Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 265. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
January 16, 2014, 01:18:05 PM
Dude that's not cool. K, you were right. But don't rub it in. Clenell, I feel for you too. Honestly I think the best way to get a miner is on eBay. Preorders are so unnatural, unethical, and uncalled for. Nobody should sell a product that they do not have in stock.

There are several vendors that are selling from stock, Bitfury and Bitmain to name two good ones.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
January 16, 2014, 12:43:11 PM
LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/W 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.

Dude that's not cool. K, you were right. But don't rub it in. Clenell, I feel for you too. Honestly I think the best way to get a miner is on eBay. Preorders are so unnatural, unethical, and uncalled for. Nobody should sell a product that they do not have in stock.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
January 16, 2014, 12:06:19 PM
LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/GH 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 16, 2014, 12:01:08 PM
In short puppett... you look like an idiot man. what's your motive? - you post patent lies and accuse AMT customers of being shills and liars. who are you working for man? unless you are some weirdo troll with nothing better to do i find it hard to understand why you continue to post on this thread. you have purchased nothing (supposedly) so why are you here? what is your purpose for lurking in this thread continuously? your're not a hero man, you are not "saving" anyone... you just look like an attention whore who's been burned one too many times in the btc world. go get a life, job, girlfriend or w/e and stop looking like a troll.

i'll continue to point out every lie you make on this thread. why do i do it? a. because i hate liars and attention whores and b. because i'm a customer of AMT's and have a large financial stake in how this pans out.

So, how wrong was I, and how many lies have I told? And who looks like an idiot now?

when i speak it's based on facts. you on the other hand base nothing on fact. they are late and are not talking plain and simple. they have not proven themselves to be an outright scam as you speculate. so no puppett - you are still a troll with no skin in the game. there is no getting around that fact.

and you still look like an idiot & an obvious attention whore.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
January 16, 2014, 11:36:48 AM
In short puppett... you look like an idiot man. what's your motive? - you post patent lies and accuse AMT customers of being shills and liars. who are you working for man? unless you are some weirdo troll with nothing better to do i find it hard to understand why you continue to post on this thread. you have purchased nothing (supposedly) so why are you here? what is your purpose for lurking in this thread continuously? your're not a hero man, you are not "saving" anyone... you just look like an attention whore who's been burned one too many times in the btc world. go get a life, job, girlfriend or w/e and stop looking like a troll.

i'll continue to point out every lie you make on this thread. why do i do it? a. because i hate liars and attention whores and b. because i'm a customer of AMT's and have a large financial stake in how this pans out.

So, how wrong was I, and how many lies have I told? And who looks like an idiot now?
January 16, 2014, 10:29:58 AM
well, i've heard nothing from AMT. they wont return emails now. i'm sick of these guys and wish i had just ordered from someone else. are they talking to anyone at all?

Clenell, I feel for you, I watched your avid support throughout this thread, and it's disheartening to see your change in mindset.. But I know exactly how you feel:

no emails, no calls, flat out avoidance of any communication. yeah... this one time "shill" is nothing but disappointed with AMT. the one person I did get on the phone was a total douche bag. no miner, no updates and no class whatsoever. i honestly wish i went with another mining company - a little late for that.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
January 15, 2014, 11:36:45 PM
well, i've heard nothing from AMT. they wont return emails now. i'm sick of these guys and wish i had just ordered from someone else. are they talking to anyone at all?

I ordered a 1.2 TH/s miner the first days of January and have had a couple email correspondence since then.  But I know Bitmine just shipped samples out to everybody this week and it's still more than a month before I should start expecting delivery.  No point in asking status updates right now as I know the status.

I follow this thread closely so I'll update if anything changes.
Activity: 504
January 15, 2014, 11:17:30 PM
And for the record, I think it's just damn wrong to send a free unit to anyone while paid customers are waiting.

I am sure it was a "used" one...

Well, then you hate all the places you purchased from, because they all did the same thing. It is sort of a standard to "send a unit for review", to an unbiased reviewer. KNC, BFL, X-BOX, Sony... You name it, someone got a review unit while customers waited on "Pre-orders".

For the record... KNC stopped taking orders... You got lucky. The rest... well, that was just wasted money.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
January 15, 2014, 11:10:06 PM

Clenell, I feel for you, I watched your avid support throughout this thread, and it's disheartening to see your change in mindset.. But I know exactly how you feel:

I tried to warn people off with my earliest posts. I'm pretty sure I was one of their earliest orders (#399), and while I let $2400 sit waiting for something to ship (a 192Gh unit which didn't) I missed out on the October batch of KNC Jupiters which would have been my second choice for a purchase at the time. I took my refund after the 30 day wait and ran.

I've bought quite a few miners since then without issue: November Jupiter, Antminers, Avalon Gen2, Chili's... and yes even 4 BFL Black Friday Jalapenos (which shipped late, but before AMT's products started to roll out -- they we're supposed to be "In stock for immediate delivery" and I received them after Christmas)

I would advise anyone considering an AMT miner to stay away until this company gets it's act together.

And for the record, I think it's just damn wrong to send a free unit to anyone while paid customers are waiting.
January 15, 2014, 10:40:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
January 15, 2014, 11:18:37 AM

The actual lack of knowledge in this post sickens me. Did you do any research... at all? It sure doesn't seem like it.

1.) It isn't a D-Link board.
2.) These are NOT HEX16A boards. At all. Unless the 80GHash models are that gimped.
3.) Not sure about the 80GHash, but the 128 has decent airflow right out of the box. I still prefer open air cooling solutions, but that's irrelevant.
4.) You should have no problems at all setting it up with a Raspberry Pi, so long as you keep a power supply attached to it. I did so in order to test a board that was originally thought to be faulty.
5.) It shouldn't crash every hour. I noticed that the boards reset every so often, but it never takes long enough to even make a dent in the hash rate. You might want to take a closer look to see if something bad may be happening.

I guess I'm wrong then. The software the comes on with the miner says: "HEX16A | OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r38818 | Load: 0.48 0.42 0.21", hence my confusion. The board itself has "TECHNOBIT" printed on them. Maybe I don't remember correctly that I was told by Josh it was a D-Link board. And I have the latest version of Minepeon and it does not recognize these boards. I need to do more research and homework, sorry.

The firmware is for all technobit boards. If you watch when cgminer comes up (I use putty to ssh in, then screen -r at the command prompt) you'll see it load up as the correct board. I learned this by farting around with it. It is a bit confusing.

Mine worked perfectly right out of the box. Surprisingly, it hashes a bit better undervolted than at default, but aside from that, no trouble at all.

I'm going to try a few pools over the next few days. I think I'm going to put it on BTCGuild while I'm gone (assuming the baby don't come today, She'll be induced tomorrow evening) and then Slush and Bitminter. I'll post which give me better results, if any, in the review thread.

It's a TP-link board. Can't recall the model number of the top of my head, but it's listed on Technobit's website. Both Martin and Jim (Technobit and AMT, respectively) have said it will work with an Rpi, but I think you have to get a firmware image from Technobit's download section. I don't currently have one, so I can't test that theory.

Good luck, and happy hashing!

EDIT: Cgminer shows the boards as HEXb 0 and HEXb 1. It is a custom version of Cgminer, which is probably why Minepeon don't see it. There is some discussion of that on the Technobit threads, but I have yet to find any decent docs. I've asked Martin about that. Once I have a bit more time and sanity, maybe I can write up a guide.

So are you saying it is 100% technobit?

This definitely is a good sign for the Bitmine.ch delivery.   I don't want AMT to be reinventing the wheel.  If Bitmine.ch logic board, software and chips, ship them pronto!  Don't re-invent the wheel!
Yeah, it appears to be.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
January 15, 2014, 07:59:31 AM

The actual lack of knowledge in this post sickens me. Did you do any research... at all? It sure doesn't seem like it.

2.) These are NOT HEX16A boards. At all. Unless the 80GHash models are that gimped.
3.) Not sure about the 80GHash, but the 128 has decent airflow right out of the box. I still prefer open air cooling solutions, but that's irrelevant.
4.) You should have no problems at all setting it up with a Raspberry Pi, so long as you keep a power supply attached to it. I did so in order to test a board that was originally thought to be faulty.
5.) It shouldn't crash every hour. I noticed that the boards reset every so often, but it never takes long enough to even make a dent in the hash rate. You might want to take a closer look to see if something bad may be happening.

I guess I'm wrong then. The software the comes on with the miner says: "HEX16A | OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r38818 | Load: 0.48 0.42 0.21", hence my confusion. The board itself has "TECHNOBIT" printed on them. Maybe I don't remember correctly that I was told by Josh it was a D-Link board. And I have the latest version of Minepeon and it does not recognize these boards. I need to do more research and homework, sorry.

The firmware is for all technobit boards. If you watch when cgminer comes up (I use putty to ssh in, then screen -r at the command prompt) you'll see it load up as the correct board. I learned this by farting around with it. It is a bit confusing.

Mine worked perfectly right out of the box. Surprisingly, it hashes a bit better undervolted than at default, but aside from that, no trouble at all.

I'm going to try a few pools over the next few days. I think I'm going to put it on BTCGuild while I'm gone (assuming the baby don't come today, She'll be induced tomorrow evening) and then Slush and Bitminter. I'll post which give me better results, if any, in the review thread.

It's a TP-link board. Can't recall the model number of the top of my head, but it's listed on Technobit's website. Both Martin and Jim (Technobit and AMT, respectively) have said it will work with an Rpi, but I think you have to get a firmware image from Technobit's download section. I don't currently have one, so I can't test that theory.

EDIT: Cgminer shows the boards as HEXb 0 and HEXb 1. It is a custom version of Cgminer, which is probably why Minepeon don't see it. There is some discussion of that on the Technobit threads, but I have yet to find any decent docs. I've asked Martin about that. Once I have a bit more time and sanity, maybe I can write up a guide.

So are you saying it is 100% technobit?

This definitely is a good sign for the Bitmine.ch delivery.   I don't want AMT to be reinventing the wheel.  If Bitmine.ch logic board, software and chips, ship them pronto!  Don't re-invent the wheel!
January 14, 2014, 07:32:46 PM
Tha you this really helps!
Since I plugged everything in to my own USB hub instead of the one that comes in the machine, it seems to be hashing ok and hasn't crashed yet.

I'm using Eligius for my pool.

I appreciate the help!
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
January 14, 2014, 05:29:15 PM

January 14, 2014, 04:42:50 PM
K, I've plugged the boards into a different usb hub and back into the onboard router to see if it's the usb board that is faulty. Let's see if they shut down again in an hour.
And for kicks I tried connecting the boards to Minepeon again, and no, they are not recognized. I have version 0.2.4 of Minepeon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
January 14, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
January 14, 2014, 04:12:27 PM
So I haven't checked the thread for a while, I've been traveling, but I did want to give an update.

So I received my 80gh miner a few weeks ago. Recently it has been crashing continuously. I turn it off, turn it back on again, and then it hashes for another hour or so and then shuts down again. To be totally honest, I'm not too impressed with the miner. It's a D-link board, a usb hub board, and technobit hex16a boards jammed into a cpu case with wires everywhere. I had to dismantle the case for airflow. Now it cuts out hashing every hour or so.

I'm not going to add praise or complaint to my statement, but just as I wanted to share with you when I went to the physical location (as a favor to those who do not live in the area), so also I want to share with you my experience after using the product for a couple weeks.

Maybe any of you have an idea how I can set up these boards to work with my Raspberry Pi? I have not gotten Minepeon to recognize them. Maybe if I ditch the case entirely, and plug the boards into my Raspberry Pi, it won't crash every hour. I don't have time to check on it constantly!

The boards are HEX16B, actually, bitfury based. The 'a' is avalon. However, the firmware does list all variants. That could be where he got mixed up.

The constant reseting, though, that's odd. Mine has worked without error, except when I messed with it. The only time I've seen it reset without me turning it off is when I was messing with the power settings. Even then not a full reset, it just stopped Cgminer and restarted it.

I probably will eventually put it in a different case, as I'd like to get some more hashing boards. And cases are easy to come by. Airflow is fine on my 80. It LOOKS like it wouldn't be, but it's not getting particularly hot.
Activity: 168
Movin' on up.
January 14, 2014, 03:59:07 PM
So I haven't checked the thread for a while, I've been traveling, but I did want to give an update.

So I received my 80gh miner a few weeks ago. Recently it has been crashing continuously. I turn it off, turn it back on again, and then it hashes for another hour or so and then shuts down again. To be totally honest, I'm not too impressed with the miner. It's a D-link board, a usb hub board, and technobit hex16a boards jammed into a cpu case with wires everywhere. I had to dismantle the case for airflow. Now it cuts out hashing every hour or so.

I'm not going to add praise or complaint to my statement, but just as I wanted to share with you when I went to the physical location (as a favor to those who do not live in the area), so also I want to share with you my experience after using the product for a couple weeks.

Maybe any of you have an idea how I can set up these boards to work with my Raspberry Pi? I have not gotten Minepeon to recognize them. Maybe if I ditch the case entirely, and plug the boards into my Raspberry Pi, it won't crash every hour. I don't have time to check on it constantly!

Activity: 168
Movin' on up.
January 14, 2014, 03:37:32 PM
Regarding the case:  What I would like to see (with the 1.2 th/s rig) is a shell that encases the system for shipping, but that can be easily removed when the unit is placed in a safe place for operating.  Once removed the chips are open to the air and a fan can be used to evacuate the warm air from around the rig.  This makes for a happy operating rig.  Forget the fancy shell, as long as it hashes, that's all that matters.

You need a case with well designed flow, intake and exhausting, if its done right with cold feed and hot exhausting, appropriate ducting and dumping outside the case, it can work just fine, but most home's aren't designed for hosting. But if your hosting elsewhere the case can help contain and direct the air volume and flow, but the inside does need a clean design with air cooling in mind if that's whats implemented, there's talk of oil cooling on Bitmine this will very likely require a case to hold it all together. Also its very likely be a lot more expensive of an enclosure and cooling solution.

What? More expensive enclosure and cooling solution? You are aware that oil-cooled builds existed back in the PC days (as if they're over...), and just involve submerging everything in oil, right? Often, a small glass fish tank was used. It isn't expensive at all.
January 14, 2014, 03:23:37 PM

Jump to: