not after calling me an idiot a troll and a liar for stating obvious (and now almost all proven) truths.
Movin' on up.
January 16, 2014, 03:37:40 PM
I just love how clenell was giving me hell when I was complaining about lack of contact from AMT after ordering, and now he's in the exact same boat. It sucks, doesn't it clenell?

Anyways, once I actually got through to someone from AMT who wasn't a complete idiot (Jim - if you get anyone else, you're pretty much screwed) it was actually quite easy to get some information. Got my miner to ship relatively quickly after talking to him directly.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
January 16, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
Dude that's not cool. K, you were right. But don't rub it in. Clenell, I feel for you too. Honestly I think the best way to get a miner is on eBay. Preorders are so unnatural, unethical, and uncalled for. Nobody should sell a product that they do not have in stock.

There are several vendors that are selling from stock, Bitfury and Bitmain to name two good ones.

The best bang for the buck is a 200 GHs system for around $3,000.

Unfortunately,  at $15 per GHs,  you aren't going to break even!

Activity: 294
January 16, 2014, 01:46:23 PM
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS
Jump to: